Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Shanghai - Bisping Gasteleum. Prelims 845am, Main Card 12pm BT Sp 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

To be fair to the guy for a guy with his skill set, he managed to cash in very well.

What did he say when John asked him if he's retiring? My by sports audio cut.

"it will take more than kelvin gastelum to get rid of me" hinted at taking one more fight in London in March

"it will take more than kelvin gastelum to get rid of me" hinted at taking one more fight in London in March

I am actually going to be in London on the 17th of March, I am 90% sure. I have to visit relatives, If I have time I might try catch the UFC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"Kelvin is a great guy but unfortunately it's going to take a bigger pile of **** to get rid of me."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Huge KO that. That's a **** ton of damage accumulated in 3 weeks. Not healthy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Shouldnt be fighting in march or anytime soon.

Journeymen gonna journeyman.

2nd most wins in the ufc is a journeyman good one lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Didn't watch it but what's the story with Bisping getting interviewed, i thought that anyone who had been KO'd were not to be interviewed in the cage after fight

scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't watch it but what's the story with Bisping getting interviewed, i thought that anyone who had been KO'd were not to be interviewed in the cage after fight

I think Joe Rogan said he wasn't going to interview KO'd fighters anymore but luckily Rogan isn't in China :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Maybe on the very very outside chance it was his last fight Anik wanted to give him time to speak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Kelvin needs to stop being a fat arse, some run at welter hed have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gamebred wrote: »
    2nd most wins in the ufc is a journeyman good one lol.
    Defended his title more times than a certain chap too :D

https://twitter.com/MJCflipdascript/status/934419287586066432

Bisping will be a vegetable, hendo ko alone took years off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I think Joe Rogan said he wasn't going to interview KO'd fighters anymore but luckily Rogan isn't in China :D

Rogan did it with DC in California after he was kneed into oblivion. All well and good professing to give a ****e about people when it's nobodies getting KOed but when it's a star...

That was a bad, bad KO. Will believe retirement when I see it but he shouldn't be fighting for at least six months if he's determined to keep going.

Good showing from a lot of the Chinese fighters tonight. Hope there aren't any issues down the line with any of their, ah, training methods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Bisping had no business being allowed fight again so soon after that tough fight with GSP. Getting cleared seems to be just a box ticking exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Massive left, flush on the chin, and Bisping goes down like the proverbial sack of spuds, out before he hit the deck. Reached too much with his own punch, off balance and bang, game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Bisping has earned the ufc farewell when he wants, has always stepped in whenever the company needed him to, glad he won the title tbh, has always pissed clean, fought whoever put infront of him, good career, will get an ambassador role or something behind the scenes i imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Bisping has earned the ufc farewell when he wants, has always stepped in whenever the company needed him to, glad he won the title tbh, has always pissed clean, fought whoever put infront of him, good career, will get an ambassador role or something behind the scenes i imagine

I always thought he should have retired when he won the title. He's crazy risking further injury and blindness in his eye.

Bisping is obviously blind in that dodgy eye. He has been caught from both GSP and Gastelum from punches coming in from that side, he doesn't see punches coming from taht side at all :(

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I always thought he should have retired when he won the title. He's crazy risking further injury and blindness in his eye.
    I know Bisping wasn't on terrible money even before he won the belt but you can't blame him for wanting to cash in being champion and get that championship money. After his GSP loss, he had made his money and he should have just rode off into the sunset.

Bisping is obviously blind in that dodgy eye. He has been caught from both GSP and Gastelum from punches coming in from that side, he doesn't see punches coming from taht side at all :(

I know Bisping wasn't on terrible money even before he won the belt but you can't blame him for wanting to cash in being champion and get that championship money. After his GSP loss, he had made his money and he should have just rode off into the sunset.

His sight in that eye is either already gone or nearly gone. He's a fool if he thinks he can keep going. What's the point in getting "money fights" if its being spent on surgeries to keep some form of vision in that eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

His sight in that eye is either already gone or nearly gone. He's a fool if he thinks he can keep going. What's the point in getting "money fights" if its being on surgeries to keep some form of vision in that eye.

he will retire next fight imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bisping had no business being allowed fight again so soon after that tough fight with GSP. Getting cleared seems to be just a box ticking exercise.

Is he the first UFC fighter to be finished twice in a month?
    Choked out by GSP & then violently knocked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Saw an instagram from that empty head Schaub saying that the "Chinese commission" (who probably don't exist) was at fault because he (Bisping) should have had a medical suspension.

Hey Brendan, his last fight was in NYC, the NYSAC would have been the ones to issue a medical suspension after the GSP fight, they deemed him fine after the GSP fight and didn't give him a suspension. Blame NYSAC for not issuing the suspension, blame the UFC for even offering him a fight that soon after, blame Bisping and his camp for being stupid enough to take the fight. How the feck he can blame the Chinese authorities I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saw an instagram from that empty head Schaub saying that the "Chinese commission" (who probably don't exist) was at fault because he (Bisping) should have had a medical suspension.

Hey Brendan, his last fight was in NYC, the NYSAC would have been the ones to issue a medical suspension after the GSP fight, they deemed him fine after the GSP fight and didn't give him a suspension. Blame NYSAC for not issuing the suspension, blame the UFC for even offering him a fight that soon after, blame Bisping and his camp for being stupid enough to take the fight. How the feck he can blame the Chinese authorities I have no idea.

Bisping was given a 30 day medical suspension. The Chinese don't have to honour it however, hence why Bisping was allowed to fight over there. He wouldn't have been able to fight in the States as each commission there honours the call of the others in the country.

he will retire next fight imo

I would like to believe that. And then you see Cro-Cop on his 4th Farewell tour and you realize that Athletes are their own worst enemies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Vlad Kelly

Bisping had no place in that octagon. I feel for the guy because this was an obvious rebound bout for a prideful individual with a very strong career behind him, but he's pushing his luck facing a fighter like Kelvin at the best of times let alone after the GSP fight. I know he won't, but he should step away now instead of having a vanity bout in the UK. It's at best a meaningless and needless farewell, at worst another chance to get slept quickly and sustain more brain damage. He's a beast regardless of his recent results.

I would like to believe that. And then you see Cro-Cop on his 4th Farewell tour and you realize that Athletes are their own worst enemies.

I do think Bisping will step away. He has a good lot of money in the bank, Fox job, some minor acting roles and other stuff will pop up. The guys who keep coming back tend to not have many other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Vlad Kelly wrote: »
    Bisping had no place in that octagon. I feel for the guy because this was an obvious rebound bout for a prideful individual with a very strong career behind him, but he's pushing his luck facing a fighter like Kelvin at the best of times let alone after the GSP fight. I know he won't, but he should step away now instead of having a vanity bout in the UK. It's at best a meaningless and needless farewell, at worst another chance to get slept quickly and sustain more brain damage. He's a beast regardless of his recent results.
    Agree with that but his last fight probably won't be against a guy like gastelum and you can't blame him for wanting to bow out in the UK.

Hardy Campaigning for Machida, think that's a perfect fight and one he could win given Machida is not the fighter he was, bisp could imo outwork mach for a pts win.
    There's little doubt for me that his next fight will be his last, think he's smart enough to call it quits, am still baffled as to why he took such a dangerous fighter like gastelum at such short notice though.
    Bisping probably could only have ever won this on pts which was still a big ask after the war with gsp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ERG89 wrote: »
    Good question, I don't remember any fighter being finished twice in a month?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

ERG89 wrote: »

Yes, I believe so. Interestingly, back in the NHB days Igor Vovchanchyn stopped the same guy (Adilson Lima) twice in the same night at IAFC 1 now that I have checked. I seem to remember one of the knockouts being very violent and then I think he second fight was doctor's stoppage due to badly broken snout. Watched it about a year ago. Crazy stuff.

Advertisement