Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most useless thing ever

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Heated toilet seats

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Was buying a motorbike about ten years ago or so,yer man goes into salesman of the month mode with extras such as boots,gloves,helmet etc.
    Anyway I buy a few bits and just as I was gathering up and heading for the door he says how about an ashtray? I says no thanks sure I don't even smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭17togo

3 pages in a nobody has said "the wife"!? :-D

*looking over shoulder*

Neither will I, she's amazing!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Electric car seats, slow and needles expense in a car,
    They get good when then hold and remember a programmable position but useless up to that.

Microwave dings are necessary
    Microwave popcorn is very bad for you anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

The office computer network...f****n useless.. . Followed extremely closely by the IT dept responsible for it.

Yet to come across a company with a decent one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Lord Mayors....pure and utter expensive ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

About 20% of the people in my company.

Stoner wrote: »
    Electric car seats, slow and needles expense in a car,
    They get good when then hold and remember a programmableo position but useless up to that.

Microwave dings are necessary
    Microwave popcorn is very bad for you anyway

Electric everything in a car is pointless apart from windows. Doors in particular are pure ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

VW 1 wrote:
    I'll go old school and say, tits on a nun?

Why, are you so insulting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Irish translations on State documents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Cigarette filters. Yeah, that'll stop the cancer.

Headphones that cost less then a tenner. Music will be inaudible on the street and either one of 2 things is guaranteed to happen: one earbud completely dies or the wire near the plug makes a crackly sound when it is moved. Usually after about a week of use.

The corner on a packet of ham that says 'open here', you pull it and all that happens is the little corner bit rips off and the packet still ain't open. And they say resealable sometimes but never are.

The worst though is the ding! sound a non digital microwave timer makes when it finishes cooking. Why do we need this to happen when the timer gets to zero, the frigging thing shuts off at that point anyway so there's no danger of overcooking, and I don't think I've ever been more than a meter or so away anytime I'm nuking something, it's not like I'm gonna forget about it and it will get cold, and even if it did, the whole point of the thing is it can heat stuff back up quickly. I doubt most people even cook things to exact time increments. Plus I don't need an alarm to notify everyone in the house that I'm stuffing my fat face at 2 am.

Just eat all the ham in one go , that'll teach the packet.

Take the microwave apart and remove the "ding" , be aware of radioactive **** or something.

Mmmm cigarettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The edit reason (optional) section when you go to edit a post. What's the point if it's optional.

The KPMG bloke on the Lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Vouge Williams.
    Did anybody see her on celebrity mastermind?
    Embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Chocolate teapot
    Ashtray for a motorbike

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrhoppy

IT Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Mahogany gas pipe and so called "cold remedies"

Both fecking useless.. Square hoops, sprout wine?

I should open a shop. Grot sounds like a good name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

Irish translations on State documents

And translating EU business documents in to Irish, ffs, at a cost of millions!

As if anyone is ever going to read them in Irish. No wonder the EU will fall apart.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-translation-of-european-parliament-documents-costing-43-per-page-1.3203792

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Toenails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

The little extra button inside garments like jackets, shirts...
    Fair enough when clothes were really expensive, but you'd often find the extra buttons on things from Dunnes, New Look ... I've never used a single one.

So much packaging, like the plastic around Babybels, compounded by a mesh bag ffs.

These bottle/cup sleeves to keep warm or cold. Lots and lots of pound shop plasticky gadgets we don't need and generally don't use.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Social influencers
    Hr departments
    90% of the non edible stuff in dealz/euro giant
    Entry level no-brand bikes
    John delaney
    Cheap umbrellas
    USC
    New lucozade - not fit to clean the bath with
    Dublin traffic management
    €8 pints
    The CRO, HSE, Revenue...actually, all govt departments - so backwards, slow & inefficient

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Raidió Teilifís Éireann

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

diomed wrote: »
    Toenails.

They are good for scratching the back of your other leg.

Those tempered glass screen protectors designed to protect your shiny expensive smartphone screen. All the one's I've used have either started to peel of at the corner but even worse I find they crack quite easily - more easily than the screen would crack. So you end up with a hairline crack across the screen leaving your phone looking like crap or having to go to the bother of buying and putting on another one which is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Newstalk breakfast with PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish E-Voting Machines.

Achillhenge.

Scientology.

Homeopathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Boards.ie mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Anti bacterial hand wash that comes with a sensor so it squirts on your hand. You don't have to touch the pump and get all the germs on your hands. It anit bacterial hand wash... d'uh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

evil_seed wrote: »
    Anti bacterial hand wash that comes with a sensor so it squirts on your hand. You don't have to touch the pump and get all the germs on your hands. It anit bacterial hand wash... d'uh!

Also your using soap which will kill the germs anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement