Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What smartphone battery has long lifespan?

Options
  • 16-12-2017 6:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi all. I have an old samsung galaxy s4 mini. The battery has never really held charge even when it was new or after calibration.

I want to get a new one. I just need to use whatsapp and few other messaging apps. So it doesn't have to have a big screen

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

I have a OnePlus 5 and the battery is great. I can very easily get a full day with heavy use and it charges very fast.
    Nice and cheap too compared to other phones of the same spec

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

jcorr wrote: »
    Any recommendations?

Yes, get one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Redmi Note 3 Pro has a 4050mAh battery and even now around 2 years ons I still get a comfortable 2 days out of it before needing to charge it's still perfectly fast and cheap as chips. I believe the Redmi Note 4 has a similar battery size. Obviously being a Chinese phone check the bands work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Have used the Samsung A5 for personal and work.It has an excellent battery even when using multiple apps for work (maps,gps,custom apps)

Gave the phone to my other half after she broke her own phone,I'm down to a galaxy a3 white has a shte battery..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

A5 is fairly good alright. Then again I don't use that many apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Have a look at the Chinese android phones, they'll have the best battery. If I remember right, there was one called a Ulefone Power a few years back that had a ridiculous battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Take a look here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057810034

Superb phone, exceptional battery life, respected manufacturer & cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

jcorr wrote: »

Any recommendations?

Yeah.

Post query in android forum if you want serious and informed responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭First_October

Lenovo P2. Three days without a charge on normal use! Battery is 5100 mAh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Have a look at the Chinese android phones, they'll have the best battery. If I remember right, there was one called a Ulefone Power a few years back that had a ridiculous battery.
    this is a slight misconception. Most Chinese pphones are powered by the more power hungry Mediatek processor rather than the more efficient Snapdragon so in reality a Snapdragon phone with a 4000 battery is better than a mediatek of 6000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Moved from AH to the mobiles forum. Please note before you post that the new forum may have different rules.

Thanks,

Buford T. Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

best_phone_battery_life_2017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've been using the Razer phone since it came out, monster of a battery that charges in no time, previous phone was an iPhone 7 plus and this blows it out of the water.
    The 120hz refresh rate on the screen makes every other phone feel old and it doesn't kill the battery. It's the most underrated phone of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

biko wrote: »

I'm calling shenanigans on that pole the razer isn't even listed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

biko wrote: »

How the f**k could the Note 7 be near the top of the list for battery anything when the f**king thing used to explode because of the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Also strange how they don't list the redmis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭rn

JFYI. I have a Xiaomi mi max 2 for about a month now. It's a phablet with a 5300mAh battery. I get almost 6 days (yes, days) between charges. I use the phone for about 30-60 mins of calls per day and about 2-4 hours of online courses/videos per week. I use it regularly every day for work email and browsing the web. All over a 4G connection. Best I was getting on a smart phone, on same usage pattern before was ~30hours between charges (One plus 2), but most days I was charging every evening.

Excellent battery, excellent screen. Dual sim. Fantastic price.

The major drawback of this device is the physical size of the device - it's massive, so it takes getting used to. It's not a premium device, so if you have demanding app requirements then it's not for you.

Advertisement