Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jefferson's Very Small Batch Bourbon - €36.99 Aldi

• 14-12-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭

1200px-Jefferson%27s_Small_Batch_Bourbon.jpg

This American Bourbon is for sale in Aldi atm - anyone tried it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lovely bourbon, have bought it many times in the past when coming home from the US. €37 is a great price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I wonder what very small batch means!!
    How much smaller than small is it?
    I really hate these meaningless terms (and I'm ashamed to say that our gin is labelled as small batch but I got outnumbered).
    Tiny batch, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I wonder what very small batch means!!
    How much smaller than small is it?
    I really hate these meaningless terms (and I'm ashamed to say that our gin is labelled as small batch but I got outnumbered).
    Tiny batch, anyone?

Look it up - it's not difficult. According to celticwhiskeyshop.com
    This is a 'very small batch' bourbon which is made up of vattings of around 8-12 barrels. Therefore there will be some slight differences between each release. The bourbon components have a mashbill content containing corn, rye and malted barley. 

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Jeffersons-Small-Batch

Other distillers appear to use their own specific definition for what constitutes a small batch ...

gozunda wrote: »

Other distillers appear to use their own specific definition for what constitutes a small batch ...

That's my point.
    "small" in isolation means nothing so adding another undefined adjective seems pointless. Is that difficult to understand?

From what you posted above, each "very small batch" could be around 5000 bottles. Small is relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That's my point.
    "small" in isolation means nothing so adding another undefined adjective seems pointless. Is that difficult to understand?

From what you posted above, each "very small batch" could be around 5000 bottles. Small is relative.

Well no - you don't have to buy it you know lol. It is defined in relation to their own production afaik. If you check out the website - it goes into detail on the issue. Checking it up is not difficult...

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Well no - you don't have to buy it you know lol. It is defined in relation to their own production afaik. If you check out the website - it goes into detail on the issue. Checking it up is not difficult...

Thank you for your help.

Advertisement