Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Options

Comments

Movement etc in COD is very smooth, but i just can't enjoy the fast pace of COD on a large scale. I think PUBG is far more balanced for the battle royale genre.

Struggling with the rubbish they've dropped with this new update though. New title screen is clunky and buggy. Creating squads is a mission as there are constant ready up issues. New map has significant load in errors, especially on original or One S. New map riddled with glitches, most times i'm in a vehicle i end up flying or under the map, and this issue even seemed to appear on Miranmar where I ended up disappearing under the map.

Hopefully they sort quickly as new map plays very well.

Get an external SSD, it will solve the bulk of your issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Movement etc in COD is very smooth, but i just can't enjoy the fast pace of COD on a large scale. I think PUBG is far more balanced for the battle royale genre.

Struggling with the rubbish they've dropped with this new update though. New title screen is clunky and buggy. Creating squads is a mission as there are constant ready up issues. New map has significant load in errors, especially on original or One S. New map riddled with glitches, most times i'm in a vehicle i end up flying or under the map, and this issue even seemed to appear on Miranmar where I ended up disappearing under the map.

Hopefully they sort quickly as new map plays very well.

Said I'd give this another go since this thread opened up again. Being playing COD Blackout since release and before I got a nervous breakdown from playing PUBG:(

Anyway my impressions from last playing PUBG a good few months ago and playing on a One X are

• Frame rate is a LOT smoother even on 4k settings, GOOD
    • Map load-in is crazy, buildings etc are only loading in when IM on the ground. Dropped into the winter map and got stuck in wall of building, BAD
    • The picking up and looting mechanic is still terrible compared to Blackout (maybe IM used to that now) BAD
    • Gun Play, its still a lottery (a rigged one against me) whether I win a 1v1, BAD
    • I'm a bad old man player, if I get 2-3 kills in a game that's good, with PUBG its very tactical and I could go to almost the final circle and only have one kill and good loot,. I then come up on a 1v1 and its like I'm a goat looking at lightning in PUBG spraying bullets all over the place and 99-100 the other dude just head shots me. This is ok but with Blackout it doesnt seem as frustrating and yeah ok you are back in another game in a couple of minutes. PUBG is just rage inducing mania for me. BAD
    • All in all Blackout does it for me a lot more polished, not without its flaws but it sure as hell doesn't have as many as PUBG.....

Its a shame because I want to love PUBG

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Said I'd give this another go since this thread opened up again. Being playing COD Blackout since release and before I got a nervous breakdown from playing PUBG:(

Anyway my impressions from last playing PUBG a good few months ago and playing on a One X are

• Frame rate is a LOT smoother even on 4k settings, GOOD
    • Map load-in is crazy, buildings etc are only loading in when IM on the ground. Dropped into the winter map and got stuck in wall of building, BAD
    • The picking up and looting mechanic is still terrible compared to Blackout (maybe IM used to that now) BAD
    • Gun Play, its still a lottery (a rigged one against me) whether I win a 1v1, BAD
    • I'm a bad old man player, if I get 2-3 kills in a game that's good, with PUBG its very tactical and I could go to almost the final circle and only have one kill and good loot,. I then come up on a 1v1 and its like I'm a goat looking at lightning in PUBG spraying bullets all over the place and 99-100 the other dude just head shots me. This is ok but with Blackout it doesnt seem as frustrating and yeah ok you are back in another game in a couple of minutes. PUBG is just rage inducing mania for me. BAD
    • All in all Blackout does it for me a lot more polished, not without its flaws but it sure as hell doesn't have as many as PUBG.....

Its a shame because I want to love PUBG

I've similar issues with the gunplay in pubg, sometimes it goes my way, other times it doesn't. I've been trying to force myself out of my comfort zone a bit more, and taking on the long range fights. I think I'm getting better, had a top ten finish last night with 6 kills which is respectable enough imo. The main problem is the uncertainty around whether or not you're actually improving , or its just that one time the game went in your favour.
    It has to be said, the game works a lot better in duos or squads, as at least you have some extra eyes keeping a lookout, and you also have the opportunity to set up ambushes and flanks.
    New map is very enjoyable, its deceptively small - there have been a few occasions where I dropped (what i thought was) miles away from others, and next thing you know theres someone after coming to your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Its funny, I can play Blackout in 1st person and I've no problem with it but if I try to play PUBG in 1st person it frustrates me and I am terrible. I tried PUBG again last night too, while the new maps were good, and I enjoyed the 12 teams custom games, I find Blackout to work a lot better. I've had no issues such as crashing or anything like that and buildings and other stuff render in as you are flying down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Whats the story with the custom games?

Tried joining a few times, it filled up but nothing happened. Just 100, 99, 100, 97, 100 players in a spreadsheet...
    Does the host have to do something?

Gave up went off to be killed solo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Tried joining a few times, it filled up but nothing happened. Just 100, 99, 100, 97, 100 players in a spreadsheet...

I wasnt sure myself, it got to 100 players and I waited for a bit then it switched to the page where you select solo or squad, was about to back out but it started up.
    It was really a lot of fun, our whole squad was alive until the end, convoy of bikes then trucks going through the map lol
    We got taken out eventually but during the whole game, we had each others backs so that if one of us went down, the others would provide suppressing fire while we got the downed member healed.

Custom games rely on the creator of the game to start it when the lobby is full. Sometimes they just walk away from their Xbox and forget they have a match to start.

I've done a few custom matches where one of the guys in my party is the creator. One advantage of this, is that if they die, they can tell the rest of the team where everyone on the map is :D

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Map load-in is crazy, buildings etc are only loading in when IM on the ground. Dropped into the winter map and got stuck in wall of building, BAD
    You really need an external SSD to play PUBG, IMO. The load in is limited by the speed of the hard drive, so even the One X wouldn't be as fast as an SSD. Blackout has a much simpler map. It just seems to have a lot less to load in.
    The picking up and looting mechanic is still terrible compared to Blackout (maybe IM used to that now) BAD
    You're the first person I've ever seen say that looting in Blackout is better. I absolutely hate looting on Blackout, whereas on PUBG i can identify items on the ground much more easily, and set guns up how I like them much faster.
    Gun Play, its still a lottery (a rigged one against me) whether I win a 1v1, BAD
    It is a lottery, in the sense that a lucky headshot will end it quickly. A good player is still going to take out a poor player most of the time.
    I'm a bad old man player, if I get 2-3 kills in a game that's good, with PUBG its very tactical and I could go to almost the final circle and only have one kill and good loot,. I then come up on a 1v1 and its like I'm a goat looking at lightning in PUBG spraying bullets all over the place and 99-100 the other dude just head shots me. This is ok but with Blackout it doesnt seem as frustrating and yeah ok you are back in another game in a couple of minutes. PUBG is just rage inducing mania for me. BAD
    Don't avoid fights. Go to busy areas and look for them. When you're confident in one-on-one fights, you'll be much more prepared for the final circle.
    All in all Blackout does it for me a lot more polished, not without its flaws but it sure as hell doesn't have as many as PUBG.....
    Blackout is smoother, but it just doesn't get the adrenaline going like PUBG. I play with a bunch of guys, and they will all play PUBG if they want to do battle royale, and COD for Team Deathmatch. Only one or two bother with Blackout.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Couldn't agree more, looting in blackout is garbage and perks etc are not necessary. I think PUBG has the right dynamic of simplicity and the vehicle play is far better.

Also, absolute run towards gunfire if you want to improve, I hid from fights initially and maintained a K/D close to 1/1 before one of the resets. Started playing more aggressive and had it up at about 3/1 in solos and this season i'm sitting on 6/1 and win a much higher percentage of 1 v 1's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does it still runs like ass on xbox one x lads? Did they made some sort of performance mode at this point?

That was always my biggest issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Does it still runs like ass on xbox one x lads? Did they made some sort of performance mode at this point?

yeah they have a resolution mode and a performance mode, tbh the resolution mode which is 4k is very smooth also from the few games I played last night

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I wouldn't say it runs beautifully, but its come a long way.

I wasnt sure myself, it got to 100 players and I waited for a bit then it switched to the page where you select solo or squad, was about to back out but it started up.
    It was really a lot of fun, our whole squad was alive until the end, convoy of bikes then trucks going through the map lol
    We got taken out eventually but during the whole game, we had each others backs so that if one of us went down, the others would provide suppressing fire while we got the downed member healed.

So can all 10 talk to each other?
    Must be chaos!

So can all 10 talk to each other?
    Must be chaos!

I normally play in a party of 6-8 players, and we invite the other couple of randoms in to the party. It is a bit crazy, though. You can have loads of people trying to talk over each other while you're trying to listen for footsteps in your building.

10 man squads also often results in massive close battles between loads of players, where your frame rate drops to a crawl, and you your gun doesn't even make the sound of gunfire any more.

I did enjoy it for a while, but got sick of it pretty quick. It is great for doing bridge blocks on Erangel, though.

