Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 14 Matchday Thread

1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

48pts. Two 11s, two 6s and the rest a mix of 1s and 2s. A crazy GW. The average is quite high - 47 so will probably see some red arrows. Might chance aguero on Sunday....it's been too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

44 and down to 21k. Poor couple of GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    33 (-4).

Morata (C) fail. Wrong transfer again.

Sané & Dilva benched. Salah saving the day but everyone owns him so probably doesn't make a big diff...

Carnage tonight.
    4,143,966 GW rank. Down 240k to 706k. Going from bad to worse.:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

4 red arrows in a row, from 3k to 12k.

The margins are so small though that that's only a 15 point difference, so not too concerning. Still, a couple of green arrows would be very nice to arrest the run..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

56 all out for the second GW in a row. Certainly HEWT given my captain choice.

Just outside the top 300k after a bad couple of weeks sent me down to around the half-million mark.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

PVA wrote: »
    Watching the Chelsea game it really is incredible that Morata finished on 1 point

Did he miss some easy chances?.....people seem to reckon he will be dropped for wkd.

Both Morata and Alonso had some great chances, must have been 10+ shots between them. Unfortunately a lot were either straight at the keeper or missed the target. On another day they could have had a bunch of goals/assists between them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

55 (-4). I’ll take that and run after the carnage last night!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Hi all. I could easily just start handing out cards like an obsessed referee in the Merseyside derby. However, it was an awful gameweek for rotation, one of the worst on record in terms of big names getting rested. So I am just going to post through this and not dole out cards.

There is very little wrong with HM's post. He scored 47. In my money league, 47 would be a pretty bad score. I'm surrounded by Salah captainers, Ramsey captainers, casuals who have Brady in simply because he is Irish, people who got lucky with Hart, someone who hast made a transfer in 6 GWs but has Rooney as C. I scored 52 and this is below average in many of my leagues and I have lost ground on a lot of players that should not get 25-30 points up on me in ANY week.

Had HM come in and said he had 85 and was unhappy, it might be a different story. But 47 can be a relatively poor score depending on which leagues you are in.

The reaction from some posters was not in line with the atmosphere we like to maintain here.

HM, while your initial post was not bad, your follow ups to these posts were. You were goading people who didn't agree with you. Use the report function and do not get abusive.

To the others, if you feel there is an issue where someone is rubbing in a great score, then please report it. Some of the reactions were ok but some were abusive.

Again, it was an awful gameweek for rotation and emotions were high so I am being very lenient here. Consider it a general warning to refrain from this type of interaction - use the report function and let the mods do their job.

Let's just hope that we wont have rotation again at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Happy enough with that mod warning :)

Agreed, although worth pointing out the post was made before Salah and Sterling scored. 47 was well above average at that point...

Hoping we won't have rotation at the weekend is a big ask with Conte and Pep trying to out do each other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The only good thing about the rotation last night is that at least the likes of Hazard, Salah, D.Silva, Sane and Azpi should be safe for the next while.

Sane missed out due to injury though, and he's on 4 yellow cards...

I'm holding on to him but expecting him to miss at least 2 games over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

PVA wrote: »
    Sane missed out due to injury though, and he's on 4 yellow cards...

I'm holding on to him but expecting him to miss at least 2 games over Christmas.

Sane was ill last night, not injured.

He had a rest (obviously) and could be rested in the CL next week. If he is I'd imagine he will play pretty much all the other games pre-christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

43!! grrrr

It was a rollercoaster of FPL emotions last night

Anger that Salah and Sané weren't starting.
    Relief that I changed my captain from Salah to Morata just before the deadline.
    Anger returned that I didn't captain Salah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

32 and a drop from 91k to 211k, hewt obv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

39 with -8 hit. Yet another disaster for me, captained Hazard who didnt start, had Sane too and Van Dyjk :rolleyes:

I've got my captain right about once since game week 2 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

51 no hits and small green arrows - have moved from 129K to 114K over the last 3 GW's so HEWT after a long time of yo-yoing around between 300K and 500K.

Bizarrely, Salah coming on and scoring 2 goals affected my rank :) At one stage, my predicted rank was ~65K (that was with Ward CS, and Moreno 2nd sub coming in with 7 points).

Anyway a strange night of FPL but no damage done...about 30 points ahead in my main money league now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

39(-4) a big dissapointment, although with 15 mins to go I would have gladly taken it. Still actually very happy with my team and confident going forward that my from 7 of Hazard, Silva, Salah, Gross, Ramsey, Kane and Morata will come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

42 (-8) sees me drop 240k places from 424k to 668k
    Captain Hazard, Morata and the Bournemouth boys of Wilson and Daniels the biggest disappointments. Sterling and Salah saved me. Don't know when was the last time I got my captain right.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

61 points

Up from 10.6k to 6k. Ramsey and Vardy coming good as my big differentials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dropped from 21k OR to 60k with 42 (-8).

On the plus side all my mini league rivals did just as poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Up from 10.6k to 6k. Ramsey and Vardy coming good as my big differentials.

Fair play...

Had 2 transfer decisions to make recently.

Jones to Otemendi or Monreal.
    Dilva or sterling to Pogba

Got both drastically wrong

It's a killer when coin flips have such drastic consequences

Advertisement