Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Rotten Irish Eurovision Entry 2018?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Always felt that this country never probably recognised his achievements properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

They could have a bearded lady on it, I still wouldn't give a shíte.

Oh...wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Sid Vicious is turning in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Neames wrote: »

Sid was a talentless halfwit, he could be doing the Macarena in there and noone would care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

For the time the Sex Pistols were brilliant....Johnny Rotten went on to form PIL and some of their music is well worth listening to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

For the time the Sex Pistols were brilliant....Johnny Rotten went on to form PIL and some of their music is well worth listening to

If given the go ahead he plans on bringing the current PIL lineup on board for the Eurovision push.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Neames wrote: »
    Ah c'mon now, he was a talentless chump that managed to get lucky. A triumph of PR over substance and no different to the likes of Milli Vanilli. It would be a bit rich for him to turn in his grave at Johnny Rotten in the Eurovision!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Anything is possible,after all we are the country that sent an idiot under a table with his hand up the arse of a turkey puppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Sid Vicious - or as Freddie Mercury once called him, "Simon Ferocious"

John Lydon would be great in the Eurovision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

RayM wrote: »
    Sid Vicious - or as Freddie Mercury once called him, "Simon Ferocious"

John Lydon would be great in the Eurovision.

Here is a bit of trivia... Steve Vai played lead guitar on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Gos i hope not.
    He might actually win.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We had this conversation several years ago with Dustin: the gimmick might or might not work, but it won't work without a decent song.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

We have thousands of Eastern Europeans living here in Ireland, we need to get a bunch of them to form a band, come up with a catchy tune and we’ll have a chance. Sending the usual bunch of shíte irish nobody’s will result in 0 points as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

We have thousands of Eastern Europeans living here in Ireland, we need to get a bunch of them to form a band, come up with a catchy tune and we’ll have a chance. Sending the usual bunch of shíte irish nobody’s will result in 0 points as usual.

johnny-think.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anything is possible,after all we are the country that sent an idiot under a table with his hand up the arse of a turkey puppet.

Joe Dolan was never in the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Joe Dolan was never in the Eurovision.
    Now that WOULD be an origonal strategy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Fvck that.

Send those two fellas over to sing 'Rock and Roll Kids', again. Can't fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Better suggestion ( if Johnny Rotten aint picked )

Send no one
    Do not show on tv

Next year repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

It seems to me that the only criteria our entries must have is that they appeal to Louis Walsh. And he knows squat about music.

Now don't get me wrong, if I had a job where I could procure young wans who wanted something from me I'd be there like a rat up a drainpipe but we need to win this again, Sweden are nipping at our skirts!!!!

The Eurovision is the saddest thing of all time. The fact that Johnny Logan and Linda Martin are still dining out out on their woeful songs to this day is pathetic.

• Advertisement

The Eurovision is the saddest thing of all time. The fact that Johnny Logan and Linda Martin is are still dining out out on their her woeful songs to this day is pathetic.

Post fixed there, hope you don't me taking the liberty....!!!! :D:D:D

A johnny Logan fan eh? Each to their own.

A johnny Logan fan eh? Each to their own.

Yep you found me lol!!!!!!

We have our fan club meetings in a Mini now, since the demise of the phone box!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It's the Metro reporting, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Won't happen but I'd love to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

The Eurovision was our world cup once upon a time. Before the former Soviet Bloc countries stole it from us!

Edit - And there's the name of our winning song for Johnny to wail along to.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pithythefool

Jedward and dustin were the final nail in the coffin for irish entries. It'll take exactly 400 years to get past that.

It was dead long before that, remember Joseph McCaul?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A Johnny Rotten & Shane MacGowan duet if that doesn't win we should never enter again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

All the closet Eurovision fans are out ..... (of the closet ) .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Better suggestion ( if Johnny Rotten aint picked )

Send no one
    Do not show on tv

Next year repeat

Ah jaysus,what would Marty Whelan and Mairead Ronan do then ?

Advertisement