Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best time of year to join French Foreign Legion

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Get yourself one of those call of duty games. Was good enough for me. Not that I'll be shooting guns any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Good idea, also go down to your local pool hall and pick up two pool sticks and you can learn the Krabi-Krabong martial art.

Not sure what that even is. Hard started team paint balling and have learned a lot about flank maneuvering

tac foley wrote: »
    If I thought for a second that you were real, I'd pay to come and watch you fly off to wherever it is you think that prospective legionaires go to.

tac

It’s in France for the training anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not sure what that even is. Hard started team paint balling and have learned a lot about flank maneuvering

I'm sure the caporals will enjoy listening to your tactical lectures as you duckwalk around the barracks

I'm sure the caporals will enjoy listening to your tactical lectures as you duckwalk around the barracks

Move and fire move and fire. Well that’s what I’ve learned so far as well as camouflage. Think it will give me a good head start against other joiners

• Advertisement

Move and fire move and fire. Well that’s what I’ve learned so far as well as camouflage. Think it will give me a good head start against other joiners

i reckon as soon as you tell them of your tactical prowess they wont bother with basic training and send you straight to 3 REP.

i reckon as soon as you tell them of your tactical prowess they wont bother with basic training and send you straight to 3 REP.

Nope I will insist on full training. Gaining the experience is key for me. Just want to have a bit of an edge with the paintballing, airsoft, frog lessons and long jogs.

beertons wrote: »
    Get yourself one of those call of duty games. Was good enough for me. Not that I'll be shooting guns any time soon.

Yeah those computer games are ideal for weapon identification and I understand some of them have 100% realistic gun shooting sounds so you can identify guns from sound alone.

This heat is great for dessert like conditions for pre training.

This heat is great for dessert like conditions for pre training.

Come back to us when you have tried to move in 35+ degree heat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Spring time is the best. Great time of year to stop and admire the pretty flowers. The Daffodils care not a jot for the folly of war,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You won't get any dessert in the Legion.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »

:D I didnt spot that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

You might get just dessert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Career not going too well Alan?

Come back to us when you have tried to move in 35+ degree heat.

Yeah well doing jogs with a dark gansai on will simulate AT LEAST 40 degrees

tac foley wrote: »
    40C is moderately hot in some places where the FLE operates, especially in Afghanistan.  Mid-morning it's around 40C, but in the later part of the afternoon temperatures up to 50C are commonplace, and with your load- up of around 35 - 40 kg, plus your gun, it's slightly more than most folks have ever encountered before.

Anyhow, now that I can see that this whole thread is one jolly p*ss-take, rather than anything in the least bit serious, I can leave it to you jokers to get on with Mr Mitty here.

'Bye now.

tac

Yeah I know all that. That’s why extra layers of gansais will help me acclimatize. I think 1 gansai = 5 extra degrees Celsius.

Btw you are lying about it getting to 50 degrees in Afghanistan ? Why are you lying ? Jealous of the adventure that lies ahead for me I reckon !!!

Jersey is not part of France. If you like jumpers, try the REP.

Not your ornery onager

Jersey is not part of France. If you like jumpers, try the REP.

Nah the gansai replecate the heat of the dessert

• Advertisement

Nah the gansai replecate the heat of the dessert

so you are telling me that the Clancy Brothers were training for the legion all along?

clancybrothers-69f4f00c28153c727ebc81b71bb971424989c7dd-s6-c30.jpg

so you are telling me that the Clancy Brothers were training for the legion all along?

clancybrothers-69f4f00c28153c727ebc81b71bb971424989c7dd-s6-c30.jpg

Not sure who they are but my gansais are all camouflage colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's geansaí.

If you're going to master the foreign lingos, you might as well start with your own.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's geansaí.

If you're going to master the foreign lingos, you might as well start with your own.

It’s froggy I must learn

Not sure who they are but my gansais are all camouflage colour.

Did you design your own DPM?

Not your ornery onager

Did you design your own DPM?

Tie dyed them myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

The best thing to do is practice ironing and polishing. Ironing the uniforms in the FFL is a real bitch and causes serious grief if not done properly. Same with polishing boots. Reach a high standard before joining and get a great headstart.

4ensic15 wrote: »
    The best thing to do is practice ironing and polishing. Ironing the uniforms in the FFL is a real bitch and causes serious grief if not done properly. Same with polishing boots. Reach a high standard before joining and get a great headstart.

Thanks. That’s a great thing to know. Will start researching on YouTube and working on that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

selous wrote: »
    Some recruiting offices tell you they don't want you, but it's a little ploy, you have to go back day after day to show you want to enlist.

Yeah, Meatloaf nearly gave up and missed out.

• Advertisement

McGaggs wrote: »
    Yeah, Meatloaf nearly gave up and missed out.

Ffs awful to miss your dreams. Won’t happen to me

Advertisement