Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar sues shop owner after he injured his testicles while robbing the premises.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

I know a good solicitor,his name is kick in the nuts for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Solicitors confirming every negative stereotype of themselves in here. Oink oink.

I'd disown a family member if they sued for this, and I'd actively try to ruin their miserable life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

I actually wonder should the state could be taken to the European Court of Justice or even European Court of Human Rights for this?

It seems like the victim of a crime is actually being victimised further through the civil law system. Regardless of what the outcome is, is a huge stress and also could potentially incur significant and potentially unrecoverable legal costs defending the case.

There is an EU directive protecting victims of crime.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32012L0029

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

If it was A Chinese Takeaway' you could give him some Chicken Balls to replace the damaged ones, put his photo in the local newspaper so every one could give him a good slagging. typical of this country --even allowing him to make a claim. Up the mountains some night with him Damaged testicles would be the least of his worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

His name and photo is on the front of this weeks local weekly newspaper, The Anglo-Celt.

http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2018/01/12/4150694-ridiculous-state-of-affa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Vic_08 wrote: »
    And as I have said repeatedly the reason to push the case through is to force a settlement on the defendant on the basis that paying the settlement will be cheaper than winning the case where there is 0 chance of claiming back expenses off a scummer.

Only the crime victim defendant has any stake in the case, win or loose he will be out of pocket, win or loose his lawyer will be getting his fee paid. The plaintiff has no reason not to proceed, he won't be paying out if he looses and his lawyer is gambling that he can force a settlement and get his cut of the con.

Your several-page off-topic rantings on the insurance industry does not absolve the legal profession for their amoral abuse of the system in this way.

I can't put it any better than this, so I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    His name and photo is on the front of this weeks local weekly newspaper, The Anglo-Celt.

http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2018/01/12/4150694-ridiculous-state-of-affa/

The solicitor who wrote that letter should have his photo in the Celt.

And why do Judges keep giving out suspended sentences?? Lock them up. If there is no more room, build more prisons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

And why do Judges keep giving out suspended sentences?? Lock them up. If there is no more room, build more prisons.

They don't have the money to build more prisons because of the fortune being spent on forever homes, which ironically allows the vicious cycle of "taking and not contributing" to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Nekarsulm wrote: »

he's a dirty looking scrote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

RossieMan wrote: »
    If the shop owner has set up traps or done something negligible then yes, he can be sure regardless of how the incident occured.

A big one from years ago was some of the older generation set glass on the top of their walls when building them, came back to bite many of them in the arse.

If he pulled that stunt with me he'd be minus his balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

what a scummy bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

imme wrote: »
    what a scummy sore bollocks

Word added for effect.

Advertisement