Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 24 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Didn't get to see much of the Spurs Everton game.

Any thoughts on getting Tosun in for DCL?

The bit I did see I thought Tosun showed promise.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I see Moreno is back so will have to move Robertson on - possibly to VVD or Alonso - would prefer to keep some cash to upgrade LIngard in a few weeks though so probably VVD as teh risk of missing the Alonso goal-fests :(

scotchy wrote: »
    Didn't get to see much of the Spurs Everton game.

Any thoughts on getting Tosun in for DCL?

The bit I did see I thought Tosun showed promise.

Tosun to say really :P

I need to ship out DCL but as he is bench fodder anyway he is not a priority.
    I think Ayew could be a good switch for DCL, if you are not planning on starting him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Thinking Mangala Sobhi Vardy
    to
    Alonso Salah McBurnie

Worth a -8?

How did mangala and up in your team in the first place? Disaster he is. -8 is heavy but looks a good move

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I presume Christy's place is pretty secure for a while with Cahill's injury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

More than likely vert and alli to vvd and salah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Selling kane a few weeks ago was the worst mistake ever (missed both hatricks). Getting him back in on free hit was of no use as I went back to no kane this week. I was also left with Hazard.

So I have decided that while I can aford it (tonight only) I am doing a -8 for:

Hazard to Sterling
    Firmino to Kane
    and
    DCL to Ayew.

If anything goes wrong tomorrow or midweek I will just hit the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

How did mangala and up in your team in the first place? Disaster he is. -8 is heavy but looks a good move

Thought Stones wouldn't be back for a while and Kompany was out. Couldn't afford Otamendi.

Stupid gamble that went badly wrong.
    Really need Salah back and want Alonso for the season. So might aswell take the -8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Tosun to say really :P

I need to ship out DCL but as he is bench fodder anyway he is not a priority.
    I think Ayew could be a good switch for DCL, if you are not planning on starting him

And just to be Devil's Advocate why not McBrunie/4.5M ?

Perhaps there are a few around who've had Ayew for a long stretch who could tell us how often he came in for them.

Zeegelaar has been woeful for me so he’s gotta go.

Could take the easy way and upgrade him to VVD but I’d rather be spending 4.2-4.3 on a replacement rather than 5.4m.

Have to bring Arnie and Salah or Mane in too. I’ve a feeling Mane could be the man for the second half of the season.

Chilwell would have been coming in at 4.3 but his red card today is putting me off.

Not sure I want to touch the Palace defence with them having their main men injured.

Had an eye on Dummet but not liking their fixtures.

Wimmer or more likely Cameron could be a shout. Not sure who Edwards is at Stoke but assume he’ll be out as soon as they get 1 or 2 back from injury which could be next week.

Current defence is - Alonso, Jones, Masuaku, Martina and Zeegelaar.

In theory I could downgrade Zeegelaar down to a 3.9, 4.0 bench fodder but for the sake of 0.2-0.3 I think I should bring in a playing defender.

I really don’t want to spend more than 4.3m and Zeegelaar is about to drop in price.

Am I missing anything ?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I'm trying to...........but my team is not in great shape for next week .
    It really depends on how aguero looks tomorrow and firmino as he would be making way

I could have used WC this week and I loved the team I put together BUT I decided it would be far too valuable later in the season.

So I’ve decided to maybe take a couple of -4’s over the next 1-2 weeks and would be happy to score average until then.

Chilwell misses FA cup replay so will be available for next league game.

ElTel wrote: »
    And just to be Devil's Advocate why not McBrunie/4.5M ?

Perhaps there are a few around who've had Ayew for a long stretch who could tell us how often he came in for them.

Tbh I don't know much about McBurnie at all - did not know if he was guaranteed gametime whereas I would say Ayew probably is (at least off the bench rather thank blanking) - has also popped up with some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Might hold on to Christensen for 1 more week. Gotta work Salah back in for Alli first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Might just hold onto the transfer this week.

