If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av receiver and speakers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tgsmokealot

Hey lads

Yep me again... I'm just in the middle of measuring up here.... Do I need to use the same cable for all speakers? Both surround and ceiling?.... I think I want to use half decent cable.. but it's going to work out very pricey if I use for every speaker.... I'm not going to go with that low smoke cable you mentioned earlier for all speakers as most of the cables wont be in the wall, only about 1m each speaker and I don't really want pink cables running all around the room... Is it possible to only use that cable for the ceiling speakers and something better for surround and have the whole system sound good? Would I noticed the difference? What do you guys think? What's your opinion on this... I've been reading good reviews on qed silver anniversary xt...
    Hi TG.

You can use different speaker cable for the in-ceiling speakers no problem.

The low smoke for the in-ceilings would be perfect and then you could another cable for the 5.0 setup.
    The Silver Ann XT is an excellent cable and very very well reviewed. It currently retails at £7.50 per meter but I could drop to £5.50 per meter.

You would also still require a sublink cable for connecting the subwoofer.
    Cambridge AUD100:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-aud100-75m-sub-cable.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hey Kenny....last question is it best to have both left and right speakers the  same lent cables, the furthest speaker away by 2 lents, and the same for rears? And same for ceilings  Or do I just measure up from speaker to av receiver..does this matter?

Thanks again Kenny

• Company Representative Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey lads

Yep me again... I'm just in the middle of measuring up here.... Do I need to use the same cable for all speakers? Both surround and ceiling?.... I think I want to use half decent cable.. but it's going to work out very pricey if I use for every speaker.... I'm not going to go with that low smoke cable you mentioned earlier for all speakers as most of the cables wont be in the wall, only about 1m each speaker and I don't really want pink cables running all around the room... Is it possible to only use that cable for the ceiling speakers and something better for surround and have the whole system sound good? Would I noticed the difference? What do you guys think? What's your opinion on this... I've been reading good reviews on qed silver anniversary xt...
    Hi TG.

The low smoke for the in-ceilings would be perfect and then you could another cable for the 5.0 setup.
    The Silver Ann XT is an excellent cable and very very well reviewed. It currently retails at £7.50 per meter but I could drop to £5.50 per meter.

Cambridge AUD100:
    Hey Kenny....last question is it best to have both left and right speakers the  same lent cables, the furthest speaker away by 2 lents, and the same for rears? And same for ceilings  Or do I just measure up from speaker to av receiver..does this matter?

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Yes, if possible you want to get the same length of cable for each pair of speakers.

Front left and right the same length.
    Rear left and right the same length.
    And the in-ceiling left and right the same length.

Centre and sub and single cables so it does not matter for them.

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Yes, if possible you want to get the same length of cable for each pair of speakers.

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny
    Yes that's the way I'll go...

Those other speakers finally arrived yesterday just to let you know (many thanks). .. i opened u those ceiling speakers to have a look Kenny and there is no template in there for the ceiling cut out! Is there ment to be? What way do I go about doing that now? No panic at the moment though,still need a few things before I start putting it all together...

I've got a some things going on over these next two weeks,so as soon as that's done with I'll be back in touch with you to grab that cable/brackets and receiver of you..

Thanks again Kenny

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny

Those other speakers finally arrived yesterday just to let you know (many thanks). .. i opened u those ceiling speakers to have a look Kenny and there is no template in there for the ceiling cut out! Is there ment to be? What way do I go about doing that now? No panic at the moment though,still need a few things before I start putting it all together...

I've got a some things going on over these next two weeks,so as soon as that's done with I'll be back in touch with you to grab that cable/brackets and receiver of you..

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hmmmm..

I thought the cut out was inside the box of the Pro 65's.

I'll have a check at some of the ones that we have here and get back to you.

• Advertisement

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hmmmm..

Hey Kenny

Any joy with the cut out's?

Also before I order those cables and stuff, can you recommend a tv bracket for a Hisense 55M7000 i purchased  of you a little over a year ago now.

