Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had to lose two of the six senses, which would you choose?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I *hear* if you loose your sight you can hear things before they happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I have a poor sense of smell, sometimes it's gone entirely, though I can still taste but it's like I have a permanent cold. Sometimes when I have a course of strong antibiotics that clears up the infection in my nose I can smell a bit better and therefore taste a bit better, I enjoy eating a lot more then. Even though I have a poor sense of taste and smell I am not remotely thin. I think I actually want to eat more just to try to taste something, to get some satisfaction, and I can taste sweet better than other flavours so I tend to go for sweet. So if I had to I'd choose to give up those two of the classic five senses, since I only half have them anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Does touch including ****?

if it does give me a guide dog and a hearing aid immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Which ones would you choose. Nose, smell you later. Not essential in the 21st century.Taste is the same. We don't hunt or gather anymore so eating a dangerous plant or noticing a foul smelling meat isn't really a danger anymore for people in the western world

What is the 6th sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Heavy Smoking is a good way to lessen your ability to taste and smell.

They're two of the things you notice coming back when you get off fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I have already lost my sense of smell. I can still taste sweet, bitter, salt, sour etc but I cannot taste flavours as they are linked to smell, basil or garlic for example. Not being able to smell is a pain and I really miss the taste of all my favourite foods but it doesn't put me off food at allI still eat as much as I did and I still "like" the same food I always did and avoid food I didn't like. I dont like bland food even though I can't get the individual flavours if something is full of herbs or spices I will enjoy it more even though I can't taste them. Its so hard to explain lol!

Its a bit dangerous though - I had an old cooker a few years ago and my toddler kept turning the gas on and I'd be walking around the house oblivious or I've often burnt all the water out of the pot when steaming potatoes for example and by all accounts the house is stinking of smoke.

Anyway I've thought of this over the years and smell is deffo the one to lose out of all them. And if it came to a second I would go with taste too (sweet sour bitter salt). I wouldn't be loving it but I would find it a lot harder not feeling touch or hearing or seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement