Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harlequins v Ulster match thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Piutau made a big that.

Lovely reak from Stockdale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

And I made a balls of that post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

11-5 now

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

14-5.

Ulster definitely the better team here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Ulster full value for the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Losing Robshaw and Care really helped us.

Haven't looked like losing at all though. thoroughly unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Synckler just doesn't know how to play the game legally. He's lived offside in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I could watch that nutmeg over and over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

That's a terrific victory. Won the fight upfront and the kicking battle between the back three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I could watch that nutmeg over and over again

Sarries v clermont is off. Few hours to kill watching it on a loop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,867 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Fairly easy. I'd expect ulster to win the ERC and league from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Les Kiss demonstrating guile and tactical smarts. An extension beckons.

• Administrators Posts: 54,098 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Surprisingly straightforward. A solid performance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »

Who's hacked awecs account? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Who are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Couldn't argue with that assessment tbf. Very solid and some good performances in atrocious conditions. Cooney was very calm, very impressed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ludik made a difference when he came on - I'd expect him to start next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Fairs fair...a very hard fought win. I'm happy with that.

Cooney and Henderson were top class, Timoney continues to impress and Stockdale showed his class again with his try and some very impressive kicks. A mention for O'Connor as well who gets down and dirty and made some big hits.

The man of the match decision was nonsense too. Henderson was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Ludik made a difference when he came on - I'd expect him to start next week.

Was thinking that myself. We all love Tommy, but if Cave isn't getting picked and Marshall is injured then Ludik needs to start.

The man of the match decision was nonsense too. Henderson was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field.
    Who was motm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Well that was simpler than expected. Cooney and Henderson were great today, and Timoney surprised me. Wasn't sold on him before, but he's fast and physical, and he looks like he could have a long career with us.

Yeah I would have gone with Hendy as well. Cooney was good obviously but on a day like that you have to pick a forward!

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Who was motm?

Cooney. He was good, he kicked his pens but Henderson was different gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Who was motm?

Nucifora

Who was motm?

Cooney.

He played really well, but Hendy was on another level. Made yards everytime, he stopped a certain try with a brilliant tackle on the Quins No.8 who took a quick tap 5 metres from our line.

It's unthinkable that Henderson will leave but I'll be a lot happier when he has put pen to paper! He can be our leader for the next 10 years. Maybe not as rich mind...

Cooney. He was good, he kicked his pens but Henderson was different gravy.
    Ah yeah, Henderson stood out. But Cooney really controlled things and didn't let it develop into a free for all which is often what happens with Ulster. Very controlled and assured. Surprisingly so. :)

It hardly matters anyway. That was our best performance of the season.

bilston wrote: »
    Best I've seen anyway. Defensively very solid and against some serious pressure at times.

• Advertisement

Best I've seen anyway. Defensively very solid and against some serious pressure at times.

It's between today and the Wasps game and this was away from home so you have to say today.

The only impressive league performances I can think of were the Cheetahs and particularly the Scarlets games, Connacht was ok, but the rest has been poor.

Serious question, who has been more impressive at No.8 for us? Timoney or Deysel? I'd say even when Deysel returns I'd go with Timoney. Maybe stick Deysel at 6 with Hendy in the row mind.

Timoney looks the business. Wish he’d pull his socks up mind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Watched the game. Conditions were tough but the game made for poor viewing inho.

It's between today and the Wasps game and this was away from home so you have to say today.

The only impressive league performances I can think of were the Cheetahs and particularly the Scarlets games, Connacht was ok, but the rest has been poor.

Serious question, who has been more impressive at No.8 for us? Timoney or Deysel? I'd say even when Deysel returns I'd go with Timoney. Maybe stick Deysel at 6 with Hendy in the row mind.
    Would be a decent pack with that setup, but who'd give way in the row for Hendy?

Timoney looks the business. Wish he’d pull his socks up mind.
    He's in good company :)

conor-murray-simon-zebo-threesome.jpg

Would be a decent pack with that setup, but who'd give way in the row for Hendy?

Well it would probably be AOC, but if it were me picking the team I'd possibly leave Treadwell out, I don't know. The second row is one area of the squad where we have a bit of depth, just wait for Matty Dalton to become an option in a year or two.

Advertisement