Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Christmas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I let her go out on her birthday as well, to be fair.

I am laughing out loud LOL.

But I know what yer at. Happy New Year :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Never heard of it before now. I always thought today or tomorrow was when the tree and decorations came down and that was pretty much it.

I think Jan 6th in Russia is more important that Xmas day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,688 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

_Dara_ wrote: »
    This Christmas, I've actually seen hotels in a few different parts of the country (I did a bit of travelling between family homes of me and my hubs) advertising Women's Christmas events. It's the first year I've noticed it.

I've been in Galway ten years now, and I'm pretty sure the hotels etc have been doing events for it all that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

_Dara_ wrote: »
    It was never really a nationwide thing, though there seems to be marketing attempts to revive it and implant it into the public consciousness country-wide. Doubt they'll succeed, most people are done with Christmas by now.
    I think sticking "Women's" in front of anything these days rouses a surprising amount of support. They might even get a grant for it.

It's always been "take down the decorations" day for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This thread made me get sick in my mouth a bit.

Advertisement