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hmmmm..

Hey Kenny

Also before I order those cables and stuff, can you recommend a tv bracket for a Hisense 55M7000 i purchased  of you a little over a year ago now.
    Hi TG,

Kenny is off today but I'll get someone to have a search for one of those cut outs.

Are you looking for a bracket that is flat to the wall or do you want to be able to have full motion functions on it?

Many thanks

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys the cutout template is always in the plastic bag with the grilles.

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Guys the cutout template is always in the plastic bag with the grilles.
    There not with the two speakers I received John... The grilles are in place on the speakers in the bag ,but no cut out's... There is a very light cloth type material stuck to the grill itself... For dust I'm assuming! Nothing else in the boxes, a speaker in a bag that's it, I've double checked both boxes.

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hmmmm..

Hey Kenny

Hi TG,

Kenny is off today but I'll get someone to have a search for one of those cut outs.

Are you looking for a bracket that is flat to the wall or do you want to be able to have full motion functions on it?

Many thanks

David
    Ok David thanks..

As for the TV bracket... Some little play might come in handy... Don't want to have to spend in the hundred though... As a standard bracket can be got kinda cheap... Just wanted to hear your opinion.

• Advertisement

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hmmmm..

Hey Kenny

Hi TG,

Many thanks

David
    Ok David thanks..

As for the TV bracket... Some little play might come in handy... Don't want to have to spend in the hundred though... As a standard bracket can be got kinda cheap... Just wanted to hear your opinion.
    Hi TG,

I can do you a Sanus titling bracket (BLT2) for £65 down from £79 or a full motion BLF213 for £139 down from £179.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hmmmm..

Hey Kenny

Hi TG,

Many thanks

David
    Ok David thanks..

Hi TG,

I can do you a Sanus titling bracket (BLT2) for £65 down from £79 or a full motion BLF213 for £139 down from £179.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David i will have a good look at that bracket..I just might have to wait a week before I can order. 

To Kenny, did you find out about the cut out's? 

What's the best deal you can do for me for 32 meters silver Ann xt, 24 meters of that low smoke cable, and 5 QA's brackets.

Hoping to order this week.

Regards.

Hey lads

Hi TG.

Cambridge AUD100:

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hi kenny

Thanks again Kenny
    Hey TG.

Hmmmm..

Hey Kenny

Hi TG,

Many thanks

David
    Ok David thanks..

Hi TG,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David i will have a good look at that bracket..I just might have to wait a week before I can order. 

To Kenny, did you find out about the cut out's? 

What's the best deal you can do for me for 32 meters silver Ann xt, 24 meters of that low smoke cable, and 5 QA's brackets.

Hoping to order this week.

Regards.
    Hi TG.

Apologies, I had been off on holiday for a few days over Easter.

I have checked several of the Pro 65's here and they all have the cuts included in the box.
    It's very strange that both are missing from the ones you got. Anyway I will have one of the cut outs dropped into the post for you.

The QED Silver Ann XT.
    It retails for £7.50 pre meter.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-100619-silver-anniversaryxt.aspx
    I could offer this for £5.50 per meter.
    Total for 32m = £176

Cambridge Audio Ultra Micro install priced at £3.99 per meter
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200819-ultra-micro-install.aspx
    I could offer this for £2.50 per meter.
    Total for 24m = £60.00

For 5 of the QA brackets I could offer them for £16.00 each. In total for 5 = £80.

Total for everything would be £316.00 delivered. That's a saving of over £100.

That's awesome Kenny... I'm going to need two fire hoods?  Can you do anything on them?

Regards

That's awesome Kenny... I'm going to need two fire hoods?  Can you do anything on them?

Regards
    Hi TG,

I could do two Hoody 2s for £59 each?

Also, would you be able to PM me your address please so I can post out the cut out today?

Many thanks

David

Hey Kenny I'll be in touch Monday to order those few things...

Do I need to go with the more expensive hoodie 2. There is a few options There! Would they all fit the pros?

