Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling lumens for euros

Options
  • 03-01-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm looking to sell some of my stellar XLM but all I can see is advice on buying coins.

I know that I have to transfer the XLM to an exchange where i can convert to BTC or ETH or similar. ( which one? )
    Then I can use my newly acquired ETH and have them converted to euros that get bank transferred to my account.

I also want to avoid transaction fees and get it done reasonably quickly if I can.

Anyone done this already? I see complaints about just about every exchange out there Poloniex / Binance / Coinbase, any success stories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

How much are you looking to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The way I work it (only a newbie so by no way an expert). Exchange for Ethereum on Binance, thranfer Ethereum to Coinbase and sell, move funds back to your bank account by Sepa transfer. Takes 2-3 days on total. You will need to do a sepa transfer into your Coinbase account before you can transfer out, transfer in a nominal amount like €5-€10 then transfer the lot back

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sc0by

I'm looking to sell about 1000 or 1500 I think.

I had accounts made at binance and coinbase so I just need to add my ID . Do you know if I need to add ID to both of those sites?
    I'll make a start on that so that I'm ready to transfer.

Thanks for your help :) It's reassuring to know that people have managed it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

sc0by wrote: »
    I'm looking to sell about 1000 or 1500 I think.

I had accounts made at binance and coinbase so I just need to add my ID . Do you know if I need to add ID to both of those sites?
    I'll make a start on that so that I'm ready to transfer.

Thanks for your help :) It's reassuring to know that people have managed it before.

You need id for Coinbase but not binance for the amount you're transferrring

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have a visa card set up on Coinbase to pay in, but whenever I click EU Bank to add an account the modal window just disappears. Annoying!

• Advertisement
Advertisement