Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan.

Options
  • 22-12-2017 4:10pm

Ok. I'm kinda curious about this since I've noticed recently that generally, the more fashionable/attractive women in my town are all somewhat orange tinted. :D

Now, I get the whole tanned skin being more attractive. A light brown coloring does look more healthy than the usual white pasty skin, but I've noticed that there are quite a few women who are positively orange. Not brown, but orange.

Do the lads on here find the orange tan look attractive? and also what motivates women to go that far in tanning? Is it really such a popular or fashionable thing to do? (I'm not seeing it as being common in my town, but I haven't spent much time in the cities here recently)

Like they're all quite pretty women in themselves, but the orange skin is just bizarre. (These are all Irish women btw. Not commenting on any foreigners in Ireland doing the same)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,203 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

1717696.main_image.jpg?strip=all

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

It is the most hideous stuff imaginable and women look silly with it .... It's analogous to teeth blackening back in the old days and is just daft.

P.s. don't get me started on high definition eyebrows .... Ladies where do you dream this stuff up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

You've only noticed this just now? Where were you for the last 15 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Why is it always orange? You'd think the combined might of the cosmetics industry would be able to achieve the production of brown ointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Be the same type of woman that loves a snapchat filter and duckface i.e not very bright(except in their skin tone).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

When I starts coming off it can make girls look a bit trashy.

And I love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Not much of a fan of fake anything to be honest except some deodorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Some of them are so bad that it looks like all the participants have seared their skin with sj1t.

They've literally blasted themselves with sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I love the ones with the real defined line between their face and the start of the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've always heard it looks good if done right and that you wouldn't even notice she's got tan on... which kinda defeats the purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fake tan. For people who feel left out by how obvious toupées are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have a feeling they put it on in a black room and look in the mirror and believe they need more.

I always said they look like a the burnt orange fiat punto from 2002 by jaysus they look hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've always heard it looks good if done right and that you wouldn't even notice she's got tan on... which kinda defeats the purpose.

The point is to look tanned but not obviously fake tanned, which is what it'll look like if done well, hows that defeat the purpose??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

wakka12 wrote: »
    The point is to look tanned but not obviously fake tanned, which is what it'll look like if done well, hows that defeat the purpose??

I don't even look tanned with it on... just less dead/albino.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i can get over the colour, but not the smell...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

willy-wonkajpg-e81f0429afa583d6.jpg

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Not much of a fan of fake anything to be honest except some deodorant.

Fake deodorant? Like knock offs in Dealz?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Fake deodorant? Like knock offs in Dealz?

Yes exactly like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually find the whole fake tanning thing has slowed down a little especially does doing it badly. I also find those who have an awful tan are generally best to be avoided!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Well there wasn't fake tan thread here for at least a month. That being said the obvious fake tan look is anything but fashionable and very dated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm getting a lot of fake tan ads on my browser now...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm getting insurance for young drivers.... So nice to be linked as young....

Shenshen wrote: »
    You've only noticed this just now? Where were you for the last 15 years?

Oz, and then China. Come back to Ireland about 6 months ago, and haven't been out much.

I knew it was done ages ago but thought it was strange that it was still popular.

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I've noticed recently that generally, the more fashionable/attractive women in my town are all somewhat orange tinted. :D

Well it's obviously to make them appear more attractive and it must work because you actually called them "the more ...attractive women in my town". It seems you see the ones not covered in the orange tint as a little less attractive.

Job done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Oz, and then China. Come back to Ireland about 6 months ago, and haven't been out much.

I knew it was done ages ago but thought it was strange that it was still popular.

well f3ck off back
    dont be coming back slaggin off our moonpigs, we've had to put up with it for years while you're off gallivantin.

Well it's obviously to make them appear more attractive and it must work because you actually called them "the more ...attractive women in my town". It seems you see the ones not covered in the orange tint as a little less attractive.

Job done!

LOL. Fair point. Although I'd imagine they'd be more attractive with a lesser degree of the tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JiminyRickets

Like most makeup its all about hiding imperfections. Darker the skin = the less you can see.

Or in reality, the more orange it is, the more you have to hide.

Whenever I see someone with loads of makeup on, it only makes me wonder what theyre like underneath (suspicious). In otherwords, it achieves the opposite of the desired effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I like a good shade of mahogany my self.

rustins do great fake tan ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Isn't it funny. Too dark a shade of fake tan and you're racist. I seem to recall a programme where a popular contestant was swiftly booted off due to the fake tan being a bit too dark.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I think it looks awful same with the drawn on eyebrows. Irish/UK girls seem to be the only ones in Europe that use it. But our lasses seem to like it. It's a huge turn off for me. Usually someone comes on this thread and tells us that girls I'm attracted to are probably wearing tan but they do it with subtlety. They're not, any gf I've had hasn't worn it.

Advertisement