Okay, gave it a go again and it still feels off.

Any idea why do I have 39k of that currency? Or is it worthless now?

Okay, gave it a go again and it still feels off.

Any idea why do I have 39k of that currency? Or is it worthless now?

You can get 39 crates full of the same fcuking top!

You can get 39 crates full of the same fcuking top!

So they did the good old free to play tactic, where in game currency is just crap and anything good is only bought with real cash. Lovely.

So they did the good old free to play tactic, where in game currency is just crap and anything good is only bought with real cash. Lovely.

don't worry, you cant get anything good for real money either!

Basil3 wrote: »

10 man squads also often results in massive close battles between loads of players, where your frame rate drops to a crawl, and you your gun doesn't even make the sound of gunfire any more.

The 10 man squads are nuts when in urban areas, absolute chaos! Great craic
    Didnt notice any frame drop tho.

Dropped into Castle on Vikendi in solos, 3 kills in 20 seconds, all through walls as they hadnt loaded in for me.

• Advertisement

The games a complete mess again now.

We had a squad game the last day where upon approaching Los Leones in separate vehicles with 20 odd to go we all fell through the map at different times.
    Two of us came back and the third guy died outright on the fall.

Multiple occasions I've been in vehicles that just start to fly through the air and the lobby is a job in itself getting four people to ready up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

The games a complete mess again now.

We had a squad game the last day where upon approaching Los Leones in separate vehicles with 20 odd to go we all fell through the map at different times.
    Two of us came back and the third guy died outright on the fall.

Multiple occasions I've been in vehicles that just start to fly through the air and the lobby is a job in itself getting four people to ready up now.

Its garbage. I agree with all.of the above.
    The sound is also gone brutal. Watched one of my squad last night in a battle with fella directly in front of him. Gets hit with kar98 and sounds like its behind him so he has to leave cover but is actually shot from the front.

They have absolutely made a joke of the game. The menu is so dire its hard to believe.

With everyone on twitch or mixer at the moment its quite cool to check out your gamertag on pubg.report if you're still playing.

Played a few rounds of this last night after a long break, and was pleasantly surprised with it.
    Whilst still miles off the PC, it certainly felt better than it had in ages, no glitching, got 2-3 kills on average in the few games we played, and seemed to have much less hassle landing shots on target at long range compared to before, even managed to knock a guy who was passenger on a bike from a fair old distance with the mini.

I don't play as much anymore. Definitely notice it's down to a lot of hardcore people on it now, playing as squads all with cute matching gamer tags. I still know a bunch of guys who play most weekends, so usually catch a few games with them.

Looking forward to the update scheduled this month where they will update loot on Erangel etc.

I don't play as much anymore. Definitely notice it's down to a lot of hardcore people on it now, playing as squads all with cute matching gamer tags. I still know a bunch of guys who play most weekends, so usually catch a few games with them.

Looking forward to the update scheduled this month where they will update loot on Erangel etc.

yeah, only jumped into the subreddit this morning myself, theyre bringing a map selection as well, we got mirimar 3 times in a row last night (which I dont mind, I enjoy mirimar), followed by sanhok twice. I dunno why they dont have a fixed rotation. There also seems to be a big update to the data size of the map which should help out folks who are on the OG xbox with no SSD.

yeah, only jumped into the subreddit this morning myself, theyre bringing a map selection as well, we got mirimar 3 times in a row last night (which I dont mind, I enjoy mirimar), followed by sanhok twice. I dunno why they dont have a fixed rotation. There also seems to be a big update to the data size of the map which should help out folks who are on the OG xbox with no SSD.

I've had an SSD for ages, which is good for not getting stuck in buildings, but I still get shot through walls at the start of the game in a lot of places if I'm not careful. This kind of stuff should have been their first priority.

I've had an SSD for ages, which is good for not getting stuck in buildings, but I still get shot through walls at the start of the game in a lot of places if I'm not careful. This kind of stuff should have been their first priority.

yeah, had an ssd since the start, its pretty essential for this really.
    have you seen that pubg lite, thats available in asia for low powered computers and laptops? I don't know why they aren't trying to port that to the consoles instead of pushing on with what we have. I know I could buy a pc, but I dont really need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It is mad to think they released it as a finished product

Should have been uproar in the gaming community

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Policy Review

It is mad to think they released it as a finished product

Should have been uproar in the gaming community

Ah Yeti im still flat out on it most nights, better than bf4 anyday!

Xbox: MrPaddyEnglish1

Advertisement