Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wrestling observer himself and his contemporaries - your take?

Options
  • 13-01-2018 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

leggo wrote: »

Also from a dirtsheet standpoint, take Ryan Satin who fancies himself as the heir to Dave’s throne. Now, despite him legitimately running rings around Meltzer for scoops lately,

Ok, hold on, wait...wait a sec. I'm not going to go into the Meltzer Elgin thing at all now because I've had a few delicious ales, and I don't want say anything foolish, but to say that Ryan ****ing Satin, an ambulance chaser who has no news without Dave Meltzer, is running rings around him is absolute nonsense.

Give examples.

Please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/934351680279257088

That's what a piece of **** Satin is, just for an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ok, hold on, wait...wait a sec. I'm not going to go into the Meltzer Elgin thing at all now because I've had a few delicious ales, and I don't want say anything foolish, but to say that Ryan ****ing Satin, an ambulance chaser who has no news without Dave Meltzer, is running rings around him is absolute nonsense.

Give examples.

Please.

When you wake up after a night out to find you made a bunch of Dave Meltzer fanboy posts online...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

When you wake up after a night out to find you made a bunch of Dave Meltzer fanboy posts online...

Wouldn't be the first time someone online has done that :D

(I'm just joking...)

Lowsy news about Paige. Just heard it on a podcast this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

For sure.

Show me Ryan Satin running rings around Dave though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

For sure.

Show me Ryan Satin running rings around Dave though.

What are you even asking for man? I feel Meltzer’s credibility took a massive hit in 2017. His reporting has becoming sloppy and insensitive, most recently calling a sexual assault victim a liar publicly while last night acknowledging that he didn’t ever ask for her side of the story. It’s well known that he’s lost a lot of good sources and has started to generalise in his reports, saying stuff like “oh that could all change” so he doesn’t have to be accountable, the mark of a hack. Satin gets a lot of stuff right and is regularly first to the story, in the tweet you listed above he even replied by listing stories that he’d broken and Dave had used without crediting him after the fact. Dave didn’t reply to that, which is becoming a go-to for him these days. At the same time Satin also comes across as a bit of a dick. But he’s annoyingly accurate with his reporting. That’s my perception, that’s my opinion, I don’t need to prove it because I’m telling you it is. Asking me to prove it is like me asking you to prove that Satin chases ambulances.

I get it, you’re a Meltzer lifer. And that’s fine, you’re allowed to be. But others see him differently and they’re allowed to. He’s now publicly victim-blaming sexual assault victims. You may find yourself in an increasingly small group defending him, but by all means continue...

Stop disagreeing with me for the sake of it now. I’m busy, not taking any applications for a new ‘beef’ and nobody here wants to read it. Just accept that sometimes I, and others, may have differing views to you. Don’t be so delicate and for god sake stop drunk dialling me dude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement