Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Copy of an RTE Programme

  • 09-12-2017 9:02pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭✭ Tipp Red


    I am looking for a copy of the RTE highlights of a national league hurling match from April 16, 2000 between Waterford and Tipperary. I have emailed RTE archives but got no response. Does anyone know how I could get a copy of this footage?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ LooseCannonUF


    Tipp Red wrote: »
    I am looking for a copy of the RTE highlights of a national league hurling match from April 16, 2000 between Waterford and Tipperary. I have emailed RTE archives but got no response. Does anyone know how I could get a copy of this footage?

    Ask TG4


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭✭ Tipp Red


    Ask TG4
    Thanks. Eventhough, its the English version I require, would TG4 still hold copies of RTE Sports highlights programmes?


  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ LooseCannonUF


    Tipp Red wrote: »
    Thanks. Eventhough, its the English version I require, would TG4 still hold copies of RTE Sports highlights programmes?

    Probably, yes.
    Eir Sport may have it either.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭✭ Tipp Red


    Probably, yes.
    Eir Sport may have it either.

    Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,536 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    very unusual match to be looking for

    did u play in it, related to a player or need it for a club function ???


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭✭ Tipp Red


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    very unusual match to be looking for

    did u play in it, related to a player or need it for a club function ???

    I didn't play in it. My parents were at the game and were shown in a close up. Along with that and some memorable commentary from a Tipp perspective! It would make a perfect Christmas present☺


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,536 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    Tipp Red wrote: »
    I didn't play in it. My parents were at the game and were shown in a close up. Along with that and some memorable commentary from a Tipp perspective! It would make a perfect Christmas present☺

    pretty cool present

    I imagine footage could be in an archive some where in RTE or TG4.

    Is there some sort of law in place forbidding nationally recorded programmes etc being destroyed ???

    best of luck with the search and hopefully you get it


Advertisement