Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight loss buddy

Options
  • 15-01-2018 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all. Just wondering if there's anyone who would like to join me in shedding some weight. I've lost weight before and gained it back again but I don't want to look like this anymore. I'm the biggest i've ever been and have put on quite a bit over the past few months.

We can weigh in every Friday and give each other support and advice etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is there any operation transformation groups local to you? I'm in a great one and a group usually keeps going after the 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishcailin

Not that I know of but unfortunately I don't get out of the house much, hv 2 small children, stay at home mam and husband not home every night till nearly 9 every night so that's why I went online 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Brochatshow

Hi irishcailin :) Im starting my own weight loss journey, would be nice to have a buddy for accountability!

That's great, looks like it's just the 2 of us :-) i've always had trouble with food as in i had to be very careful with what I ate, for whatever reason I put on weight sooo easily, if I ate what my friends ate who went to say slimming world i'd put on a serious amount of weight in a very short space of time!!

But anyway, i've made a few little changes, keeping away from the biscuit tin, haven't been able to get out walking yet - weather and sick children.

I can see my stomach has went down but guaranteed I won't have lost anything which is normal for me. How about we weigh in every Friday? What would you like to lose? Realistically I could lose at least 4 stone, seem to carry my weight fairly well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A good aid which ye could use would be the My Fitness Pal app and then both of you can pair up as 'buddies' using the app. Its more beneficial however for counting the calories and logging your meals and once ye see the calorific value for 1 chocolate biscuit you'll soon change your menu.

Good luck to the both of you. I lost 2.5 stone last year but continue to use the app just to keep me in check.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You could also revive the General Weight Loss Support Thread and see who else might join in.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056824266/176/#post105236622

Dear God a miracle has happened, i've lost 2lbs :-)

Advertisement