Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Dante7 wrote: »
    I love Glastonbury. When else do we get a chance to see so many great bands playing live and broadcast into our living rooms?

They’ve tried to do this for electric picnic on and off the last few years. Never anything consistent though. Has it all got to do with broadcasting rights or some sh1te? Would love if they did similar for ep

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

A big YUP for the chemical brothers
    Killing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Wide Open was f*cking epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Surprisingly straight version of This Charming Man, even down to the Morrissey wooops, loved it, Flowers/Marr for a 2020 tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Killers encore was so much better than the set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭brevity

I’d love to go to it. Maybe for my 40th lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They’ve tried to do this for electric picnic on and off the last few years. Never anything consistent though. Has it all got to do with broadcasting rights or some sh1te? Would love if they did similar for ep

Bands are known to take lesser fees to play Glasto and waive certain rights to allow BBC to broadcast them as it can be a huge profile raiser and get people to their own gigs. Smaller festivals don't have that pull or power to do things.

Even though EP would be less to cover, it'd probably be more expensive and rte would send Lottie Ryan anyway.

MTV did oxegen a few times I recall

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Chemical Bros are killing this!!! Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thought the Killers were great and really got the crowd going.

Never been a fan of theirs and was surprised to see them get the Saturday night slot but tbf they were very entertaining. Flowers is a great front man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭brevity

jbt123 wrote: »
    Chemical Bros are killing this!!! Fantastic

Block rockin’ Beats is still epic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Just let The Chemical Brothers play all night. I'd stay up listening to this. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Weepsie wrote: »
    Bands are known to take lesser fees to play Glasto and waive certain rights to allow BBC to broadcast them as it can be a huge profile raiser and get people to their own gigs. Smaller festivals don't have that pull or power to do things.

Even though EP would be less to cover, it'd probably be more expensive and rte would send Lottie Ryan anyway.

MTV did oxegen a few times I recall

The equivalent of graham nortons Hollywood celebs vs the late late shows reality tv stars is what you’re saying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Chemical brothers were brilliant, not normally my scene but loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

nice mention of that beautiful zero 7 set all those years ago.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Wu Tang on bbc4 now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Weepsie wrote: »
    Have you ever seen em, as they're an excellent live band.

He's got a very very distinctive voice too

I'd say it's a hell of a party at the park stage for them. Hard not to have a good time at a Hot Chip gig

Also red button seems to be looping songs

Fair enough! Eddie Vedder on Wednesday more my bag, all good fun I'm sure but it's all a bit soft or something. Maybe some day I'll get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

mollser wrote: »
    Fair enough! Eddie Vedder on Wednesday more my bag, all good fun I'm sure but it's all a bit soft or something. Maybe some day I'll get it!

I shall be there as well, and going to Weller the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Got right up front for chemical brothers was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Wu Tang doing those horrible hype sessions over Smells Like Teen Spirit and Jump Around. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Sharon Van Etten is winning the 'Glastonbury Cup' for me so far, can't see any act topping her performance tomorrow. Loved her shoutout for Low as well, one of the most underrated bands on Planet Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

nocoverart wrote: »
    Sharon Van Etten is winning the 'Glastonbury Cup' for me so far, can't see any act topping her performance tomorrow. Loved her shoutout for Low as well, one of the most underrated bands on Planet Earth.

seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Wu Tang on bbc4 now!!

I thought they were great!

God I hate grime music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

64 year old here, not a fan of The Killers,but enjoyed them.Love to see a frontman communicating with the audience and Brandon Flowers definitely does that.Great to see Johnny Marr.Also enjoyed Liam Gallagher.As the sign behind Gallagher said,,"Rock n Roll".Long may it live so that us aging rock fans may live longer.
    Now as regards The Chemical Brothers and Friday night Snowzy,sorry pass.

Decuc500 wrote: »
    I thought they were great!

It's a shame they can never get the all the (living) group together on stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Crowds are awful nearly as bad as the band's killers again cmon ffs zzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Wu Tang Clan. Just noise. Anyone could do it. Best band so far were Tame Impala

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Loved the Killers. Brandon is great. I don’t care which of the rest of them turn up. Loved Freya Ridings, Lewis Capaldi, Neneh Cherry, Sigrid, Johnny Marr, Liam Gallagher. Janet was car crash tv. Should have done the legends slot with just her hits & no miming.

I am going next year. Just need babysitters!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Wu Tang Clan. Just noise. Anyone could do it. Best band so far were Tame Impala

Before last night I had heard of the name Tame Impala and thought they were some sort of British Rapper.

I have been listening to them non stop since yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Just watching Liam Gallagher there he's on form totally nailed it.
    Gotta feel sorry for the blokes that have their heffers on their shoulders for wonderwall some weight on most of them

Advertisement