Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times sub deals

Options
  • 27-11-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

https://www.irishtimes.com/digital-subscriptions/sale

Reduced to €8 per month for 6 months. I know many will get the articles free and are happy with that. But if you want to support journalism, this is a nice deal. It comes with a digital edition of the newspaper - I find it great on a big tablet. I think €8 a month is a very good value for what you're getting. Might be a nice present for Christmas.
    Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

huh. if you are already a subscriber, you can't avail of this offer.

it's well worth the €16 a month, let alone €8 (which is what I've been on since Jan)

lets hope there's another 12months halfprice offer in jan 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

When they make it free i'll consider signing up.

I will gladly pay for content from Irish times - even more so having used this app for the last 12 months. And the epaper is really good on bigger tablet screens.

the quality is very high, the range is broad and I can generally trust that the news they report is researched, validated and true. Other sources of news, not so much.

And there are very few ads. Anytime I come across "free news" content online, there are ads, clickbait articles for more "news" which directs to more ads.

Free is never free - there is always a cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Does this include the Sunday Times?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

ablelocks wrote: »

it's well worth the €16 a month, let alone €8 (which is what I've been on since Jan)

I am currently on that offer too. I was already a subscriber and couldn't sign up to the 12 month half-price at the time. When I emailed them, they moved me over to half-price without a problem. I've emailed this time to see if they'll extend my half-price for another 6 months. I'll let you know how that goes. If they say no, my CC is about to expire anyway, so I can just set up a new account.

It doesn't. It includes the Irish Times Weekend Edition (Saturday paper). The Sunday Times is a different company, I think.

Must we do this every time there's a thread on the IT? As I said in the description, if you don't want to pay, don't. If nothing else, the ePaper is worth the price of admission.

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »

mmm this is the only thing annoying me - sign up now for 6 months @8 euro to be disappointed in Jan when they offer 12 months @8 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Great deal. I pay full whack and consider it great value. First thing I do every morning is read the paper on my iPad. Compared to the cost of the physical item, this is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

The Epaper is fantastic, you have to see it to appreciate it. I nearly prefer using the Epaper than the actual paper itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Reduced to €8 per month for 6 months. I know many will get the articles free and are happy with that. But if you want to support journalism, this is a nice deal. It comes with a digital edition of the newspaper - I find it great on a big tablet. I think €8 a month is a very good value for what you're getting. Might be a nice present for Christmas.

I'll chance mailing them a day late and as a current customer! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Far be it from me to tell someone what to do with theiir own money, but I feel that it's worth pointing out that there are only a few ways journalism is funded... 1. through advertising, where clickbait is king, and articles are written to generate traffic, not necessarily report news, and 2. out of subscribers pockets, where news can actually be news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

I wish people would fe*k off and stop posting bargains like this. They end up costing me money.

Just signed up to the IT for 6 months.

Happy Christmas Murt.

Thanks O/P :)

Now all I have to do is remember to cancel in 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

here's my bargain alert:
    Incognito window in Chrome gets around the paywall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Sunday Times = The Times Ireland Edition, not the Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A good bargain but above link is now reverting back to the standard packages minus an introductory special.

Just wondering however would this digital edition work on the Amazon kindle fire?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    A good bargain but above link is now reverting back to the standard packages minus an introductory special.

Just wondering however would this digital edition work on the Amazon kindle fire?

it should work fine. if the irish times epaper app isn't on the amazon app store (don't think it is) should be fine to sideload it (get app from another source and install) or else install google playstore on the tablet and install directly. first method easier but second one also only takes a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Damn. Looks like this has expired ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Any sign of a similar offer this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Anyone spot a similar offer lately? Had a look about but can't see one

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Anyone spot a similar offer lately? Had a look about but can't see one

The current offer is 12 months free access to the NYT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I can't really figure out the subscription options. I presume the premium includes the Irish Times weekend edition?

https://www.irishtimes.com/subscribe/ie?gclid=CjwKCAjwqLblBRBYEiwAV3pCJprqMzaALVjBhNRwmtLfvofdv2rqEx3qWqE7BH9lPxQVCoi5GzqZ2xoClf8QAvD_BwE

• Advertisement

can't find the more recent thread, but a reminder to anyone who got the half price annual sub last year that you'll need to cancel (by email or phone i think) or it will auto renew

i'm assuming there'll be another similar offer ahead of or around black friday

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Just cancelled hopefully get a sweet deal for black Friday:-)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Yeah set a reminder to cancel next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Cancelled and got a swift confirmation. No offer, yet. A link to a survey where you could talk about cost etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

You can read any Irish times article for free by following these steps:

Go onto the website

Click into a subscriber only article and hit the pay wall

Turn off your data/WiFi or hit airplane mode and press back once

Go back into the article and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Or just download an app called instapaper and then share the article to the instapaper app. It works on android anyway.

Post edited by irishgeo on

or pay the half price sub to get quality journalism in a quality epaper app.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've used that twice in a row now and will be using it again when my current sub expires. Doesn't include the ePaper though.

Advertisement