Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA Super Thread 2018 *See #1 for Races*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

More like ice-logging - a lot of unmelted snow still on the campus! Definitely a cancellation and not a postponement?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

We've been doing a little bit of work and have revamped the online registration system for the BHAA events. Race results and leagues will be added again later this week but we're trying to provide a less clutter website. We'll have a new subscriber email list and as ever we're interested to hear your constructive feedback.

Our next event is the K-Club 10km which is on next Saturday morning at 11am.

http://bhaa.ie/events/the-k-club-10km-2018/

A5_Flyer_BHAA-KClubupdated.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

first timer at this one today.Great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭An_Reathai

Always really like this race. Think the BHAA are fantastic. But... I'm pretty sure the course was long yesterday. I'd guess about 150 metres. They moved the start forward maybe 100 yards from where it used to be and to compensate, they added a loop of the car park on at the end. But it should have been obvious that the extra loop was a lot longer than 100 yards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

An_Reathai wrote: »
    Always really like this race. Think the BHAA are fantastic. But... I'm pretty sure the course was long yesterday. I'd guess about 150 metres. They moved the start forward maybe 100 yards from where it used to be and to compensate, they added a loop of the car park on at the end. But it should have been obvious that the extra loop was a lot longer than 100 yards!

I liked the race, I'd do it again...but I didn't quite get the hype that I'd heard around the event to be honest. The carpark thing at the end was unfortunate alright ( lots of confused looking faces in the finishing chute) but then again, its a tenner...and there's hot dogs after.

First year doing a good few of the BHAA races and I've been impressed overall

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Very enjoyable race out in Raheny Saturday morning. A lovely route, will be back for next yr.. the sun really helps. Can we have that at all the races please..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Thanks to the BHAA volunteers & OPW for another great 5K race in Phoenix Park last night. nice course, very hot conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

The Dublin City Council/BHAA 5k race is on this Wednesday, 18th July at 7.30pm in Irishtown Stadium. Start and finish on the track with three laps of Ringsend Park in between. Registration is from 6.30pm, to make things easier you can register online via the link below.

https://bhaa.ie/events/dcc-5km-2018-irishtown/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Irish Life XC this Saturday in Santry. Four lap combined race, with some nice ups and downs.

https://bhaa.ie/irish-life-2018/

Who's in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Butterbeans

Irish Life XC this Saturday in Santry. Four lap combined race, with some nice ups and downs.

https://bhaa.ie/irish-life-2018/

Who's in?
    Looking forward to it. Gonna be a mucky mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

Looking forward to it. Gonna be a mucky mess!

Will it really be that mucky? I know there’s been a lot of rain but ground was very dry beforehand and able to absorb a lot. What length spikes are you going to wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Butterbeans

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Will it really be that mucky? I know there’s been a lot of rain but ground was very dry beforehand and able to absorb a lot. What length spikes are you going to wear?
    I haven't run in Santry Demense in a few years (I used to live close by and ran in there a bit) but it's a poorly drained area and unless that's changed I'd expect it to be mucky - more rain due before weekend. I'll prob wear 9mm but have 12mm in reserve

It'll be soft for sure but I don't think it'll be as mucky as people might think, even with the rain....there's a lot of soaking up to be done given the lack of rain we've had. There's only one race on the day too so nothing to cut the ground up beforehand for the lads.

Good conditions underfoot today at Santry, liked the course - tougher than the Dublin Seniors with the extra couple of drags thrown in but it kept things honest!
    First time running this one, good standard, well organised...good race

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Left calf tightened up after 3k :( done the wise thing, stopped and called it a day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Anyone know when the 2019 calendar will be released - AGM was last night and race dates were to be rolled out at it?

Thanks W, looks like K club is on much earlier this year, at least the diet can start early next year once the race is overðŸ˜.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

There were murmurs of a xc in December. Is this planned? Seems to always to TBC. Used to be the Vodafone event at St. Johns. Was always a great race. Shame it is gone.

• Advertisement

And the TBD XC in March, this used to be the Maynooth one (called off this year iirc), not sure where this will be held now

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

And no track races in Trinity this year?!

MrSkinny wrote: »
    And no track races in Trinity this year?!

Sadly, no. A particular favourite meeting for me, even though I only ran well in one of the six races I entered. Apart from the unique setting, it offered plodders like myself a chance of actually winning a race; a massive change from the usual shuffling around in the middle of the pack :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Skidrow

Cracking BHAA/Pfizer 5km race on Wednesday evening. Good turn out for the 3 lap off road course. Excellent set-up from registration, course, stewarding, water, results, piles of hot food/tea/coffee after.
    Full set of results and prizes distributed after race.
    I hung on for the results which were ready really quickly after the race and I was home by 9:30!

And the results were up on the website at 11pm!

Take a bow BHAA - keep up the good work.

Advertisement