Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Mixed Match Challenge (Facebook Watch) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zayn Lynch is like a made up name as a homage to David Lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Becky out first round.

1 match a week? and how are they being recorded I wonder.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Becky out first round.

Same with Nakamura

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Becky out first round.

It’s only a 20 minute show. Facebook live videos need to be short and snappy to keep the followers interested.

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s only a 20 minute show. Facebook live videos need to be short and snappy to keep the followers interested.

Wonder will they do them from a house show?

• Advertisement

Maybe it streams live after Smackdown? Though that would mean delaying 205 Live

I think first 3 matches will be won by Raw and the last 3 by Smackdown.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wonder will they do them from a house show?

Meant to be recorded live after Smackdown and they’re moving 205 live.

Just see now on the facebook page
    Catch WWE Mixed Match Challenge this Tuesday LIVE at 10 ET/7 PT

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sky88 wrote: »
    Not sure how reliable since when has the mirror had coverage of wrestling but would be great news
    "air on WWE Network in UK"

I am happy it'll get a Network release, but WWE region-locking content?! I don't like the sound of that. Unless they have a TV deal in place, that's wildly cu**y thing to do; there's no licensing issue... The article says "10pm Eastern, 3am UK Jan 19" so maybe they're just trying to seem more UK-centric...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I am happy it'll get a Network release, but WWE region-locking content?! I don't like the sound of that. Unless they have a TV deal in place, that's wildly cu**y thing to do; there's no licensing issue... The article says "10pm Eastern, 3am UK Jan 19" so maybe they're just trying to seem more UK-centric...

i think its more to do with facebook watch not being available here yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This pretty much confirms Bliss/Strowman are winning...a list of the charities being represented.

Mixed Match Challenge Charities/Teams

Americares helps save lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster.
    Represented by: Elias & Bayley

Boys & Girls Clubs of America provides the resources needed to enable all young people, especially those who need them most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
    Represented by: Jimmy Uso & Naomi

Connor’s Cure raises awareness and funds for pediatric cancer research, in partnership with The V Foundation and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
    Represented by: Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss

Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation initiative, inspires and connects girls globally through its leadership program that positions girls to be changemakers in their communities.
    Represented by: Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair

Global Citizen encourages the collective actions of people around the world with the goal of ending extreme poverty by 2030.
    Represented by: Rusev & Lana

Hire Heroes USA empowers U.S. military members, veterans and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce.
    Represented by: Alicia Fox & Goldust

KaBOOM! is dedicated to making sure all kids get the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play.
    Represented by: Big E & Carmella

Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
    Represented by: Shinsuke Nakamura & Natalya

Rescue Dogs Rock is an animal rescue organization whose goal is to provide homeless, neglected or abused dogs the medical care they need and the loving home they deserve.
    Represented by: The Miz & Asuka

UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first and works toward the day when no children suffer from preventable causes. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States.
    Represented by: Sami Zayn & Becky Lynch

Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to empower people with intellectual disabilities.
    Represented by: Finn Bálor & Sasha Banks

Susan G. Komen’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
    Represented by: Apollo Crews & Nia Jax

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At least it's not Susan G. Komen.

So tired of Bliss' dominance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,893 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

first match took place last night with Finn Balor/Sasha Banks vs Shinsuke/Natalya

cant find it on facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Balor and Nak were good, made me desperately want to see them 1 on 1. The other two were awful as usual. You're missing nothing.

Who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Winners.

Finn & Sasha

Havent had a chance to watch yet how was beth on commentary?

Enjoyed this week's. Was fun to watch. Probably the most personality we've seen from Braun and different than the monster character.

Let me guess Braun and Bliss won

Asuka's reaction to Miz speaking Japanese is great...

https://streamable.com/su40p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Havent had a chance to watch yet how was beth on commentary?
    I've watched all three and you can see she is getting more comfortable.

Also I see "god greatest creation" Mandy rose is big goldies partner in the MMC. That's a good call and could be a thing after the thing is over. I've seen a few videos and unlike most things in WWE it doesn't appear scripted to within an inch of its life.

Whats great is all the wrestlers seem to be enjoying themselves so much during all of this

Was another enjoyable episode this week with Jimmy and Goldust's interactions. Plus the post match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really like this tourney, the matches are booked like house show matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Congratulations to Lana for picking up her first ever televised win :P

AND on Rusev Day of all days!

Monday: Pins Sasha.

Tuesday: Pinned by Lana.

z5db9taxf7g01.gif

Happy Rusev Day, Bayley!

Yeah, I do not see how that was the best option for ending that match.

Yeah, I do not see how that was the best option for ending that match.

Even if Lana did a roll up using the ropes it would make slightly more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was impressed with mandy Rose in her match with Goldust. I know she's green compared to most of the women(bar lana) but she showed with a bit more experience and practice she could be very good in the ring.

• Advertisement

So it was confirmed this week that Asuka's streak counts in a tag match even if she doesn't take the pin. So I guess that means they will be winning the tournament

Advertisement