Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 220 - Miocic Vs Ngannou

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,598 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oezdemir via KO
    I really like Miocic, would like him to keep the belt but would also be great if Francis takes it, win win for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭xtal191

DC via Decision
    Lets go Stipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

DC via Decision
    Watching embedded it's insane how much bigger than DC Ngannou is! Guy is a beast very interesting to see how Stipe gets on with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I really like Miocic, would like him to keep the belt but would also be great if Francis takes it, win win for me.

This stripe is great, but there is just something about seeing Francis win and complete the story...but then stripe becomes the hw with the most defenses if he wins...i dunno what way i want it too go.

Same with DC.... great guy...but like Volkan has only spent 16 minutes inside a UFC cage...be a great story as well if he was to win..

Two great fights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Love DC. Can't wait to see volkan take flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Love stipe but Francis scares me so i wanna see that raw power win the day

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭creeper1

Ngannou vs Stipe is a fascinating fight. I watched a prediction video from ufc fighters on YouTube and people were running with the “Francis doesn’t have the experience yet “ line favouring stipe.

However Alistair overeem is a bonafide top level fighter and Francis got him out of there in one round.

He is an incredible specimen boasting the hardest punch ever produced by a human being on that freaking machine.

Game plan for the champion has got to be take him down and tire him out.

Easier said than done I’m sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

DC via Decision
    God help stipe! I fear for his safety.
    that is all, if he somehow gets past the first he'll be done in the second, just hope when he's out that ngannou doesn't feel the need to put his head through the canvas.
    I'm not sure who's gonna be a match for ngannou in the future.

head says dc, I don't know how good oezdemer is tbh.
    I fancy dc to maybe take oez down and keep him there or just wear him out.

don't forget homasi alhassan part two, first round was nuts last time they fought.
    This will be exactly the same until someone falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

DC via Decision
    creeper1 wrote: »
    Ngannou vs Stipe is a fascinating fight. I watched a prediction video from ufc fighters on YouTube and people were running with the “Francis doesn’t have the experience yet “ line favouring stipe.

However Alistair overeem is a bonafide top level fighter and Francis got him out of there in one round.

He is an incredible specimen boasting the hardest punch ever produced by a human being on that freaking machine.

Game plan for the champion has got to be take him down and tire him out.

Easier said than done I’m sure though.
    Some of Ngannou's earlier fights they tried to that but did not have any success,the guys a beast and decent from the ground also.

DC via Decision
    Gamb!t wrote: »
    Some of Ngannou's earlier fights they tried to that but did not have any success,the guys a beast and decent from the ground also.

Yeah that power helps his tdd a he'll of a lot. Going to be very interesting to see how it plays out. Even if he defends the td well it's going to tire him out a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Oezdemir via KO
    People completely over looking Stipe? I fancy him to win via KO late in round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Ngannou by decapitation

DC via Decision
    People completely over looking Stipe? I fancy him to win via KO late in round 2

I don't think it'll be the walk over some people seem to think but I think the power will get the better of him at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

DC via Decision
    i think most people have stipe to lose including most people at the ufc!

imvho i think if stipe fights close and smart and doesnt give ngannou the chance to get a good swing at him he has a chance of winning the fight.

ngannou has never went more than 2 rounds in any fight in his career. so stipes plan has to be make it go into the 4th or 5th round tire him out then try finish the fight.

while ngannou is a scary guy i think it might be a bit too soon for him to fight for the belt. i maybe see him taken the loss tonight and learning from it and coming back stronger.

I think/hope DC just destroys oezdemir. his record will be forever tarnished over the jones fights so he needs to come out tonight and remind everyone why he is the champ.

2 awesome fights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Oezdemir via Submission
    Thinking of watching the bellator undercard and then switching over to watch the ufc co main and main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Oezdemir via Submission
    Hoping for Ngannou/Volkan wins. Although wouldn't bother me if Stipe wins.

Oezdemir via KO
    Would love if Volkan wins as well, DC seems to annoy me anytime I see him. Unfortunately I see a wrestle ****ing for Volkan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Oezdemir via KO
    creeper1 wrote: »

It was some genius bit of marketing for the UFC to create their own machine with limited access to it and even a set of crazy large units to go with it purely for the purpose of being able to say that NGannou has the hardest punch even thrown at it.

What if.....Francis has cardio for days

I reckon we could see stipe or dc retire with a loss tonight.

I still don't know who I want win though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Doubt Stipe would retire with a loss myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

DC via Decision
    if stipe loses would there not be a rematch? I favour Stipe myself. he's not gonna get wild like Overeem and he's gonna wear Francis down with some tight boxing and spamming takedowns, getting the TKO eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Oezdemir via Submission
    I noticed cain and werdum are in boston for the event tonight. I know cain is probably there to support dc but it would be great if they announced a fight between the two.

DC via Decision
    It was some genius bit of marketing for the UFC to create their own machine with limited access to it and even a set of crazy large units to go with it purely for the purpose of being able to say that NGannou has the hardest punch even thrown at it.

Absolutely! They really need to publish a full list of who has been on it. I come from an Mt background so know who Spong is but doubt many others do. If they had numbers for Tyson or even Joshua/Fury then it becomes a lot more impressive!

Oezdemir via KO
    BOOM! what a way to kick off the card!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Miocic via Submission
    Holy jaysus.

Miocic via Submission
    Baby Khabib's got a missile in that left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Whammy!! What a way to start. And to finish for me. Will catch it in the morning. Not sitting through 15 mins of filler now.

Oezdemir via KO
    I wonder was his coach/manager was telling him to ask for a bonus :pac:

• Advertisement

Miocic via Submission
    This Peruvian lad has no neck.

Advertisement