Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

emo72 wrote: »
    I only realised the name tayto is from potayto. Mind blown
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

What's happened to Walker's Roast Chicken crisps then? They were my favourites and were a must when I was in Tesco's (the only place around here you could get them). But I've not seen them now for months. Have they been discontinued, or did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

King is the superior crisp. Even if they are nearly identical.

jacob2 wrote:
    walkers is the best

shamrock55 wrote:
    Tayto are awfull crisps

All you guys are going on the naughty list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

blueser wrote: »
    What's happened to Walker's Roast Chicken crisps then? They were my favourites and were a must when I was in Tesco's (the only place around here you could get them). But I've not seen them now for months. Have they been discontinued, or did I miss something?

I think you were the only one buying them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Autochange wrote: »
    I think you were the only one buying them
    Must be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Tayto and King are made on the same production line using the same potatoes. Slightly different flavourings are used at the end. King uses a different type of artificial onion flavouring.

That's a bit of a shock to me
    I was always sure that with a fresh bag of tayto and a fresh bag of king, that the crisps themselves look different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Patww79 wrote: »
    Tayto make O'Donnell's.

Which Tayto?

Not the Irish one.

https://www.largofoods.ie/page/brands.html

Edit: never mind. You're right. Took a packet out to check and they're made by large foods. I.e. tayto.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I like salt and vinegar hula hoops, they seem harder to find outside of multipacks lately though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

blueser wrote: »
    Well there was the whole Brexit thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Tayto for the culchies, and King for the Dubs. So yeah King is far better.

Used to work for them and the orders for the supermarkets and merchandisers seemed to mimic that. King sold far better in the capital. Stands to reason we've far more culture and sophistication. Leave the Tayto to the boggers ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

stesaurus wrote: »
    Tayto for the culchies, and King for the Dubs. So yeah King is far better.

Used to work for them and the orders for the supermarkets and merchandisers seemed to mimic that. King sold far better in the capital. Stands to reason we've far more culture and sophistication. Leave the Tayto to the boggers ðŸ˜
    Salt in the Tayto, country folk happy!

Heroin in the King, Jackeen knackbags happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

stesaurus wrote: »
    Tayto for the culchies......˜

Oh, go jump in the lake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Vita nova wrote: »
    Oh, go jump in the lake...

Looks like he was already fishing there and you took the bait! Good job!

Advertisement