Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW23 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Watching the 2nd half of Huddersfield/West Ham here on Sky.

1. Huddersfield are ropey as fúck at the back.
    2. Moyes would be insane to take Arnie out of that striker's role.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

89 with De Gea and Firmino to go (no hits)

HEWT

That score is an insult to HEWT.

To quote Chandler in friends.

Chandler: Oh, I know, this must be so hard. "Oh no, two women love me. They're both gorgeous and sexy. I scored 89 in FPL, My wallet's too small for my fifties AND MY DIAMOND SHOES ARE TOO TIGHT."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

27(-4) from 8....absolute omnishambles.

Hazard & Morata with 1 pointers, every else blanking except Courtois and Kane.

Sickened....Jones, Lingard & Captain Salah to go

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

50 with 4 players to come.

I was pleased to see Chelsea get a clean sheet as I have Christensen but then I find out he was dropped and came on to play 57 minutes. Boo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

65 with Otamendi, Sterling, Firmino, Salah, De Gea and Lingard to go. Lingard has it all to do as I shipped him for Lanzini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

64 with Fabianski (3) still to come off the bench. OR halved to 20k.
    Need to dodge Salah and Sterling tomorrow.
    4 left to play: Otamendi, Jones, Sane, Firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

That score is an insult to HEWT.

To quote Chandler in friends.

Chandler: Oh, I know, this must be so hard. "Oh no, two women love me. They're both gorgeous and sexy. I scored 89 in FPL, My wallet's too small for my fifties AND MY DIAMOND SHOES ARE TOO TIGHT."

:-D I wish I could figure out how to put a Chandler GIF up here! In my defence this season has resembled one flop after another (in continuing with the Friends theme its like waking up beside Janice every morning) so let me enjoy my tongue in cheek comment and bask in the glory of finding myself in the top 1000 this GW for one and only night (it's like having a threesome with Rachel and Monica).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

51 (-4) nice little rise. Begovic (Haven't a clue how he's still there), Gomez, Salah, Sterling and Aguero to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

54 gives me a green arrow up to 64k. Fabianski's 3 to sub in off the bench Monday night too. Jones, Otamendi, Salah, Sterling & Firmino to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

66 with 4 to play, first good week in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

67 with salah firmino and lingard to play

Hewt

I'm going to make a confession here.

I started the Christmas period at around 100k. But with not wanting to check my rank due to underwhelming weeks, I had no idea where i was. I assumed around 350k at least.

Now maybe I was before yesterday, but with 74 points, I'm up to 98k.

That's mental.

Note to self, it's not always as bad as you think, and a good week can get you going again in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm going to make a confession here.

I started the Christmas period at around 100k. But with not wanting to check my rank due to underwhelming weeks, I had no idea where i was. I assumed around 350k at least.

Now maybe I was before yesterday, but with 74 points, I'm up to 98k.

That's mental.

Note to self, it's not always as bad as you think, and a good week can get you going again in no time.
    Back inside the top 500k for only the second time this season

Everyone seems to have fúcking Lingard though, so that's a potential problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Currently inside top 8k. Delighted with that though this will drop if Salah scores big.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have fúcking Lingard though, so that's a potential problem!

I refuse to get worried by Jesse fcuking Lingard!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

63 with Salah, Aguero, Lingard and Jones to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

69 with Ederson, Sterling and Firminio left

Huge haul from Kane, Son and Eriksen.

Have gone from OR of 2.6M 6 weeks ago to 845k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Fair play to Future Guy and KM79 they were telling people not to transfer Arnie out yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Changed captain from kane to alonso yesterday morning. It only cost me five points in the end but after son had scored and Kane was still blank I was getting a serious jump in the ranks overall but most importantly in the mini league s as nearly all close to me had Kane captain. 66 but I have no United player so a good result for them today would nullify the gain I have in mini leagues anyway as most seem to have two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

People ahead in my leagues have 2 each of Pool City and United while I have one of each. See myself sliding further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

A measly 39 but big 6 left to go.

Stones, Jones, Sterling, Lingard, Salah and Aguero. Aguero seems to he a fairly but differential so need him to do well.

Could salvage the week yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm going to enjoy owning Arnie until his inevitable sending off for violent conduct or injury whichever comes first within 3\4 weeks
    His interview after the game was hilarious
    He basically said lanzini was giving out to him for not passing to him so now he has 2 assists for his 2 goals Lanzini can shut up

And he had no intention of passing to him for the second assist either it just ran away from him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

km79 wrote: »
    I'm going to enjoy owning Arnie until his inevitable sending off for violent conduct or injury whichever comes first within 3\4 weeks
    His interview after the game was hilarious
    He basically said lanzini was giving out to him for not passing to him so now he has 2 assists for his 2 goals Lanzini can shut up

And he had no intention of passing to him for the second assist either it just ran away from him :)

Didn't see interview but 100% agree about not wanting to pass. Also when that goal went in he didn't look happy or go and celebrate

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Didn't see interview but 100% agree about not wanting to pass. Also when that goal went in he didn't look happy or go and celebrate

He is an absolute egomaniac
    Not a player I'd want in my team when things are going badly but when they are flying he will be
    Not a season keeper by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 39,531 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

VVD misses out today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KevIRL wrote: »
    VVD misses out today

City could run riot

MrMac84 wrote: »
    City could run riot

Pool have defended well at home without a half fit VVd in the team.........he is basically in pre season at the moment !

@FFScout: BBC report that Alexis Sanchez did not travel with Arsenal for their encounter with Bournemouth this afternoon http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42681675

Ozil could also be out
    I swear if Daniels keeps a clean sheet today !

• Advertisement

Chelsea were blessed to keep a clean sheet yday!

Advertisement