Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 13-01-2018 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭

Taking a bit of a punt in the 3:25 at Wetherby tomorrow, but surely Hargam has got to be competitive off just 120 over fences. Still only 7 years old and competitive against some high quality animals than what it faces tomorrow when hurdling in the past. I thought it travelled well last time at Aintree but lost all confidence when clattering a fence when coming into the business end. If he can get around, then surely in with a chance. 16/1 in a 7 runner field strikes me as worth taking a punt on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Taking a bit of a punt in the 3:25 at Wetherby tomorrow, but surely Hargam has got to be competitive off just 120 over fences. Still only 7 years old and competitive against some high quality animals than what it faces tomorrow when hurdling in the past. I thought it travelled well last time at Aintree but lost all confidence when clattering a fence when coming into the business end. If he can get around, then surely in with a chance. 16/1 in a 7 runner field strikes me as worth taking a punt on.

Look at the market, one horse being backed more than others. That stable is in decent form.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Took a punt on couer blimey in the 2.40 in Kempton.

He has plenty in hand, hopefully he can jump today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Josses Hill at Kempton 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

As de Pique beat the Wrlsh national winner 15 months ago off a mark of 120 and is a lot better than his form figures suggest. Has been running in reslly hot handicaps, he was hampered esrly in the Troytown last time and unseated at Cheltenham the time beforr when travelling strongly. He's only rated 122 and was an excellent sixth in the paddy power last year. This race is much easier than he has faced of late and 20s is absolutely huge 25s with a crowd no one can get on with. Well worth a few quid at 135 punch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭kksaints

Taking a chance on Goodtoknow each-way in the 3.35 Warwick. Kerry Lee has a fine record in this race for the last two years and this horse was second to OneforArthur in this race last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Getabird getting hammered and Mengli Khan drifting in the Moscow Flyer.

However, surely its worth backing the Elliott horse in what looks a two horse race, given it's Russell v Patrick.

No offence to Patrick, and know he's won numerous graded hurdles, but a small field, potentially slowly run novice hurdle - where tactics are crucial - is miles away from riding a fancied horse in a bumper where he can kick early and get aggressive on a future stayer.

Also, if it came to getting a stride right at the final flight, there's no comparison.

Getabird is unbeaten and may be a tool but he'll have to be today.

I'd rather back him NRNB for Supreme given if he wins today he'll only improve for future riding arrangements.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Getabird getting hammered and Mengli Khan drifting in the Moscow Flyer.

However, surely its worth backing the Elliott horse in what looks a two horse race, given it's Russell v Patrick.

No offence to Patrick, and know he's won numerous graded hurdles, but a small field, potentially slowly run novice hurdle - where tactics are crucial - is miles away from riding a fancied horse in a bumper where he can kick early and get aggressive on a future stayer.

Also, if it came to getting a stride right at the final flight, there's no comparison.

I'd rather back him NRNB for Supreme given if he wins today he'll only improve for future riding arrangements.

If getabird beats mengli Khan then he's a serious horse. I'd be with you, back the proven form

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

HArgam is a non-runner now

jimjamcos wrote:

jimjamcos wrote:

Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Impressive from Getabird there. As mentioned in the Cheltenham thread I backed for Supreme at 16s. Into 7/2 NRNB. Couldn't be taking that price now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Tool.

Yeah that was unreal. Market spoke volumes. Thought Invitation Only was deadly aswell earlier. Things looking up for WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Getabird still 5/1 nrnb with pp
    samcro 3/1f
    soon as samcro is taken ouit getabird will halve in price
    getting some 5/1 asap!

classy display
    ran the life out of MK
    Will have to reappraise my Supreme pick!!

Yeah that was unreal. Market spoke volumes. Thought Invitation Only was deadly aswell earlier. Things looking up for WP.

Impressive but couldn't back either now.

Both untested on better ground, stronger pace and Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

that Waiting Patiently beats everything other than a fully fit Altior and Douvan in the Champion Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

aidankkk wrote: »
    that Waiting Patiently beats everything other than a fully fit Altior and Douvan in the Champion Chase

That's a brave statement Aidan
    Would it beat Yorkhill and Min in your opinion?

Wouldn't be too sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

That's a brave statement Aidan
    Would it beat Yorkhill and Min in your opinion?

Wouldn't be too sure

dont think either of those would win . That said id be shouting for Yorkhill on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

ANDREWMUFC wrote:
    Class, very impressive

A fair turn of foot alright.

Jumps like his legs are tied together though!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

6:45 @ Wolverhampton

Can't decide between New Abbey Angel and Indian Red.

Just think Indian Red made it's move too early LTO and could win this time.
    New Abbey Angel moving up 4 furlongs for this race, partnered with the fact it's trained by Kenny Dalgleish and rode by Phillip Makin. I think it'll be here or there come the end of the race.

Might bet on both to place as if either of them place it's money back.

Indian Red to place - Evs
    New Abbey Angel to place - 11/10

I'll go Indian Red to win - 4/1

And just for fun I'll do a reverse f/c - No 3 1st, No 5 2nd - 19.44/1.... No 5 1st, No 3 2nd - 17.66/1

Now that I've put this up neither will finish in the top 3 at all and Anton Dolin will win the race at 100/1 :P

Backed the wrong Dalgleish horse :(

• Advertisement

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Took a punt on couer blimey in the 2.40 in Kempton.

He has plenty in hand, hopefully he can jump today.

He shaped well but didn't jump. One to keep an eye on.

7:15 @ Wolverhampton

Hamish McGonagain E/W - 12/1

Poppy In The Wind to place - 10/3

Terrible race by Hamish McGonagain...
    Poppy In the Wind deat heat for 3rd so only got odds of Evs, don't know that's worked out :P Missed the start, could've maybe won if had got the start right. But then again, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...

7:45 @ Wolverhampton

Not so sure this time out, and going against all rules of gambling, I'm betting out of sentimentality... Have lumped on this horse it's last two runs, wouldn't be so sure today.

Pulsating to win - 5/4

And I was right, still didn't stop me from losing money though...

Last one for today...

9:15 @ Wolverhampton

Mr. Carbonator - 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭kksaints

kksaints wrote: »
    Taking a chance on Goodtoknow each-way in the 3.35 Warwick. Kerry Lee has a fine record in this race for the last two years and this horse was second to OneforArthur in this race last year.

Didn't go a yard. Looks very out of form.

Byrony Frost is having an excellent season. Thats another big race winner for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

kksaints wrote: »
    Didn't go a yard. Looks very out of form.

Byrony Frost is having an excellent season. Thats another big race winner for her.

Yeah Milansbar was fancied for the welsh national 7 days ago blinkers today worked very well

Last one for today...

9:15 @ Wolverhampton

Mr. Carbonator - 4/1

Winner :D

If I was betting 1pt per bet today it would be;

Staked - 10pts
    Return - 13pts
    Profit - 3pts

:D:D:D

He shaped well but didn't jump. One to keep an eye on.

Runs again tomorrow in the Betfair hurdle. 28/1 at the moment, he'll probably drift tonight. I'm going in again.

Coer blimey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Runs again tomorrow in the Betfair hurdle. 28/1 at the moment, he'll probably drift tonight. I'm going in again.

Coer blimey

Probably very well handicapped if it jumps. Very big if!

• Advertisement

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Probably very well handicapped if it jumps. Very big if!

He travelled well into the straight at Ascot and I'm hoping that the shorter trip helps him get home rather than improved jumping.

Advertisement