Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting maximum value from a signed jersey for charity

Options
  • 16-01-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine has an Ireland jersey signed by the players at a training camp sometime early last year.

He'd like to raffle or otherwise sell it with proceeds going to a local charity.

Any suggestions on how to do this in order to maximise how much they raise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Have it professionally framed with a little brass plate stating team/year etc. Then advertise the raffle and to have it held in a pub or club near landsdown after one of the upcoming 6 nations games
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The best value I saw one go for was at a more general charity auction before. If he can piggyback on one of those. Normally they're held in nice establishments with well-to-do clientelle who've been on the sauce. The charity themselves might know of one.

That is just anecdotally where I saw one go (it was a signed Lions jersey).

Advertisement