Thanks

Thanks
    No problem TG.

Thanks
    No problem TG.
    Hey Kenny ready to order... Do I need that perticular hoody or could I go with the cheapest fire hood you have cambridge fh10? 

Thanks
    No problem TG.
    Hey Kenny ready to order... Do I need that perticular hoody or could I go with the cheapest fire hood you have cambridge fh10? 
    Hi TG,

It's more the size of the cover, the FH10s would fit a smaller speaker. You could go for the FH20 which I could do for £43 each? Let me know what you think and if you're ready o order drop me a PM with your contact number and I'll call you for details.

Kind regards

David

Okay Kenny we will go with those... Could you round it of at 400 pounds all in for cables/brackets and hoods? 

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Okay Kenny we will go with those... Could you round it of at 400 pounds all in for cables/brackets and hoods? 

Pm sent
    Ok, we'll go an even £400. I'll give you a call asap to get that processed.

Hey Kenny... Received all the other bits and bobs ie(cables/brackets/ and cut out) thanks... Haven't been able to install anything as of yet, still waiting to purchase the receiver...

At the start I was locked onto the Sony 1080.... But I've had my head turned to the Denon 4400h.. not ready to purchase just yet.... wanted to ask you first about both..

Would the Denon be over kill for my setup now? Is it worth twice the price of the Sony?

I understand the Denon comes with more options and maybe a little more future proof...but as sound quality is, is there a big difference? Or would there be a difference with what I have? Probably hard questions to answer but I've never heard any of these in the flesh per say!

I understand both would work for my needs.. but I'm getting drawn to Denon...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards.

Hey Kenny... Received all the other bits and bobs ie(cables/brackets/ and cut out) thanks... Haven't been able to install anything as of yet, still waiting to purchase the receiver...

At the start I was locked onto the Sony 1080.... But I've had my head turned to the Denon 4400h.. not ready to purchase just yet.... wanted to ask you first about both..

Would the Denon be over kill for my setup now? Is it worth twice the price of the Sony?

I understand the Denon comes with more options and maybe a little more future proof...but as sound quality is, is there a big difference? Or would there be a difference with what I have?  Probably hard questions to answer but I've never heard any of these in the flesh per say!

I understand both would work for my needs.. but I'm getting drawn to Denon...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards.
    Hi TG.

The Sony is an excellent bit of kit but the AVRX4400 would be the next stage up again.
    I have my eye on the Sony for myself.

I don't think it would be over kill but it is capable of running higher powered and spec'd speakers. I does also give features like Denon's Heos milti room software and it really does sound the part. We have used it many time in our demo room.

Hi TG.

The Sony is an excellent bit of kit but the AVRX4400 would be the next stage up again.

I don't think it would be over kill but it is capable of running higher powered and spec'd speakers. I does also give features like Denon's Heos milti room software and it really does sound the part. We have used it many time in our demo room.

I think I'll go with the Sony... Is there any movement on it today Kenny?

Hi TG.

I think I'll go with the Sony... Is there any movement on it today Kenny?
    Hi TG,

Unfortunately I've no movement on it at the moment but could offer free shipping if you were interested?

Hi TG,

Unfortunately I've no movement on it at the moment but could offer free shipping if you were interested?

Ahh missed the cash off I noticed the other day..

Okay pm sent.

Hi TG,

Ahh missed the cash off I noticed the other day..

Okay pm sent.
    I'll be in touch asap

I'll be in touch asap

Do you have a tracking number for that order Kenny? Hoping to get for weekend. Cheers

I'll be in touch asap

Do you have a tracking number for that order Kenny? Hoping to get for weekend. Cheers
    Hey TG.

I'll PM your tracking details now.

• Advertisement

Hey TG.

I'll PM your tracking details now.

Hey Kenny.. haven't received the av receiver yet , hopefully I should have it on Tuesday.

I've noticed that there is a 10 pound drop on the Sony since I paid for it?... I haven't even received it yet! 🀔😣.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.