Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lidl Bungalow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Inside the house too.

Inside the garage of a completely different type of house

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not Glenmalure. It's near Laragh on the Sally Gap road very near Glenmacnass waterfall.

Knew it was up around there somewhere but had Glenmalure stuck in my head.I did work on the land in front of that house though along with many other remote areas of Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

That ad infuriates me. Can you imagine how cold, damp, smelly and rotten that house would be?

..and that was before Grandad got sent to jail for murdering Grandma....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

So. Is the old fella Benjy from the Riordans?

There’s a €20 bet on this!
    It sure is! Tom Hickey.

(I thought he was dead :eek:)

Used to live near enough to me, passed his house on the way to school.

You owe me a pint out of that €20 :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CGI?? Bog standard 70s/80s built bungalow. I'd say they were tripping over them when they were looking for a location.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gandys-cottage-bungalow-bliss-architectural-pattern-books-1832166-Jan2015/
    Good old Bungalow Blitz.

The coast of Connemara is covered with them. As in you can't get a good landscape view without one of them sticking out like a sore thumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Aah i though they were selling flat pack bungalows to solve homelessness.

Bog standard 70s bungalow. Havent seen the ad but im guessing the chi improved it immensely

http://www.thejournal.ie/gandys-cottage-bungalow-bliss-architectural-pattern-books-1832166-Jan2015/
    Good old Bungalow Blitz.

The coast of Connemara is covered with them. As in you can't get a good landscape view without one of them sticking out like a sore thumb.

They are part of the landscape, like it or not, just like quaint picture-postcard stone cottages are part of the landscape. You just don't want a landscape view with anything vaguely modern in it. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it good or bad.

I dare say, blissful bungalows will be admired by people in a hundred years... or two hundred years...

Aah i though they were selling flat pack bungalows to solve homelessness.

Bog standard 70s bungalow. Havent seen the ad but im guessing the chi improved it immensely

Lets just say that it's the kinda place that a box of matches and a gallon of petrol would have improved immensely....

One generator not only fires up the heating, but also wallpapers the rooms, installs mood lighting, changes the whole colour scheme, and provides a party atmosphere.

Magic, it is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Memory must be going on him. They did the same thing last year.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Memory must be going on him. They did the same thing last year.
    Tom Hickey?

As it happens, from wiki....
    In 2013, Hickey was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.[8] During an interview on The Marian Finucane Show on 11 April 2015, he spoke of his determination to continue acting despite the onset of this condition.[9]

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    One generator not only fires up the heating, but also wallpapers the rooms, installs mood lighting, changes the whole colour scheme, and provides a party atmosphere.

Magic, it is :rolleyes:

Not magic,it's the middle aisle in Lidl.:D

Advertisement