Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New idea on the deformity of citeogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sinister bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Ipso wrote: »
    A possible reason for citeogitis, and not to do wit the brain.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/why-some-people-are-left-handed-2018-1

You can never trust a lefty.:D
    Don't even mention those ambidextrous freaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A possible reason for citeogitis, and not to do wit the brain.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/why-some-people-are-left-handed-2018-1

I actually this type thing fascinating.....and for once I'm not being sarcastic ✌

I actually this type thing fascinating.....and for once I'm not being sarcastic ✌

Yes it is a RIGHT good read.
    I advise everybody to read it or risk being LEFT behind.

Yes it is a RIGHT good read.
    I advise everybody to read it or risk being LEFT behind.

d5924c4c74859898f56139faf37c859ce3cf80e0d55055147a5bc156371c2085.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I wonder how many older Irish people who are right handed may actually have been left handed but were "encouraged" to use their right hand by the wonderful attitude back in the day.
    I remember seeing a show on the abuse scandals and one of the people who was abuse ended up in a home because he was left handed. To think that this attitude was around in the 20th century is terrifying (god only knows how many people suffering from dyslexia were treated).
    Two of my children are left handed, it's strange how one of them writes backwards as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Deformed now are we? Bejaysus that's a new one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What's wrong with being ambidextrous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The Latin word for Lefty is Sinister.

Those Romans were onto something.....

Stheno wrote: »

Can't trust a word out of their mouths.
    They are only right half the time.

• Advertisement

Is it not liked to schizophrenia/ADHD....or a very higher rate of it in ambidextrous people??

(May be just pure sh1te I heard one time)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I wonder how many older Irish people who are right handed may actually have been left handed but were "encouraged" to use their right hand by the wonderful attitude back in the day.
    I remember seeing a show on the abuse scandals and one of the people who was abuse ended up in a home because he was left handed. To think that this attitude was around in the 20th century is terrifying (god only knows how many people suffering from dyslexia were treated).
    Two of my children are left handed, it's strange how one of them writes backwards as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

Being encouraged is the best thing ever, as it seperates children who can and can't take a punch early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I, for one, like being deformed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

How it feels being part of the 10%

64d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Arghus wrote: »
    I, for one, like being deformed.

Well they can make it legal, but they can't make it right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Apparently still happens. I know of a playschool teacher who was suggesting to a parent they they might try to force thier child to favour the right hand because the child has shown signs of favouring the left.

How society has travelled from the glory days of "oh he's a ciotóg, be careful with the little possessed bastard" to "oh he's a ciotóg, he must be very intelligent'.

Fair play to them all for taking on the devil each and every day and finally beating him. Still, no smoke without fire, as they say!...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Snooker Fred Davis was ambidextrous. During a match The commentator, "Whispering" Ted Lowe said:

“Fred Davis, now age 64, is too old to get his leg over, so prefers to use his left hand.”

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Snooker Fred Davis was ambidextrous. During a match The commentator, "Whispering" Ted Lowe said:

“Fred Davis, now age 64, is too old to get his leg over, so prefers to use his left hand.”

Reminds me of the famous cricket commentating, 'The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey'

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

When I was a child, I had a relative who used to constantly call people citeogs whenever they did something clumsy or used their left hand where they'd normally use their right.
    Anyway, that relative went on to have a son who is left handed, and in the 30+ years since his birth, I have never heard her use the term once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My older brother was whacked on the hand with a ruler every time he tried to write with his left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My older brother was whacked on the hand with a ruler every time he tried to write with his left hand.
    This was going on till the late 80's.
    My wife was ambidextrous in primary school but got a wallop with a ruler whenever she used the left. The nun who did it continually denied to my wife's parents that she would ever do such a thing.

It's funny because my wife is very much a "live and let live", "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all", kind of person. But every now and again, she'll see that same nun, now in her eighties and looking very senile, decrepit and frail, and she'll smile to herself and say, "Good enough for that old bitch, I hope she doesn't die for years". :D:D

Advertisement