Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motogp 2018 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/07/12/pedrosa-announces-retirement/264728

Pedrosa calls it quits, the right decision I think. Great career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Gintonious wrote: »
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/07/12/pedrosa-announces-retirement/264728

Pedrosa calls it quits, the right decision I think. Great career.

was it the right decision? Probably

however i would have liked to see him compete on a different make of bike even for one year just to see how he would preform outside of honda.

he had a great career it will be sad to see him go!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Most successful Moto GP racer to never win a championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Most successful Moto GP racer to never win a championship.

Most successful riders win, Dani while a brilliant rider lacked that killer instinct imo...

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Alex Marquez has been confirmed at MarcVDS for moto 2 in 2019.

Knock on effect is that it probably confirms MarcVDS withdrawal from MotoGP which in turn releases Frankie Morbidelli from his MarcVDS contract to move to SIC Yamaha.

Dani was being lined up but has announced his retirement, Bradley was also being lined up but was told after Assen to look elsewhere.

Fabio Quartararo is rumoured to have signed !but Alvaro Bautista is still in the frame and his performance at Sachsenring will have helped his cause.

Xavier Simeon is rumoured to be out of Avintia (no 2 year contract...) ,Tito Rabat should be a shoe in for the GP18 bike with Karl Abraham or Alvaro on the second bike (a GP18??).

Scott Redding has been offered a test rider role at Aprilla,Dani has a similar offer at Honda,but Bradley and Thomas Luthi are almost certain to be out of MotoGP with Luthi possibly going back to Moto2

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

Great dice, enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

[quote="Infoanon;107546610".

Fabio Quartararo is rumoured to have signed
    Luthi possibly going back to Moto2[/quote]

Lin Jarvis has confirmed Fabio and Frankie (Morbidell ) at SIC Yamaha in 2019.
    Luthi confirmed in moto 2 with Bautista possibly going to Moto 2 or WSBK.

Abraham rumoured to be joining Rabat at Avintia.

Randy de Puniet being lined up as a KTM replacement rider in Silverstone - Jonas Folger turned down an offer to ride for KTM in Austria.

Cracking racing yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Nal wrote: »

i was very surprised this happened i dont ever remember anything like this ever happening before. i was also surprised lin jarvis didnt do the talking.

cracking race. lorenzo has totally changed his riding style. its great to see him back to his old fighting ways. i would say ducati are sick they didnt sign him when they had the chance

• Advertisement

i see Scott reading has a lengthy apology to aprilla on his Instagram account for comments made on sunday after the race.

does anyone have a link to the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i see Scott reading has a lengthy apology to aprilla on his Instagram account for comments made on sunday after the race.

does anyone have a link to the interview?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/903411/1/redding-heartbreaking-weekend-hell-start?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Comes off as a right childish tool. Wonder who had words with him to make him apologise the way he did and what did they actually say to him!

Magown3 wrote: »
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/903411/1/redding-heartbreaking-weekend-hell-start?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Comes off as a right childish tool. Wonder who had words with him to make him apologise the way he did and what did they actually say to him!

bloody hell he didnt hold back.

i wouldnt say childish i would imagine he is just extremely frustrated. why doesnt aliex have the same issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    bloody hell he didnt hold back.

i wouldnt say childish i would imagine he is just extremely frustrated. why doesnt aliex have the same issues?

He does. He just isn't as frank when discussing them with the media. I doubt if anything Scott said wasn't true in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

MotoGP will be the first race tomorrow followed by Moto3 then Moto2. Some are saying it may not happen at all.
    https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1033407803317211137

Tito Rabat has had a very nasty injury due to an off in FP4. Rins, Espargaro and Morbidelli all went off in the same place (as Rabat) within seconds of each other I hope he recovers well.

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1033360016655491073

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Wait, why wouldn't it happen at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Magown3 wrote: »
    Wait, why wouldn't it happen at all?

There is a large amount of standing surface water in places when the rain is very heavy, which is causing aquaplaining. I think five riders went down/off in the same place in FP4.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

not looking good for any racing today

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

Predicting short flag to flag. Roll up roll up anyone's a winner...

• Advertisement

legrand wrote: »
    Predicting short flag to flag. Roll up roll up anyone's a winner...

too many riders saying they dont want to race it is too dangerous. safety car driver said its getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Sitting in the club corner stand. People here staring to lose faith. Alternating between raining and lashing.

459436.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Silverstone was only resurfaced recently, this is a joke of a track.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pussy's...............Hodgeson said it right..the tail wagging the dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭XsApollo

RustyNut wrote: »
    Sitting in the club corner stand. People here staring to lose faith. Alternating between raining and lashing.

Said on BT they will re-evaluate at 1pm as it’s supposed to clear a bit at 1.30pm.
    Could be a long day.

I'd say they will call it. The track is sodden now. Even if it stopped now it would take a lot of drying out.

Just announced racing to begin at 1.30. I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭XsApollo

RustyNut wrote: »
    I'd say they will call it. The track is sodden now. Even if it stopped now it would take a lot of drying out.

Well They just said they had the meeting and they are thinking of racing at 1.30, also Crutchlow is with them in studio and he said they will keep updating until about 3 -3.30 before they call it.
    You might get a race yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This will be insane if it runs at half one imo.

Advertisement