Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Ten weeks and counting to offers coming out :) keeping up the spirits on a positive note :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Thanks for creating this I’ll join you too, hopefully we will be in with a shot for the next intake ! To say this is a long process !!! Is an understatement ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Yeah looks like I'll join in here too. File still waiting to be signed off, from Sep 16 and everything done since August. Would have loved to get the January intake but sure ah well.

I just rang them there and Does anyone actually know what they mean when they say they're still waiting on a replie from management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I wonder how many septembers are left :O im just inside top 200 June 17 would like to think id be in the august intake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

I'm Sept 2016 OOM late 800's

SinWin wrote: »
    I'm Sept 2016 OOM late 800's

I'm the same and highish 700's. Just wondering has your vetting come back??

file still not signed off, maybe never will be , I think they mix intakes, seen guy got Jan from 2017... they deffo mixing

I'm the same and highish 700's. Just wondering has your vetting come back??

All clear, waiting to be signed off

file still not signed off, maybe never will be , I think they mix intakes, seen guy got Jan from 2017... they deffo mixing

Surely they would tell you if they weren't going to sign you off? January 2017? That's crazy I wonder why they would do it that way? It couldn't be that disorganised that they'd mix intakes like that. Hopefully we'll hear something after Christmas that way we'll stand a good chance to get April.

• Advertisement

Surely they would tell you if they weren't going to sign you off? January 2017? That's crazy I wonder why they would do it that way? It couldn't be that disorganised that they'd mix intakes like that. Hopefully we'll hear something after Christmas that way we'll stand a good chance to get April.

Doubt it they will tell.... they are very mysterious when you talk to them

Doubt it they will tell.... they are very mysterious when you talk to them

Damn I'd like to think they'd give you some indication as to whether you're gonna get your vetting done or not. Yeah they may aswell be speaking in riddles.

My vetting is all clear its just waiting to be signed off since September.

My vetting is all clear its just waiting to be signed off since September.

Oh okay I see. I think I'm the same but I can't get a straight answer they said they're still waiting on a reply from management or something along those lines.

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    Thanks for creating this I’ll join you too, hopefully we will be in with a shot for the next intake ! To say this is a long process !!! Is an understatement ha

We shall wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Pop myself down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Megzer1992

Also popping myself down here

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AF2017

Rang yesterday morning all my vetting is cleared with three weeks and I’m all signed off and didn’t receive an offer I am from the sept 2016 campaign .. looks like I’ll be waiting till April.

AF2017 wrote: »
    Rang yesterday morning all my vetting is cleared with three weeks and I’m all signed off and didn’t receive an offer I am from the sept 2016 campaign .. looks like I’ll be waiting till April.

What's your OMM?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AF2017

What's your OMM?

Late 800s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 PabloEstevez

Mid 500s from Sept 2016. Everything completed since July. Vetting still outstanding. So frustrating when people with a worse oom get in ahead of you 🙈

AF2017 wrote: »
    Late 800s

I'm the same, we don't stand a chance to get in this intake unfortunately

From Sept 2016 low 600's everything done just waiting on vetting to be cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

May get comfortable here myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sash1

im mid 800's Sept 16, in gona join this group 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 damo2002

I passed Fitness in September oom of early 800s have been a Garda reserve for the past four years met sergeant in early November but yet to meet super / inspect has anyone else had this situation

damo2002 wrote: »
    I passed Fitness in September oom of early 800s have been a Garda reserve for the past four years met sergeant in early November but yet to meet super / inspect has anyone else had this situation

Im sure it would be no harm to ring and ask. I rang a few months ago asking about a meeting with the super and was contacted within a week by the stations secretary.

sash1 wrote: »
    im mid 800's Sept 16, in gona join this group 2!

Same oom as yourself.
    Hoping and praying for next intake now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 damo2002

Im sure it would be no harm to ring and ask. I rang a few months ago asking about a meeting with the super and was contacted within a week by the stations secretary.

Cheers for That hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!!

• Advertisement

damo2002 wrote: »
    Cheers for That hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!!

