Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever drank Ayahuasca ?

Options
  • 05-12-2017 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

I am considering drinking it in 2018 because I don't know why are we here and what is the point of existence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

U ok hun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

No 2 Dutch friends of mine have, in Amsterdam. Just make sure you find a reputable Shamen or whatever they're called. They said it was pretty intense, but worth it. You could try DMT first which is a synthetic, shorter lasting drug, with similar effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

A couple of people recommended it when I was heading to Peru, but the promised vomiting and diarrhea and potential death did not seem worth suffering the hallucinations for..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Ficheall wrote: »
    A couple of people recommended it when I was heading to Peru, but the promised vomiting and diarrhea and potential death did not seem worth suffering the hallucinations for..

I think barfing is part of the process but I doubt anyone's ever died on it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Very difficult to kill yourself on psychedelic drugs unless you're an idiot.

OP - would suggest less intense drugs to start off with, like LSD if that's an option.

* this is NOT me advising someone to take drugs: they're already considering.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I am definitely going to do it. One of the things on my list in this life.

I am fascinated by consciousness and altered states. I don't like man made drugs (have never done them) but i'm happy to ingest what nature has to offer. ;)

Many who have done DMT or Ayahausca have said that their lives changed dramatically as a result. It's all about challenging belief systems and integrating past traumas. So it can be scary and overwhelming but it's supposed to be incredible afterwards.

My friend did. Said he now knows what it's like to die and isn't afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

OP - would suggest less intense drugs to start off with, like LSD if that's an option.

In my hometown there were a few cases in a short period where people consumed parts of the Brugmansia plant and jumped out of the window because according to statements from others they all thought they could fly.

I've heard the same that was already mentioned: reputable shaman is important, follow the instructions you get beforehand, prepare for stuff coming out of all your openings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

No 2 Dutch friends of mine have, in Amsterdam. Just make sure you find a reputable Shamen or whatever they're called. They said it was pretty intense, but worth it. You could try DMT first which is a synthetic, shorter lasting drug, with similar effects.

Also if I'm right I think on Joe Rogan I heard that DMT is basically a quick hit to get it in to you (similar a bong if memory serves), while Ayahuasca involves an absolutely nauseating sounding process of 5 bajillion gallons of really dodgy looking 'tea'.

The descriptions of DMT trips though would definitely make you want to try mushrooms or acid first, absurdly trippy sounding shi*t like it feeling as if they had been 'under' for 1,000 years across multiple dimensions and universes that all all of experienced in unison at the same time (as in, all the realities simultaneously) when it turns out that 1,000 years is more like 8-12 minutes. You'd at least probably be best served to do it around friends or experienced people in it, because I'd imagine you would probably need quite a bit of help stabilising yourself for a minute or two after snapping out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Billy86 wrote: »
    Also if I'm right I think on Joe Rogan I heard that DMT is basically a quick hit to get it in to you (similar a bong if memory serves), while Ayahuasca involves an absolutely nauseating sounding process of 5 bajillion gallons of really dodgy looking 'tea'.

Go the DMT route, its safer. Anything could be in the "tea". End of the day its the exact same DMT making you high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I've never tried it myself - the puking + shítting just don't appeal all that much.
    DMT is what your after - the answer to all the universes questions and all done and dusted inside an hour.

Fúck that rolling around in a pool of your own puke, talking to plants and whatnot. Some things are the way they are as a result of millennia old ancient wisdom, other things are the way they are because in the depths of the amazon jungle it can be hard to find someone with a decent chemistry degree!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Phat Dick wrote: »
    I am considering drinking it in 2018 because I don't know why are we here and what is the point of existence

The conspiracy author David Icke "woke up" after taking it.
    If that means owt to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Though isn't DMT supposed to be one of the hardest substances to source in it's completed form (as opposed to buying materials and doing a DIY job)? A room mate and I looked into it one night out of interest, but wound up down a wikipedia rabbit hole and probably ended up looking up how many full teams Michel Platini scored more goals than from 1984-86 in Serie A or something as equally relevant and life-definingly important.

Again I think I heard Joe Rogan saying something similar while in a rant about how crazy that is because the human body apparently creates tiny traces of it itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wurly wrote: »
    I don't like man made drugs (have never done them) but i'm happy to ingest what nature has to offer. ;)

I've never really understood that point of view. Just cos nature offers it doesn't make it safe, or just cos it's man made doesn't make it dangerous.

Which would you rather ingest, Arsenic or LSD!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

LirW wrote: »

In my hometown there were a few cases in a short period where people consumed parts of the Brugmansia plant and jumped out of the window because according to statements from others they all thought they could fly.

I've heard the same that was already mentioned: reputable shaman is important, follow the instructions you get beforehand, prepare for stuff coming out of all your openings.
    Populat urban myth this, but if true then it confirms my point: these people die because they were idiots.

As Bill Hicks said: if you think you can fly, why not take off from the ground?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The conspiracy author David Icke "woke up" after taking it.
    If that means owt to ya.

That shpuld be a warning to stay well clear :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

That shpuld be a warning to stay well clear :pac:

Interesting. That's exactly what you'd expect a Reptilian to be advising.

did in Bolivia in the jungle with a Shamen dude with a group of 4 friends.
    Quite insightful at the time and you feel "cleansed" the next day like you're starting anew.
    Didn't puke or cack although the other 3 did vom at some point.
    It tastes like what it looks like - muddy water.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Interesting. That's exactly what you'd expect a Reptilian to be advising.

I have always been open about my distrust of the lizard people here on Boards, I have nothing to hide

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057736575

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Closed for review.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement