Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Ten weeks and counting to offers coming out :) keeping up the spirits on a positive note :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Thanks for creating this I’ll join you too, hopefully we will be in with a shot for the next intake ! To say this is a long process !!! Is an understatement ha

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Yeah looks like I'll join in here too. File still waiting to be signed off, from Sep 16 and everything done since August. Would have loved to get the January intake but sure ah well.

I just rang them there and Does anyone actually know what they mean when they say they're still waiting on a replie from management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I wonder how many septembers are left :O im just inside top 200 June 17 would like to think id be in the august intake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

I'm Sept 2016 OOM late 800's

SinWin wrote: »
    I'm Sept 2016 OOM late 800's

I'm the same and highish 700's. Just wondering has your vetting come back??

file still not signed off, maybe never will be , I think they mix intakes, seen guy got Jan from 2017... they deffo mixing

I'm the same and highish 700's. Just wondering has your vetting come back??

All clear, waiting to be signed off

file still not signed off, maybe never will be , I think they mix intakes, seen guy got Jan from 2017... they deffo mixing

Surely they would tell you if they weren't going to sign you off? January 2017? That's crazy I wonder why they would do it that way? It couldn't be that disorganised that they'd mix intakes like that. Hopefully we'll hear something after Christmas that way we'll stand a good chance to get April.

• Advertisement

Surely they would tell you if they weren't going to sign you off? January 2017? That's crazy I wonder why they would do it that way? It couldn't be that disorganised that they'd mix intakes like that. Hopefully we'll hear something after Christmas that way we'll stand a good chance to get April.

Doubt it they will tell.... they are very mysterious when you talk to them

Doubt it they will tell.... they are very mysterious when you talk to them

Damn I'd like to think they'd give you some indication as to whether you're gonna get your vetting done or not. Yeah they may aswell be speaking in riddles.

My vetting is all clear its just waiting to be signed off since September.

My vetting is all clear its just waiting to be signed off since September.

Oh okay I see. I think I'm the same but I can't get a straight answer they said they're still waiting on a reply from management or something along those lines.

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    Thanks for creating this I’ll join you too, hopefully we will be in with a shot for the next intake ! To say this is a long process !!! Is an understatement ha

We shall wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Pop myself down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Megzer1992

Also popping myself down here

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AF2017

Rang yesterday morning all my vetting is cleared with three weeks and I’m all signed off and didn’t receive an offer I am from the sept 2016 campaign .. looks like I’ll be waiting till April.

AF2017 wrote: »
    Rang yesterday morning all my vetting is cleared with three weeks and I’m all signed off and didn’t receive an offer I am from the sept 2016 campaign .. looks like I’ll be waiting till April.

What's your OMM?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AF2017

What's your OMM?

Late 800s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 PabloEstevez

Mid 500s from Sept 2016. Everything completed since July. Vetting still outstanding. So frustrating when people with a worse oom get in ahead of you 🙈

AF2017 wrote: »
    Late 800s

I'm the same, we don't stand a chance to get in this intake unfortunately

From Sept 2016 low 600's everything done just waiting on vetting to be cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

May get comfortable here myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sash1

im mid 800's Sept 16, in gona join this group 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 damo2002

I passed Fitness in September oom of early 800s have been a Garda reserve for the past four years met sergeant in early November but yet to meet super / inspect has anyone else had this situation

damo2002 wrote: »
    I passed Fitness in September oom of early 800s have been a Garda reserve for the past four years met sergeant in early November but yet to meet super / inspect has anyone else had this situation

Im sure it would be no harm to ring and ask. I rang a few months ago asking about a meeting with the super and was contacted within a week by the stations secretary.

sash1 wrote: »
    im mid 800's Sept 16, in gona join this group 2!

Same oom as yourself.
    Hoping and praying for next intake now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 damo2002

Im sure it would be no harm to ring and ask. I rang a few months ago asking about a meeting with the super and was contacted within a week by the stations secretary.

Cheers for That hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!!

• Advertisement

damo2002 wrote: »
    Cheers for That hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!!

No worries. Hopefully not,such a long process!

Advertisement