Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Pizza

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,367 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Patww79 wrote: »
    The thread title was favourite pizza in Ireland was it?

No?

Well you made a right balls of that didn't you.

Touchy aren't we?

Do you understand the concept of humour?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

I like any type of pizza once it's without pineapple and is spicy. If I can add some chilli to it myself, all the better. The nicest pizza I've had lately was in The Dough Bros in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Don't like the chain delivery places domino's etc, they can taste nice initially but the heavy dough sits in my gut making me feel ropey and the quality of the toppings is usually poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Brick Oven in Bantry did cracking pizzas the last time I visited. Not sure if still the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've actually made a move to just plain cheese pizzas. An independent Italian place near me does a 3 cheese with one of them being gorgonzola. It's well yum. Otherwise it's pepperoni but that can be a bit too oily...

In Australia Dominos and Pizza Hut have had a race to the bottom of the barrel. Pizzas are just one size around the 10 or 11" mark and for simple ones like pepperoni cost $5aud. The problem is the ingredients are ****e and because they've all gone down this road literally every chain tastes the same. I actually WISH I could have a Dominos from Ireland or the UK right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I like most and make my own occasionally, far too occasionally. When I do it's a nice simple sauce, mozzarella, parma ham and basil.

Honourable mention to the Goodfellas Pepperoni Deep Pan, pure nostalgia there. Saturday Nights as a kid were spent watching MOTD with my father and 3 brothers. 3 pizza's were made, never enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

One with a caviar and lobster and the most expensive cheese with rocket washed down by expensive champagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

Gino's in Waterford or Cork.

A Gino's Special:
    - Pineapple
    + Chili peppers

Absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'll fight anyone to the death who says pineapple shouldn't be on a pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thin base, all the meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

One with a caviar and lobster and the most expensive cheese with rocket washed down by expensive champagne.
    Lobster stuffed with tacos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Lobster stuffed with tacos.

Let's do lunch.

Btw people, is there no love for the humble Dr. Oetker Ristorante pizza?

Did you know: Dr. Oetker used to practice medicine in Hamburg, Germany, but one day when he was bored, he decided to make a pizza that was so good that one of his patients who was offered some declared it the best pizza he had ever tasted. Said patient, then promptly died on the table with stringy cheese foaming out of his mouth, knowing that life could never get any better. So Dr. Oetker quit his job ( he wasn't a very good doctor anyway), and the rest is a pizza history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Fathead pizza with any toppings. Never liked any pizza before trying fathead pizza but now I'd eat fathead pizza regularly. In fact, I had it for dinner yesterday with ham and cheese for toppings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

There's a shop near my house that does lovely pizzas. They used to be a newsagents/deli. They have a weird setup now with them still selling stuff like washing powder and soap. It's half shop half takeaway. If I didn't live so close to it I would have never dreamed of going in there but they do some of the nicest pizza I've ever tasted.

I'm not into Dominos pizzas but they have this lovely cinnamon bread in the shape of a pizza that comes with a tub of dip that's like soft, melted cake icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Domino's New Yorker (no changes needed) or the Four Star Empire State

Hungry now!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Not a massive pizza fan but if it's the only thing I think may cure my hangover then a dominos with ham, mushroom and onion is the only solution for me.

As far as frozen pizza goes, would only ever eat the Dr Oetker ones.

Both chicken and pineapple absolutely do not belong on pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Really not sold on frozen pizza, but Aldi do a Margherita pizza which is actually quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

also anything from pizza 2000 n blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is not weird!

Mizzonis Hot and Spicy(Chilli beef, pepperoni & chilli flakes) with Pineapple, Onion, Sausage and Sweetcorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A do my own Job with Cheese. I'm not into like Pepperoni etc., and the fixed official 3-Flavours or whatever that ya get. So literally just on top of plain cheese, I like, - Ham, Chicken, Mushrooms, Pineapple, and Sweetcorn, with as thick a crust as possible. Sometimes at home I add Garden Peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

No cheese, pepperoni/sausage, onion, pepper and garlic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Pepperoni, peppers, onion, sweetcorn and chilli flakes.

Fcukin starving now after reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Aperitivo on Parliament Street fo great pizzas.

Paulie's pizza in Dublin 4 wins it for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

pineapple has no place on pizza you monsters!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I love pineapple on pizza. Do people also hate pineapple in a sweet and sour stir fry?

Anyway I decided to get a takeaway pizza this evening and it wasn't great (not because of the pineapple.) Right now I never want to even look at another pizza again :/:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    In before the arseholes with the

" pine nuts, walnuts, rocket leaves, chili garlic oil and some thrice sun brunt tomatoes with a sprinkle of goats cheese "

That sounds class enough, I'll take two, please.

The Franciscan Well gets another vote from me anyway. Very tasty stuff altogether, a decent size and always really really fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I don't have Pepperoni on my Ice Cream and similarly I dont like Pineapple on my Pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I like pizza but we'd usually make our own or if lazy, just get one of the Aldi ones and add extra cheese and toppings yourself.

Have to say it slightly mystifies me seeing people pay the prices they do for takeaway pizza. It's one of those fast foods where the price gap between what's sold by takeaway joints and supermarkets seems pretty excessive.

I'd much rather get a decent Indian or Thai for the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The original modern pizza was just a base with a splash of seasoned passata thrown at your face (with a bit of cheese added if you were loaded). Anything else added to pizza is just hipster, moustache twirling, bullshit.

Oh and people who get 'meat feast' pizzas are just carrion-gobbling vultures, you disgusting people.

Advertisement