Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Families may be declaring themselves "homeless" to game system

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

padd b1975 wrote: »
    We're all faced with housing problems if we abandon personal responsibility!
    Even when we dont

And then we have Independents threatening to force a General Election (In 12 months time) over the housing crisis. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/election-looms-if-major-progress-is-not-made-on-housing-warns-mcgrath-36450795.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Councillor Jimmy Guerin was on Liveline before Christmas. He said exactly the same thing. But was cut off sharpish by Saint Joe before the statement could be debated or teased out. No one seems to want to say it out loud, and when they do...... Fair dues to Conor Skehan for having the cojones to say it in public media, and Cllr. Guerin also

Time for debate now whatever side you are on. Surely it is necessary now? The Simon Community appears to have many millions in "reserves" whatever that is, and numerous CEOs around the country. What are they and Focus and McVerry doing with all the charitable donations and Government grants? I suppose they are really trying to help but it just seems like a circular thing.

Anyway, if anyone knows of any study showing the actual REASONS people are in temporary accommodation (which I agree is not homeless like those on the streets), would they post a link.

I'm thinking

massive overcrowding
    evictions where HAP is not working for the prospective tenant
    Domestic violence where a family has to leave for their own safety

Anyway the days of a young one getting preggers and getting a house are gone. Whether we like it or not that MAY have something to do with the reduction in teenage pregnancies. Whatever the reason behind the reduction is, it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

I believe that the government has offloaded their social housing into private rentals like HAP and other schemes. This worked up to a point a few years ago but now the demand from non social housed tenants is too high. No landlord wants to rent to social tenants because they will be far more likely to thrash the place and not pay a cent. They only have themselves to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Shinners on Dublin City Council are not happy, they want Mr Skehan removed

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/minister-urged-to-remove-conor-skehan-from-housing-agency-role-1.3349004

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I wonder would they be happy enough if he was suspended for 3 months on full pay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

DCC is a farce.

Advertisement