Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oreo Cookies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The first time I had an Oreo I remember thinking 'is this it?'. Couldn't understand the fuss. They seem to be more popular for being cool than being nice biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Just had my first ever few oreo cookies.
    Only bought them cause they were 75 cent in Dealz.

Don't see what all the fuss is about. They taste exactly like the bourbon creams you can get in lidlyaldi for 19 cent.

Gimme Maryland chocolate chips and a litre of ice-cold milk any day over Oreos. They are overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Oreos are mank.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

They look pretty though.

Agree 100%. Seen them on American TV shows and movies for years and when I finally got one it was absolute muck. Same as twinkies

I think Twinkies have a shelf-life of twenty years.

If pregnant women eat them the child could have birth defects. Well that's a slight exaggeration but Twinkies I believe were made in a lab.

• Advertisement

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Nope, I’d still think they were shite. Them being American is no coincidence though. Even American friends of mine lament the poor quality of American confectionery. If Oreos were made elsewhere, they’d probably be nicer.

There is nothing good at all about American basic foodstuffs. Their milk is shit, their butter is shit. Their cheese is shit. Have you ever tried Wonderbread? Christ, talk about synthetic. Their chocolate is shit. Try a Hershey Bar....absolute garbage. We don't need to get onto their beer. Their bacon? Are you having a laugh? Their eggs are dire. Battery farmed, tasteless with lemon yellow yolks instead of a nice light orange hue that results from a chicken who's actually walked around for a portion of her life and eaten proper chicken food.

If water didn't fall from the sky or spring up out of rocks they'd manage to make that taste bad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Just had my first ever few oreo cookies.
    Only bought them cause they were 75 cent in Dealz.

Don't see what all the fuss is about. They taste exactly like the bourbon creams you can get in lidlyaldi for 19 cent.

So you’ve never had a bourbon either as they’re nothing like Oreo’s. You should get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

They were much better in the US years ago. Then they had to take most of the bad stuff out of them. and now they are bland rubbish. Don't get me started on the daft idea to put them in a cadbury's dairy milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

They're manky.

Quite worryingly, my kids like them though.

I hope it's not a gateway snack to cheeky bites in Five Goys, aspirational American hoodies, and hanging around Dundrum

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    They were much better in the US years ago.

Totes mainstream now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Oreos are nice enough.

- have they stopped making Toffee Pops? I haven't been able to find them the last few times I was in Ireland; now they were the Rolls Royce of filled-biscuits.

Or Cafe Noir.

Addiction in a packet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oreos are grand, I like to chew them up and then take a sip of milk, mix it together in my mouth and then swallow.

Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches are f*cking amazing though

oreo-sandwich-product.png

Not to be confused with a tub or Orea ice cream which is mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Oreos are nice enough.

- have they stopped making Toffee Pops? I haven't been able to find them the last few times I was in Ireland; now they were the Rolls Royce of filled-biscuits.

They're very much still around. My local shop does them for a euro a pack. If you're stuck, Aldi have their own ones called Toffeepopsicles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I think if I lived in America I'd never eat another biscuit or sweet again. Considering Oreos and Twinkies are two of their most popular biscuits/sweets I'd hate to taste what they consider inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

I think if I lived in the US again, I would probably stuff myself with double cream Oreos for the first week and get it out of my system and then not eat any ever again. So easy to get sick of them when they are more readily available.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think if I lived in America I'd never eat another biscuit or sweet again. Considering Oreos and Twinkies are two of their most popular biscuits/sweets I'd hate to taste what they consider inferior.

You'd change your tune once you tried Milk Duds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Reese's cups are pretty good. A bit sweet, but good.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They're manky.

Quite worryingly, my kids like them though.

I hope it's not a gateway snack to cheeky bites in Five Goys, aspirational American hoodies, and hanging around Dundrum

I tried a five guys burger the other week. Absolute rubbish it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Ginger Nuts! Good shout.

You can stick your Fix's up your swiss, though.

No way, man, Fox’s are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Literally the worst biscuits in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Cadbury Roundie biscuits are very very tasty. I had to spread the good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

They are just sugary muck

Ick!

Used to buy Pepperidge Farm cookies in Dunnes - they were good. Don't see them anymore though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Used to buy Pepperidge Farm cookies in Dunnes - they were good. Don't see them anymore though.

Remember when you used to see pepperidge farm?
    pepperidge farm remembers

lols

Just saw a box of their Lucky Charms cereal in TESCO for 8euro ! Expensive sugary rubbish.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Remember when you used to see pepperidge farm?
    pepperidge farm remembers

lols

I didn't want to go there... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

2 packets of Oreos (blended up ta fcuk)
    1 tub of Philadelphia cream cheese

Mix together and form into small balls (roughly malteeser size)

Refrigerate for 30 minutes

Coat balls in melted white/dark chocolate.

Chill.

You’re welcome.

Advertisement