DeGea
    Alonso - Ogbonna - Otamendi
    Salah - Sterling - Son - Arnautovic - Lingard
    Kane - Finmino
    SUBS: Elliot, Quaner, Duffy, Mariappa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Lukaku to Aguero unless he gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I really don’t want to spend more than 4.3m and Zeegelaar is about to drop in price.

Am I missing anything ?

Moreno is down to 4.4 and should be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Dearg81 wrote: »

Who will play between Moreno and Robertson? Is going to be a rotating / depending on tactics or is one more likely to be nailed on.

Wonder if it will end up like Spurs full backs

Dearg81 wrote: »

Would be shocked, and savagely disappointed, if he ousted Robertson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Would be shocked, and savagely disappointed, if he ousted Robertson.

Yea he probably won't, we'll find out soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not happy with having to play Depoitre/RLC every week. Of course I'm 0.1 short of

Morata to Aguero
    Haz to Arnie
    Depoitre to Firmino

Have exact funds for

Morata to Aguero
    Haz to Arnie
    RLC to Son

Spurs have a few tricky fixtures coming up though which is putting me off Son a bit. Ideally I'd like Mahrez but I'm .5 short for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Arnautovic owners or soon to be owners..

Will he continue to be up front each game do we think or will Carroll take that spot again?

Thinking of getting him in but afraid I may have missed the boat form wise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Will he continue to be up front each game do we think or will Carroll take that spot again?

He should continue there. Moyes praised his form up front also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Have a look at Match of the Day, he looked electric.

Moyes would be mad to break up the Arnie / Lanzini combo up there, and they should be let free to do their thing with minimal defensive responsiblity. They are really really high quality players for the level they're playing at. Not that many attacking players on that level in the bottom 12 teams imo

Some nice fixtures still coming up for WH, I wouldn't say you've missed the boat neccessarily

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Feels like a big decision this week for me, have 2 FTs and it will almost certainly be:

Hazard, Vertonghen, Depoitre out for a 4 point hit. Or perhaps just two of them, Hazard certainly.

There's a ream of players I'm considering and I'll be having a close look at some of the City players today.

Either Aguero of KDB (or maybe even Sane) for City's nice little run, eyeing up Albrighton (nice run and form) or Choupo-Moting as Aguero enablers, or could go with Lingard with a very cheap defender.

Mahrez is tempting me also, looks electric and has great fixtures.

Haven't felt like there's this many transfer options for a while, and seems like a big decision this week. Will be looking very closely at Aguero today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Struggling on the Aguero decision now. Feel like I'd be getting him due to fear more than anything. Morata to Firmino may be the more sensible transfer and would allow me another premium mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Was hoping to keep transfer this week to allow sale of Morata next week with upgrade to midfield at the same time, but Wilson's goal + assist against Arsenal has persuaded me to go for him to replace Calvert Lewin. Got Calvert Lewin for the bench at 5m as affordable with the possibility of playing and found he did great with assists when playing first choice way more than I expected. Not sure he'll get much game time now with Everton's new striker so may as well get rid now for someone who looks like a better choice than Morata on current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

So I made two moves last night (Haz to Sterling and DCL to Ayew) in order to have just the right change to upgrade Firmino to Kane today.
    I'm now thinking I should switch Aguero to Kane instead but looking at the fixtures Man City are at home to Newcastle and WBA next while Spurs have ManU and Liverpool in their next 3.

Not sure what to do now. I really need Kane in my team right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

So I made two moves last night (Haz to Sterling and DCL to Ayew) in order to have just the right change to upgrade Firmino to Kane today.
    I'm now thinking I should switch Aguero to Kane instead but looking at the fixtures Man City are at home to Newcastle and WBA next while Spurs have ManU and Liverpool in their next 3.

Not sure what to do now. I really need Kane in my team right?

Mental to sell aguero now he will outscore kane over next 4 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Thinking of getting Stones in. Hardly rise after conceding 4 will he?

Advertisement