Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowperson

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

My whole life myself and the whole world has been calling it a snowman. Now apparently that’s not correct, and you’re wondering why this bothers me? It’s a thread on AH. It’s a conversation starter

Nobody is forcing you to reply, yet you did

No one said you can't say it nor did they say it was incorrect. Others choose not to say it. What's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I'm waiting for the guy with the you tube clip.there's usually one in every thread.

Sally who :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

The force is strong with this one

What???
    Seeing as you started the thread, do you mind answering a few of my questions above.
    I'm just trying to get my head around the problem.

and yes there seem to be some sort of problem, I see posters having a winge every now and again about this.
    I'm not sure,but it seems to be connected to this extremely weird(for Ireland) left wing / right wing thing you see online over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The idiot that initially proposed that needs a damn good kicking.

However realistically no one actually gives a crap about **** like this and these ‘issues’ are dreamt up by idiots employed in state run concern/liberty groups who have to justify their existence and salaries and so they scour the media for something to complain about. Real people who live in the real world don’t actually care.

The media should challenge these stupid notions more but I guess the media also thrive on the reaction to their playing ball with whacko civil liberties and PC groups.

I say carry on as before.

No said you can't say it nor did they say it was incorrect. Others choose not to say it. What's the issue?

What’s the issue?
    It’s called a snowman :-)
    The issue is that people that call it a “snowperson” are making a conscious decision to avoid calling it a snowman, as if they are dodging some PC bullet

The presenter was talking to a child.
    He asked the child did he build a snowperson, and then referred to them as snowpeople

I was surprised that someone was trying to obviously choose their words so carefully when referring to a lump of snow which has culturally been referred to a snowman for as long as I can remember

People are free to call snow whatever they like
    And we are all free to raise an eyebrow and start a thread in AH :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Anyone know if Burnley vs Personchester United is on tv this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They're all snowflakes

At least this time we find some use for snowflakes,make snow men from them.

Next we'll all be racists too as the snowmen are all white and there's no ethnic diversity among them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What about man-made structures? Postman? Milkman? Breadman? Bin man? Coal man? Are these aresholës going to thrown wobblers over those terms too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Do the stones on the body of he snowperson button to the left or the right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

mariaalice wrote: »

Only use zips :/

Kinda wish it was snowing now to make one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

mariaalice wrote: »

Did you ever see tits on a snow person?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Did you ever see tits on a snow person?

If it's a snow woman then they look like they're pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I would just like to take this opportunity to announce that I now identify as an attack helicopter.

A model fluid one btw.

So today I woke up identifying as a Bell AH-1 Cobra. Yesterday it was as a Mil Mi-24. Tomorrow? Who knows? Perhaps as a Aspatiale Gazelle?

So if you disagree with this, or have an issue with it, then you are obviously Heliphobic and are worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What about Seamen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Grayson wrote: »
    If it's a snow woman then they look like they're pregnant.

Well if she is pregnant its the zip ups its very difficult to get the buttons closed over the bump.

Commercial radio is very cut throat anything to up your profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This kind of snow-signalling isn't a regular enough occurence to stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can you imagine if a call for conscription ever came down in this day and age.

God help us all if it ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I saw the title of the thread and my first thought was that that's just plain wrong.

After reading the op , it's still wrong.

I'm getting my snow shovel out.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Frosty the Snowman just called...he wants to know where to put his carrot next Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

This is how Genocide was invented

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I thought 'snowperson' was the term preferred for themselves by Snowflakes who are triggered by the negative connotations of the word 'flake'.
    I think they find labelling themselves 'snowpeople' a more acceptable description of their emotionally vulnerable handling of ideas that challenge their own, delicate, entitled nature, but without the implication in 'flake' that they are eccentric crazies.

But... 'man' is short for 'human', just as 'woman' means a female (wīf) human (man), hence wimman/woman.

'Snowman', like 'woman', therefore can define what type of human it is not what type of male it is (or isn't as the case may be).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Snow Dog/Bitch ok, snow man/woman ok, snow Mermaid sexist. Will have to stop the kids making another one.

I would just like to take this opportunity to announce that I now identify as an attack helicopter.

A model fluid one btw.

So today I woke up identifying as a Bell AH-1 Cobra. Yesterday it was as a Mil Mi-24. Tomorrow? Who knows? Perhaps as a Aspatiale Gazelle?

So if you disagree with this, or have an issue with it, then you are obviously Heliphobic and are worse than Hitler.

Absolute nonsense!

I don’t care what you libtard lefty pc brigade say.

Everyone knows there’s only two genders; Fixed wing and Rotary wing.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Reminds me of the old Bob Hope joke from the late 1960s.
    "In Sweden there are three sexes...Male, Female and Convertible!"

(Any PC complaints, take it up with Bob)

Advertisement