Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike vs Adidas vs Puma vs Reebok

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The 3 stripe Adidas logo is always a negative for me especially on their joggers. Not so bad on their trainers if the colour combination doesn't make it stand out too much. Personally my foot seems to fit into NIKE trainers better than Adidas trainers for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

vicwatson wrote: »
    Adidas and Puma, two brothers disliking each other, just like Aldi and Lidl

That's Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud, you're thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

vicwatson wrote: »
    Adidas and Puma, two brothers disliking each other, just like Aldi and Lidl

It was actually just Aldi that was split up into Aldi Sud (which is what we have) and Aldi Nord.

Edit: what he said ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

What about Umbro? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Ah Umbro, the 90s classic football thug... Happy days.

I can see em now... Umbro cap with that yellow chelsea jersey with the autoglass sponcer.

Did adidas take them over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Ellesse seemed like a brand that was all but gone but has come back again. Loads of it in JD Sports store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Asics every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Doc Martens :P

For soccer jerseys, it's hard to beat Adidas for looks, with Umbro coming a close second. Hate Nike and New Balance jerseys - they don't belong on a soccer pitch :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Reebok were founded in Britain. Bolton to be precise.

Think Adidas bought them out in the noughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sergio Tachinni for the win.

Must worn item to court apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’m at an age now where brand name doesn’t come into it anymore. 10-15 years ago and it wouldn’t be anything other than Adidas or Nike but now it’s what looks and feels good.

Adidas do make the more aesthetically pleasing stuff, particularly the Adidas Original range.

My current go to trainers are Lonsdale and Adidas. Owned a lot of Puma football gear over the years and I don’t think I’ve ever owned anything Reebok in my entire life, it never appealed to me.

Lonsdale? Were they all out of Gola and Patrick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I have a pair of Reeboks. They're uncomfortable as fuck and feel too tight but they've lasted me for a couple of years and are still in reasonable condition. They'd be great if they didn't feel so tight. No other runners I've bought have lasted so long without the sole wearing away to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hibernia Gardens

Puma is my favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

KangaROOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Puma make Puma Suede. End of discussion.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Nike are the best quality brand of the 4. Yes they are very overpriced but when it comes to comfy runners they can't be beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Sportswear/casual dosn't seem to be much in Vogue at the moment thank fuq. Although during nights out over the Christmas I did feeI a bit underdressed as I didn't look like I was a member of the peaky blinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Is Nike still a big brand here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

Sportswear/casual dosn't seem to be much in Vogue at the moment thank fuq. Although during nights out over the Christmas I did feeI a bit underdressed as I didn't look like I was a member of the peaky blinders.

What? I think fashion has gone way more casual over last few years. It's kinda lame to dress too up nowadays. There was a time when me and the boys would wear shirts and blazers out, now it's just casual runners, t-shirts and jeans, like clothes we'd wearing to college.

As an example check out Tommy Hilfiger. A brand I'd have always associated with being for old posh dads and farmers, now it's aimed at the street style casual market.

I reckon this will be more noticeable in Ireland over next few years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been a Nike fan for a long time, runners and t-shirts, the odd jacket and for running gear.
    But I've recently been trying out some Adidas runners and tops, and I do like them.
    The Adidas Originals line have some lovely bits and pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Puma make Puma Suede. End of discussion.

Puma Suedes are the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Any of these brands not made in sweat shop conditions by children in the 3rd World?. Doubt it.
    All these brands are over priced tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Any of these brands not made in sweat shop conditions by children in the 3rd World?. Doubt it.

The problem is it's hard to find nice going to the gym gear thats not made is sweap shops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Puma Suedes are the business.

Saddo that I am, I currently own 5 pairs and have owned about 20+ pairs over the years.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Adidas for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Used to have a good bit of Le Coq Sportif gear back in the day. It was a quality brand. As was Fila

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You can't beat a good pair of Air Max. Nike and Adidas Originals and North Face are all quality gear, wouldn't be seen dead in anything Reebok or Puma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I don't think I've ever owned a pair of Adidas that didn't disintegrate within weeks of purchase. I'm guessing Nike's child labourers put in that extra bit of effort because they've always lasted longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Adidas, Nike gear seems to fall apart after a few washes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Branded sportware can be pretty knackery if im honest

Advertisement