Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frampton v Donaire April 21, Belfast

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Thinking about it

Any idea when tickets go on sale ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I thought Donaire had retired?

Anyone else think this is a terrible match up for Carl? A slickster boxer with reach, height and speed advantages, going by the Donaire from a few years ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I picked up tickets today. Looking forward to it. If Carl is anything like his last performance he'll be well beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭walshb

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I picked up tickets today. Looking forward to it. If Carl is anything like his last performance he'll be well beaten.

Donaire is past it, smaller and not all that great. He can punch a bit, so really, his best and probably only chance is the KO. He will not outbox Carl.

Donaire is better than the Mexican that pretty definitely had the beating of Carl. He won't get away with that performance again.

• Advertisement

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Donaire is better than the Mexican that pretty definitely had the beating of Carl. He won't get away with that performance again.

The Mexican was a deal bigger than Donaire. The Mexican's size and strength were Carl's issues. Donaire will not present that...

If Donaire is sharp and willing and somewhat on form he will present punching dangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Getting tickets for Frampton fights is a disaster. I've failed on the last three attempts. Gone in less than a minute.

Perfect fight for Carl before he fights for a world title in the summer. Should beat Donaire but solid test. Hopefully Carl gets 12 solid rounds out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Good chance Fury will be on this card.

If he does actually ever fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

dinorebel wrote: »

Hope it's as good as his last Belfast bout...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

dinorebel wrote: »

Fury won’t be back so soon and I think he’ll have to headline on his return. Would be great though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Fight is clashing with Amir Khan's comeback on Sky which won't help viewing figures. Warren must be fuming.

Pighead wrote: »
    Fight is clashing with Amir Khan's comeback on Sky which won't help viewing figures. Warren must be fuming.

He's right to be fuming. Boxing fans should be disappointed too. Hearns' tactics - he can be fairly ruthless.

pac_man wrote: »
    A belter of a card.

Frampton v Donaire

Donaire is 35 but is still a dangerous fighter. Frampton didn't look too hot in his last fight. Weather that was down to underestimating his opponent, he's on the slide or he was trying new things out, who knows.

Carroll V Mccullough

Probably a fight that goes the distance. I think at one stage Mccullough was going to be a decent prospect, an impressive win against Willie Casey followed by a shock stoppage in some random gym in Germany. That seemed to dent his momentum and confidence and I don't think he's been the same fighter since. Maybe edge it for Carroll in this.

Cummings v Keeler

I think someone is going to get stopped in this. Cummings will be the favorite,he's physically the stronger guy but I wouldn't write off Keeler. He's changed trainer now with Pete Taylor and maybe a fresh approach will benefit him.

Mckenna v Sutcliffe

This is a little rivalry that has been bubbling since the amateurs in which Sutcliffe would probably be deemed the better amateur. However, stylistically this could be a tough enough fight for him. Mckenna has that gangly Andy Lee look about him. There's every chance that if Mckenna can keep his distance then he can win this. I fancy Sutcliffe in this, looking at the odds he's 15/8 which is mental.

Agree on most points there pacman

Although I do think Donaire is not dangerous - I see him as a spent fighter who jumped at this fight for the payday before the inevitable bow out in to a well deserved retirement. I think Carl and his team know this too. Also, In saying this I do agree with you that Carl hasnt looked too hot and who really knows why the real reason(s) are for this? One thing’s for sure though - If this is another close one I think a it’ll be only fair that a few eyebrows would be raised.

You’re spot on regarding Phil and Tyrone! For Jono v McCullough, I think jono Dominates him. I’d be silly to say I think he stops Marco consodering jonos’s lack Ko’s but I would not be surprised at all.

Also, I think Conrad Cummings is a little overrated and Luke Keeler underrated - so this should be a telling fight.

Can’t wait!

I have a feeling that style wise McCullough/Carroll will be a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

I have two spare £55 tickets for April 21st in Belfast if anyone is looking. Face value

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

This is now for the WBO 'interim' title with the winner as mandatory to face Valdez.

This is now for the WBO 'interim' title with the winner as mandatory to face Valdez.

Hopefully Donaire comes ready.. Looking forward to getting to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

Nonito's been on the slide for 4/5 years now. 35 is very old for a guy who started at flyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

I have two spare £55 tickets for April 21st in Belfast if anyone is looking. Face value

Tickets sold

Any word on the weigh in? Presuming it'll be open to the public.

• Advertisement

Thanks Pac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cummings on the wrong end of a decision here by the looks of things, disappointing from him, no urgency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

weemcd wrote: »
    Cummings on the wrong end of a decision here by the looks of things, disappointing from him, no urgency

Surely Moore is having a word in the corner, i have yet to be convinced by him as a trainer.

weemcd wrote: »

Luke really wants it more doesn’t he? I think Conrad is a limited fighter and if also have to question his mental game. Really enjoyed keepers performance rather than the fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

All action from Keeler there, busy with good variety on his shots. Cummings is a bit 'nice' for me, if you pressure him or make it any way a rumble he won't win. He should have put Mittag away and it cost him before. He has a lot of work to do, or he'll be resigned to boxing in the Devenish in front of 500 people. He's lucky to get on bills like this due to his close relationship with Frampton.

He was beaten to the punch in almost every exchange there, for me.

Many left to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Just caught the replay of the stoppage there. Was that premature or was he getting the ears boxed off him? Looked premature but as I said I just tuned in and they showing the replay

Many left to go?

Carl up next

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Carl up next

Tete Vs Narvaez to come first !

Fantastic performance from Keeler, looked a level or two above anything he's shown before and was in terrific shape. The difference in head movement and footwork between Keeler and Cummings was striking !

• Advertisement

Carl up next

Next after this :)

Advertisement