Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Matthews interview-Main goal of NIALive to get recreational runners onto track

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

How far in advance do the individual dates go on sale? Hoping to run on one of the December dates but no info that I could find on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

healy1835 wrote: »
    How far in advance do the individual dates go on sale? Hoping to run on one of the December dates but no info that I could find on the site.

Usually update a couple of days after the previous round so normally the week of you can enter. Have to say it was a great event last year. For the majority of it ran with military precision and crowds grew week on week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Usually update a couple of days after the previous round so normally the week of you can enter. Have to say it was a great event last year. For the majority of it ran with military precision and crowds grew week on week

Any idea on the mile time groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Is a mile the longest race they do? Have they ever had 3000mts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

They had a few last year at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

Seems so.

Have to have a stab at this this year.
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Went with the 3000 in the end. Went with the mile the last 2 times so decided to go for the longer distance this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Any idea on the mile time groups?

The way it worked last year was they would just grade on the spot a few mins before the first ‘heat’, according to the standards of those present. Not sure if last year’s results are still available on the site, but the range of standards was pretty wide on the nights I was there, so most people got a competitive race.

Interesting to look back over the discussion at the beginning of the thread - I think the events proved much more welcoming and less ‘elitist’ than some posters feared. I’ll certainly be going along again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Anyone have any idea of the dates for this year's NIA live series? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, the dates are 5/11, 3/12, 17/12, 14/01, 28/01, 11/02, 18/02.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

pconn062 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea of the dates for this year's NIA live series? Thanks
    sick of the muck already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

jamule wrote: »
    sick of the muck already?

Absolutely! My xc season is already 1/3rd over!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

pconn062 wrote: »
    Absolutely! My xc season is already 1/3rd over!

you looked like you had so much fun yesterday (unlike your brother:))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, the dates are 5/11, 3/12, 17/12, 14/01, 28/01, 11/02, 18/02.

Doesn't look like anything on in November, website has December 3rd as the next event.

https://www.sportirelandcampus.ie/nialive

Edit: All the events are listed now:

https://embed.futureticketing.ie/c/sportirelandcampusevents/

Advertisement