Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trucking general chat - was Forum/Sub-forum proposal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

That foden is a beauty.. the man that drove her back in the day tho his back must have suffered. No fancy air bags or comfy air seats in those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Advertisement

B-double, tractor and 2 forty foot trailers. Someone over here was or is running 1 for runs between 2 depots

neris wrote: »
    B-double, tractor and 2 forty foot trailers. Someone over here was or is running 1 for runs between 2 depots

It's caulfield transport. Trailer 1 is 20/25 with a 5th wheel and trailer 2 is 45. Think there's a pic up on the pics forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Photos of two irish double b's here.

How does this work? Have the rules changed or do they have a special exemption for a trial period?

• Advertisement

They aren't aloud to reverse apparently. The yards they go to are drive in and drive out. Caufields run from little island in cork to a place in Dublin and I'm assuming Owen Gavin is doing the same from some place in Galway. Could be totally wrong tho just going on hearsay.

Few from today parked in the Topaz up near the M1/M50 change

Scania R620 V8
    20180325_181017.jpg

As above & Musgrave Day C.F.
    20180325_181022.jpg

Czech Daf LF
    20180325_181052.jpg"

Scania
    20180325_181138.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

A few shots of my old ladies before everything when pear-shaped. 161 can now be found on the M50 with scrap metal trailer with Wards. I know 'tang' machine, but no boots or cowboy hat in sight, never got into that bs.

161.jpg

1611.jpg

1612.jpg

1613.jpg

1614.jpg

Aska wrote: »
    A few shots of my old ladies before everything when pear-shaped. 161 can now be found on the M50 with scrap metal trailer with Wards. I know 'tang' machine, but no boots or cowboy hat in sight, never got into that bs.

161.jpg

1611.jpg

1612.jpg

1613.jpg

1614.jpg
    There's nothing wrong with liking your lorry and putting on a lights. stacks are nice. Any lad who wants to be called a tang leave em at it. Lovely trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Nothing over the top in my opinion
    Fine looking truck,id say it was serious money
    That bottom bar give you any bother?
    Seems very low to the ground

161.jpg

1611.jpg

1612.jpg

1613.jpg

1614.jpg

Lovely trucks lad, but them ****in lights! A pain in the hole to be behind at night. Absolutely hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Odelay wrote: »
    Lovely trucks lad, but them ****in lights! A pain in the hole to be behind at night. Absolutely hate them.

If he was working you'd be looking at his trailer back doors not the back of the cab.

• Advertisement

westgolf wrote: »
    If he was working you'd be looking at his trailer back doors not the back of the cab.

Seen many with those back lights at night pulling flats. The don't always pull fridges.

firstlight wrote: »
    That bottom bar give you any bother?
    Seems very low to the ground

The truck is on air in the front so that helps, can be a great bonus if you are backing into a spot off the road say and the kerbing is high, then you can let her up in the sky to avoid them, but there's the downside too, if you brake anyway hard then being on air she nose dives too so you can rub the tarmac.

Odelay wrote: »
    Seen many with those back lights at night pulling flats. The don't always pull fridges.

Very true, flats and low-loaders

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

161.jpg

1611.jpg

1612.jpg

1613.jpg

1614.jpg

Savage wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

I see applegreen on the n7 at rathcoole after redoing all there forecourts has got rid of sll truck parking😡😡😡. Was a handy place for a 45 most days.

I see applegreen on the n7 at rathcoole after redoing all there forecourts has got rid of sll truck parking������. Was a handy place for a 45 most days.

Just like garveys in dungarvin. Big hit to the pocket I bet

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Just like garveys in dungarvin. Big hit to the pocket I bet

it sure is but then a few ruin it for all, dropping fridges and leaving them run all night etc, residents can't be blamed really. Co.Co. are in my opinion at fault, plus Verona and the boys do a savage job altogether in the defence of the driver !!!!

Oh ya I totally agree. But the council's and RSA should come to some solitions around the N and R roads. Sleeping on hard shoulders isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Did the second one go after?

• Advertisement

New Volvo 540. This lad used to do some real good vids before his ego and attention craving got in the way

Advertisement