Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Board Levys To GAA Clubs

Options
  • 12-01-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Hoping someone could help me with this query.

I read an article from 1996 about Kilkenny GAA introducing a Levy for clubs for the development of Nowlan Park.
    And they threaten to throw over 10 teams, from Senior to Junior out of the following years Championship.

I know during recent times during the recession such County Boards introduced fees for GAA clubs.

And I seen this become standard for some County Boards now. I am wondering the effects this has on small rural clubs with small numbers and revenue streams.

My first question is - Is this legal? Can a County Board do this?

My second question is - Can the County Board throw clubs out of championship for non-compliance with this levy?

The likes for small rural junior clubs with 30-40 members can withstand this annual fee against the likes larger clubs with over 1000 members.

Hypothetically speaking. If a County Board was threating to kick a club out. Is there anything the small clubs can do? Something to get out of this fee or am I wrong? Or will they get kicked out or wound up?

Any advice knowledge on this is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement