Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Jugs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

To a climber, big jugs are something else altogether!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

biko wrote: »
    Herself has one of those milk jugs for when people come visiting.

Me, I drink milk out of the carton (when she's not looking).

So the visitors all suckle on the milk jug :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

exaisle wrote: »
    It's not a 2 litre bottle....it's a plastic jug....

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

I'm talking about this https://i.pinimg.com/236x/16/78/0d/16780d89e0a12a00e430a007f11a838d--milk-jug-blue-and-white.jpg

You have guests, you know you're going to be sitting there with them a while, you fill your small jug from the 2 litre plastic container, and Bob's your uncle.

The big 2 litre thing stays nice and cool in the fridge, and you've just enough milk out for your guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I've loads of pretty milk jugs, an array of sugar bowls, colourful cake plates, gorgeous teapots and I always have lots of different fancily designed napkins.

I agree with Seamus. Not one for keeping things up for good use. Sure you could be dead tomorrow and then what a waste that would be.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I am terrible for keeping good things for visitors. I absolutely love when people come over and we take the posh stuff out. I love seeing it all laid out because its so pretty. I would absolutely hate it if it got damaged through every day use. I think people used to keep stuff up for good occasions that would never happen. But we have people over all the time and I absolutely love going all out with me jugs and accessories ;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I agree with Seamus. Not one for keeping things up for good use. Sure you could be dead tomorrow and then what a waste that would be.
    but

but

but a funeral is the perfect time to bring out the good delph and let people into the good room

Advertisement