Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clueless

Options
  • 28-12-2017 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I'm totally clueless when it comes to this sort of thing.

Basically signed up with Stellar a number of years ago. Just got back into my account for the first time since 2014 and realise I've a few thousand lumens.

How do I go about selling these? I can't seem to get my head around the different wallets and exchanges and most info I can find online seems to be about bitcoin or other more well known currencies.

Regards

Boom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

you need to transfer the lumens to an exchange that you can then exchange to something like Bitcoin/ Litecoin.

then sell those and withdraw your money.

I'm in the same position. I opened an account with Binance to convert from lumen (XLM) to Bitcoin (BTC). Then transfer to something like coinbase and sell. then withdraw money to your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You're going to have to do it in steps. Send your Stellar to an exchange. Convert Stellar to Bitcoin. Send Bitcoin to Another exchange that exchanges Bitcoin for cash. Sell the Bitcoin for cash and cash out.

1. Sign up for an exchange, e.g. Bittrex

2. Whilst on the exchange, go to wallets, in there you should see a list of cryptocurrencies. Choose Stellar and choose to "deposit" Stellar. It should give you a long address

3. Go to your Stellar wallet on your harddrive or wherever it is, choose to send Stellar to that address. Send a few of them to the Bittrex address to see how it works

4. When you are comfortable, send the whole amount

5. When the Stellar has arrived on the Bittrex wallet, then go to the exchange section, click on Stellar/BTC and type in your amount of Stellar and sell it for the "ask" price (or can set your own price)

6. Once it sells you should now have Bitcoin sitting in your Bitcoin Bittrex wallet

7. Send this Bitcoin to an exchange like Coinbase (sign up, may take awhile) by following the same steps (sending it from Bittrex to the Coinbase wallet)

8. When the Bitcoin arrives on Coinbase, you can sell it for EUR and send the EUR to your bank account

Do everything slowly and carefully, if in doubt, watch a youtube video about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Boom2018

Thanks very much for the replies folks. I'll wait until I have a bit of time to sit down at the laptop and have another look.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

You can just create an account on Kraken, send stellar/xlm there and convert to BTC and then euro and deposit it to your bank via sepa.

Will be a lot easier and quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bmc58

Is there anyone who would send me 1lumen to re activate my account lumen.Stellar changed their wallet setup and I need 1 lumen to re activate my account.My account says 0.0000 in my account at the moment.I have no other idea as to how get 1 lumen.I could pay €5 through Pay pal for your trouble.Anyone lend a hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bmc58 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who would send me 1lumen to re activate my account lumen.Stellar changed their wallet setup and I need 1 lumen to re activate my account.My account says 0.0000 in my account at the moment.I have no other idea as to how get 1 lumen.I could pay €5 through Pay pal for your trouble.Anyone lend a hand?

Elon? Is that you?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Elon? Is that you?

Don't think Elon is on Boards.No,just a small fish in a big pond of sharks and no idea where to go.Locked out of my Stellar Account (in which I have some) and need 1 to send to my account to re activate it.No idea of how to buy Stellar in the Crypto jungle and then send it to my Stellar account.Was only looking for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

If I had one, I would. <3

Thank's anyway.

I know there were many Facebook users who got a bunch of these "Stellar Lumens" a few years ago.I was one of them too.So I just hoped some were on Boards and they must be in the same situation as I am in now.I just need 1 Lumen sent to me to re activate my account.Nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

bmc58 wrote: »
    I know there were many Facebook users who got a bunch of these "Stellar Lumens" a few years ago.I was one of them too.So I just hoped some were on Boards and they must be in the same situation as I am in now.I just need 1 Lumen sent to me to re activate my account.Nothing else.

Ok what's your XLM address?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement