Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

NTC wrote: »
    No snow in Oranmore, Co. Galway 😟
    And none down the road in Claregalway
    Edit: spoke too soon it is snowing but not sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,201 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Nothing but rain / sleet in bray. Disappointed to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Moderate snow and still falling here:

Westmeath
    western slope of Mullameen (top right hand corner of county)
    110m ASL

We still had a fair covering intact on the ground from Friday. Hard to tell if this is more than Friday's fall till it gets light.

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

barney 20v wrote: »
    Rathnure so directly across from you as the crow flies

Ah this is cruel. Snow in Carlow town and Rathnure and none here in Ballymurphy. It’s probably not too far away I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Nothing in Kilcullen, Kildare. Yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

24862482_10212112076091974_4371599487868255004_n.jpg?oh=ce544d7b663f6e6f2032b182f7a0acde&oe=5A8F558F

Borris-in-Ossory, western Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Knocknacarra, Galway, right on the coast! been snowing here for last 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭smileyme1984

And none down the road in Claregalway

There's a light coating on the cars here in the city and its lightly snowing the last while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭914

Has been raining in Waterford since 19:30 yesterday evening. Very heavy over night.

Rain has turned to sleet over the past half hour or so (06.00)

Should the rain we're having move north and turn to snow those area's will be in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

For Dublin I would expect oscillations in the rain-snow divide elevation, depends on how hard the precip is falling to some extent (to get the snow globules down low enough before they melt). The same will be true in Meath and northeast Kildare. South and west of a pseudo-warm front that will push in from the Irish Sea, all snow and heavy at times. Most likely orientation for that is north Kildare down western slopes or spine of higher ground in Wicklow then curving around to join up with the frontal zone now pushed fairly close to the south coast east of Waterford. In the southwest, it's a case of the second low drifting into the mess and failing to push back hard enough to move the fronts, which will slowly encircle that low with colder air, changing over the precip from rain to sleet then snow by early afternoon.

Would appreciate any ground reports from south central Galway, Athenry has had over 10 mm of liquid equivalent overnight, wondering if that is partly or all snow.

It has been a mixture of rain, sleet and moderate snow. There is a light covering on the ground but it looks very wet.
    Cars have a decent layer of few centimetres on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There's been snow in Portlaoise alright in the last few hours but it doesn't look too bad (literally just looked out the window).

I was meant to be going to Cork today though. What do ye reckon folks? Is this it or am I better off staying put for the day?

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Snowing near Carlow. Seems to have started recently. Doubt we'll get 8 inches mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

The gap in the charts last night seems to have been accurate. Not a flake in Kilcock this morning. Super disappointed so far. We’ll see what the rest of the day brings I guess but 15-20cm in Kildare looks a long way off for here

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Exactly 0.0* c, wind has dropped this past hour, snow falling gently again now on top of the 2cm already on the car so we may not have finished with it here yet ladies & gentlemen.
    S. Sligo 152 mtr asl.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭covey09

Snowing near Carlow. Seems to have started recently. Doubt we'll get 8 inches mind

Easy Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Coolbawn in N. Tipp (10 miles north of Nenagh, beside Lough Derg)

AWADJP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Just outside of Castlebar, snowed fairly heavy. A few cars just passed the house and they're crawling, road looks fairly snowy also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

1c and snowing steadily now in Thurles quite an accumulation despite all the preceding rain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

michaelm wrote: »
    Coolbawn in N. Tipp (10 miles north of Nenagh, beside Lough Derg)

AWADJP.jpg

Now THATS a pic! Hat tip Michael!

Meanwhile back at the ranch in south Laois, snowing away and getting a cm or so established. 0.4c/-0.5cDP.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

The irish sea onshore wind has killed a good event on the east coast. I still expect a dusting as it drifts south later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Loads of snow in Castlebar. I'd say a few cms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Danno wrote: »
    What part of Laois?

Ballylinan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

A very light dusting resting on the grass in galway city, nothing special, not an unusual sight for this hour. I can hear it lashing for the last hour too. It doesn't feel THAT cold either so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

fits wrote: »
    Ah this is cruel. Snow in Carlow town and Rathnure and none here in Ballymurphy. It’s probably not too far away I suppose.

Netweather showing snow all over the blackstairs mountain now so he must be due some soon

Still snowing here in west wexford at 125 asl

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Back to full on icy rain in Dublin 16. Temp has crept back up to 1.7c (DP 1.0c).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Anyone around the midland? Was due to drive to longford today at 9am from Dublin. Wet and miserable in Dublin but I know the midlands got the brunt of it. It’s more the driving back later that bothers me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So what do we think guys? Spin from Laois to Cork and back today.. Yay or nay? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the 12 th man

Still nothing in West Wicklow 😣

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

Nice bit of snow here in North roscommon and still snowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ascophyllum

A cm or so on the ground in West Mayo right beside the coast where we never get snow, the mountain areas, Mweelrea, Sheefrys, north Connemara must be getting an almighty pasting

Advertisement