Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Pictures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

04.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Dead Calm

Very cool Australian horror movie. With a cast of just 3 (Sam Neil, Nicole Kidman and Billy Zane) - along with a 30 second scene of other people in 'discovered footage' - I think it was brilliantly paced and built up. The intensity that Billy Zane put into his role definitely made this movie

deadcalm_chasescene.jpg

dead_calm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭ngunners

There will Be Blood train_there_will_be_blood.png

hero_Blood-2017.jpg

Magnolia large_magnolia_blu-ray_11x.jpg

Punch Drunk Love
    punch-drunk-love.jpg

The Master
    the%20master_water.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Some great choices there. Another pair of amazingly visual directors in Del Toro and Paul Thomas Anderson. Del Toro's prestige films like Pan's Labyrinth (And this year's The Shape of Water - Can't wait) get all the mainstream kudos but the design in Hellboy 2 is simply amazing - all the better for the fact that so much was physical effects:
    hellboy-2-angel-of-death-1005118-1280x0.jpg

And Doug Jones is the best prosthetics actor in the business

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Anyone remembers Tim Curry in "Legend"?

Here's Darkness.

darkness-legend.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Reservoir Dogs

big_1413286344_image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The 1989 Batman. This is the scene where the Joker first sees his new face and goes round the twist

4070799-batman07.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Little Shop of Horrors

Dr Orin Scrivello (Steve Martin) is possibly the only movie dentist creepier than Dr Szell

Screen-shot-2011-08-11-at-12.42.00-PM.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

All The Presidents Men

wb-01790-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1484000598754._RI_SX940_.jpg

Hot Fuzz has so many hilarious shots.

maxresdefault.jpg

While the Batman movies had descended to Jim Carey's Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones's maniacal Two-Face and...... cars driving up walls, the superb animated series released a movie. Ironically, while the movies were descending into camp and cartoon characters the cartoon series on TV and in the movie delved into the inner workings of Batman and Gotham City.
    How stable is a man who dresses up as a bat and fights crime? How damaged is he? How responsible is he for the villains that he fights? How do the cops feel about a vigilante on their streets? The villains were amazingly portrayed (The Animated series turned Mr Freeze from a minor, generic bad guy to a tragic lost good man.) The Joker was terrifying. always an inch from exploding. Ledger's joker owes a lot more to the animated series's Joker than Nicholson's 90's camp. It investigated how Batman's obsessive nature poisoned his relationships.
    The Mask of the Phantasm showed a character similarly traumatized to Batman but took a different path.
    The animation was a little clunky compared to Disney films of the time or the clean 2D digital animation we see today but this shot is amazing: The Joker, completely at her mercy and completely insane and OK with what she chooses to deal out. This joker was as far removed as you could get from Nicholson and it would be 25 years before you saw something similar.

the-last-laugh.png

Clint Eastwood & Shirley MacLaine in 'Two Mules For Sister Sara'

sierra-torride-1969-14-g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

more Clint, from the dark and strange High Plains Drifter

tumblr_n68cha29SK1taitvto5_1280.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RichT wrote: »
    When any one mentions 'scary Films' I always think of Don't Look Now and this scene always jumps into my mind.
    Only saw that a few years back, and that ending caught me so off guard it made me jump like I haven't since!

I'll throw in the amazingly bleak visuals in Children of Men.

dd64d6ba50bb78f4cddcdfce0ed8b85b--cinematography.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And the absurdly lush and colourful City of God.

tumblr_njhnqhr2J01qetb0ho1_1280.jpg

CityofGodHP-BNT7NM.jpg

city-of-god-movie-review.jpg

Escape_to_Victory_35343_Medium.jpg
    Sylvester Stallone playing in goal. 'Escape to Victory'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Navigator01.jpg

Public-s-favourite-movie-quotes-of-all-time-531672.jpg

When Harry Met Sally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Patser

Totoro

mvt8i1.jpg

Toy Story 2

35cer1v.jpg

A couple from the Incredible Shrinking Man
    shrinking-man.jpg

incredible+shrinking+man+2.jpg

photo-l-homme-qui-retrecit-the-incredible-shrinking-man-1957-8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

hqdefault.jpg

Shoot em up

This movie is a guilty pleasure, I absolutely love it! It's a (violent) action comedy, of sorts.

The unnamed hero (Clive Owen) has just been in a shootout with villain Hertz (Paul Giamatti) and his men on the roof of the 'Faulk Truck & Tool' building. The hero, using what can only be described as video game physics obliterates most of the gang and escapes.

Rooftop shootout

shootem-fukutoo.jpg

Gary Cooper & Grace Kelly - 'High Noon'

617highnoon.promo_.jpg

The shootout in "Heat". I must admit, when I saw Heat first in the cinema I was a little disappointed. The build up was all about DeNiro and Pacino finally meeting on screen. IT was all about that diner scene. While the scene was cool, it was short, and I really didn't pay as much attention as I should have to everything else.

After subsequent viewings I realised what a classic it is. Each of the main characters is brilliantly drawn: DeNiro's relationship with Amy Brenneman seemed genuine and realistic; Pacino's relationship with his estranged family, especially a young Natalie Portman. All the other characters had their own lives: Especially Kilmer and Ashley Judd (which, shockingly, I totally ignored the first time I saw)

So, I won't post the classic Diner scene (Although it could go up) but I will post something from the shootout. Famously (Although maybe not accurately) it's used as a demonstration to military personnel in the US on how to fight an urban battle when surrounded on two sides.

rs-220194-heat-opener.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Reminds me of the keyboard from Wanted
    wanted_plankton_8520354.jpg

Christopher Lee as Lord Summerisle in the Wicker Man

wicker-man-the-1973-013-christopher-lee-hands-aloft-before-wicker-man.jpg?itok=pVzNirPQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

The audience audibly gasped when they saw Rambo's small waist.

firstblood.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

An American Werewolf in London

Werewolf.jpg

Advertisement