Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of Irish unification.

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I know a couple doing it, my own brother does it. They are mainly in construction.
    It's very common. I worked for IBM for a few years and had several colleagues who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

blanch152 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people who have purchased those one-off houses in Cavan from the people who built them.

Are you saying that one off houses in the middle of nowhere are being built for people who are not from the locality?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I know a couple doing it, my own brother does it. They are mainly in construction.

Surely if you are in construction, your jobs move around a bit? For example, someone from Cavan could end up on a building project just as likely in North Dublin as out in West Dublin?

I have a cousin who works in Dublin who bought a 2nd hand bungalow on the edge of a town in the midlands with a rail connection to Dublin for 85K (spending another 50K upgrading it). The reason he is doing that is because he couldn't afford to buy a house in Dublin.

Now would you prefer if he was looking for social housing and living in a hotel room paid for by the State?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Back on topic, please.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Advertisement
Advertisement