Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Moderate to heavy snow here in kinnegad. Sticking to road as well as cars now!

I'm just the right side of the rain/snow line on this https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar/

As others have said click weather type- on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Moderate to heavy snow here in kinnegad. Sticking to road as well as cars now!

I'm just the right side of the rain/snow line on this https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar/

As others have said click weather type- on

Did it rain first or straight to snow? We're all rain here 30km east of you in Kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

4 degrees and 3.8mm rain Kilcullen, Kildare. See what looks like in AM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭pauldry

JCX BXC wrote: »
    That's not latest reports, that's the county by county forecast (which is imo completely useless).

Tonights a reason I and the rest of ye love the weather

What the fs going to happen

Its like watching Barcelona v Real Madrid

Or Maybe tomorrows prem league matches

But then again they maybe be cancelled coz of this

See !!Weather 1 Football 0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Snowing in kinnegad. Well I'm 90% sure it's snow. Can't tell if there is a slight bit of rain in it without going outside. Google tells me it will snow until 6am. Good enough for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Lashing rain in Galway nothing of note here so far

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

About a cm or so n west roscommon so far.. snow seems to b turning more powdery now

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

rain to sleet maynooth

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

giggsirish wrote: »

A few minutes up the Road in Newbridge , actually nearer to Athgarvan than Newbridge and Im

2.2c

0.03 dp

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Big fluffy flakes of snow now and its accumulating :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Just about in between the pink and blue on the map.
    It is really lashing down rain here. Hopefully it changes

Did it rain first or straight to snow? We're all rain here 30km east of you in Kilcock

Thought I heard rain but didn't check, think it did because window was wet. When I checked it was sleeting and after a while turned to snow.

Think Kinnegad is right on the line between rain and snow East/West. Hopefully you get some soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

I think the road gritter just past down the road here in N.E Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thought I heard rain but didn't check, think it did because window was wet. When I checked it was sleeting and after a while turned to snow.

Think Kinnegad is right on the line between rain and snow East/West. Hopefully you get some soon!

Yeah was for the bed but then got a bit of a land and shock so ended up awake again so might as well lamp post watch for another half an hour and calm down before bed.

So far.... Its raining!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Just took a screenshot of their mobile site and attached it. The customisation of info is done by selecting your county of interest?

If you look back on threads around the time the mobile site was introduced, you'll find most people widely praised it as a big improvement on what was there before (an unworkable mess).

It frequently defaults to Dublin even after you set it so it's not much use. Also for those of us with an interest in seeing nationwide conditions rather than just local, its fairly useless as you have to individually select each station one at a time. Definitely an improvement on what it used to be but times have moved on a lot in mobile usage and the current site isn't really fit for purpose

The main website is mostly fine, just needs a facelift, add an archive search feature similar to ogimet and I'd be happy with it

Anyway, going off topic. Rain has started in Kildare, off to bed and hoping I'll wake up to something but not too hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Nothing at all in Sligo so far, the frost is melting from the car too, if that means anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

JCX BXC wrote: »
    That's not latest reports, that's the county by county forecast (which is imo completely useless).
    No, it's the latest report... When dublin is selected for instance, it gives the result that Dublin Airport would give under "latest weather". I get that the latest weather bit is messy, but I stand by what I showed in the screenshot as most people will want the data from their nearest station.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Pouring in Tralee, 16mm so far for event and a balmy 8.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Beautiful snow just outside Tullamore- it was worthwhile staying up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

sryanbruen wrote: »

Thank goodness for the #sneachta hashtag - #snow is full of Americans!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BeerFarts

Coming down nicely in Loughrea now and settling well.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

0.03 dp[/quote]
    giggsirish wrote: »

A few minutes up the Road in Newbridge , actually nearer to Athgarvan than Newbridge and Im

2.2c

0.03 dp

I’m in Calverstown but usually go by Kilcullen as some peeps no clue where Calverstown is. Back to 3.2 degrees now. Weather station usually spot on within .1-.2 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I'm getting greedy,I want the big fluffy type flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dp has gone down to -3 in Castlebar, nice fluffy flakes falling now after being teased since after midnight.

Tried to take photo of outside but only windowsill showed up.

Has a few mms of snow already. For me it's proper snow (80's style) if it settles on windowsill, non of this depending on streamers/IOM shadow malarky :)

Still snowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Raining light to moderate in Ashbourne county Meath,temp 3.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

15 mins of epic snow in claregalway back now to sleet snow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Tried to take photo of outside but only windowsill showed up.

Has a few mms of snow already. For me it's proper snow (80's style) if settles on windowsill, non of this depending on streamers/IOM shadow malarky :)

Still snowing!

Turn your flash off and try again! Camera flashes are generally useless, especially on phones. Your phone will probably have decent low-light capabilities that will work much better than a flash unless it's pitch black. And the flash will just brighten up closer elements, meaning the dynamic range of the phone won't be able to pick up the low-light further away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Lashing rain in Galway nothing of note here so far

City I take it? Wasn't forecast anyway.

Advertisement