No worries. Hopefully not,such a long process!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ada89

Mid 500s from Sept 2016. Everything completed since July. Vetting still outstanding. So frustrating when people with a worse oom get in ahead of you 🙈

I’m the same. Everything done since August
    OOM of 507. Sat like an eejit since August patiently waiting
    Finally grew a set and rang HRM based on the advice of the other thread
    Only to be told they haven’t received my vetting
    They were surprised I met super in July and it still wasn’t back.
    So they were going to chase it up now ASAP
    So in a nutshell I sat for 4 months nervously waiting on word. Then when I ring (17th December) I find out that bombshell and now people who are ranked less in the OOM are in
    Felt actually so bad seeing everyone getting their offers. But what can you do? Just hope now they get this vetting in ASAP I’m starting to panic in case there’s something in my file ( I had minor motoring offence 5 years ago speeding ) has anyone else anything they are worrying about. Maybe that’s the delay in vetting

Ada89 wrote: »
    I’m the same. Everything done since August
    OOM of 507. Sat like an eejit since August patiently waiting
    Finally grew a set and rang HRM based on the advice of the other thread
    Only to be told they haven’t received my vetting
    They were surprised I met super in July and it still wasn’t back.
    So they were going to chase it up now ASAP
    So in a nutshell I sat for 4 months nervously waiting on word. Then when I ring (17th December) I find out that bombshell and now people who are ranked less in the OOM are in
    Felt actually so bad seeing everyone getting their offers. But what can you do? Just hope now they get this vetting in ASAP I’m starting to panic in case there’s something in my file ( I had minor motoring offence 5 years ago speeding ) has anyone else anything they are worrying about. Maybe that’s the delay in vetting

I wouldn't worry too much about a speeding offence. I had the same offence from a few years ago and the super dismissed it and said it's nothing to worry about during my meeting with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

September 2016 too praying for April intake it really is a long process but hopefully it will be worth it.

YEAH I have 3 penalties - speeding and vetting all done just to be signed off now! Don't worry about it!!!! are all the offers for Feb out even second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Anyone from Sept 16 with oom below 100 still waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Anyone no about how many candidates would be left from sept 16 or older compatitons are waiting to go to templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

vardy98 wrote: »
    Anyone no about how many candidates would be left from sept 16 or older compatitons are waiting to go to templemore.

I'm one of them so there's one to your count lol

September here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

That is a very good question alright, it’s hard to tell really. You would assume the majority of us now is September 2016, I am September 2016 too

Im out guys,I got an offer yesterday!
    Keep the faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

I'm September 16 as well oom 600's

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Has anyone heard of anyone that got refused? Got my name taken a few times like 13-14 years ago for acting the eejit but the super didn't seem to keen. I'm from sept 16 and everything cleared except vetting. Forked out 3 grand for eye surgery too. Surely they couldn't string me along this long? Any ideas?

i am in the same boat as you, have everything done since last june and i am from sept 16 oom 600's . was involved in an investigation into an assault ten years ago and nothing came of it and had a few driving fines nothing else and i am still waiting on vetting. they keep telling me im in a long line to be signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Hi all,

I have my local interview in two weeks, just wondering what its like? is it just a meet and greet or is it proper interview style?

Any help would be much appreciated

For me the sergeant meeting was a breeze he just quickly goes over the petty reasons my name was taken years ago. Things I couldn't even remember but it's in and out and even a they crack a few jokes. It gave me a false sense of security for the meeting with the super which was very intense but I guess that's only if you have stuff to worry about and if you do be prepared for the questions but be totally honest at the same time

In the 600s too mate. I'll be freaked if I didn't because it was old friends doing the messing. One or 2 incidents were a bit serious but that was over a decade ago and I havnt been a around those people for a decade. In the form we weren't asked if we had our name taken. I'm very pissed off it's even in my record. I'd love to know if I'm getting in. Don't know what to be saying to people. I will certainly appeal if I didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nep35

Just reading up on the last few posts , am I the only one that seems to be left from the Jan 16 competition?? Rang up before Christmas told my file is with the commissioner the last few weeks.

Nep35 wrote: »
    Just reading up on the last few posts , am I the only one that seems to be left from the Jan 16 competition?? Rang up before Christmas told my file is with the commissioner the last few weeks.

I'd ring commissioner and ask what is delay!

I'd ring commissioner and ask what is delay!

I rang up today and was told my vetting back and they just need to look it over and send to the commissioners for decision. Don't no does this mean it's signed off or still waiting or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Clono wrote: »
    I rang up today and was told my vetting back and they just need to look it over and send to the commissioners for decision. Don't no does this mean it's signed off or still waiting or what.

I would suggest that your just waiting senior management to sign off on your file (check and make sure any question marks are answered and all boxes ticked). Sounds like the vetters and crime and security have done ask their work. Your lucky at least your that far along, some of us are still waiting vetting to finish thanks to the long winded thing it can become.

• Advertisement
Advertisement