Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salad Recipes for a fussy eater

Options
  • 19-12-2017 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

So yesterday I went out for the annual Xmas team lunch to a somewhat fancy place here in London, Toms Kitchen!

I had a tasty starter of crab cake with a cucumber & quinoa salad. It was delish, first salad I have ever enjoyed, very refreshing!It was cucumber, quinoa, coriander and I guess some kind of zest, I am not great with remembering flavours!

So here is where I am hoping someone can help me, I am looking for similar recipes as I believe this could be the answer to my fussy eating and will give me something healthy to enjoy alongside some chicken/beef etc.

If it helps I am not big on leafy salads, I like spicy food so I am thinking eastern style salads and when it comes to dressings I cannot stand salad dressing or anything vinegary, would prefer something with spice/chilli in it!!

So does anyone care to share some recipes with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That cucumber and quinoa sounds like a salsa... which is basically chopped veg with lime juice and seasoning. 

Chopped cucumber, onion, coriander, mint and a chili. Mix in quinoa, and toss with lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Maybe a bit of minced garlic. 

Google a salsa and you will find loads. Swap in tomato, red or green peppers, cooked beetroot.
    It would work with beans as well if you had them instead of the quinoa. Chickpeas, blackeyed, kidney etc. I always have some tins of those around the house for quick meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

pwurple wrote: »
    That cucumber and quinoa sounds like a salsa... which is basically chopped veg with lime juice and seasoning. 

Chopped cucumber, onion, coriander, mint and a chili. Mix in quinoa, and toss with lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Maybe a bit of minced garlic. 

Google a salsa and you will find loads. Swap in tomato, red or green peppers, cooked beetroot.
    It would work with beans as well if you had them instead of the quinoa. Chickpeas, blackeyed, kidney etc. I always have some tins of those around the house for quick meals.

Yes, you're right! I guess I can always chop up some leaves and throw them in too for added benefit!

Thank you!

Advertisement