Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I was told Burger King too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It has to be BK as Maxol signed a franchise agreement with them last year.

The dolphins barn station has a BK.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Its a pity as i'm not a fan of Burger King. Surely a town like Newbridge should have a supermacs? But then again we do seem to have loads of takeaways!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

silverview wrote: »
    Its a pity as i'm not a fan of Burger King. Surely a town like Newbridge should have a supermacs? But then again we do seem to have loads of takeaways!

What Newbridge needs is less sh1t fast food places and some decent restaurants.
    No wonder there are so many seriously overweight people in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Anyone know when TK Maxx are opening? I checked today and they were closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

TCP/IP wrote: »

Oh for a Newbridge Brown Bear/Hartes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Is KFC open in Newbridge?

Am almost certain it is. I say almost as there are so many cars in that area for McD too. I did see people eating on the chairs outside KFC yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've never been in KFC in Newbridge (despite living my life there) but I was handed the end of a KFC bucket t'other day. So I think they're open...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I've never been in KFC in Newbridge (despite living my life there) but I was handed the end of a KFC bucket t'other day. So I think they're open...

The Drive Thru was open but limited menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

TCP/IP wrote: »

Yes agree but we have been saying that for a long time now and all we seem to get is fast food places. It would be nice to stroll into town and have good restaurants to choose from instead of getting in the car and driving to Naas or Kildare.

silverview wrote: »
    Yes agree but we have been saying that for a long time now and all we seem to get is fast food places. It would be nice to stroll into town and have good restaurants to choose from instead of getting in the car and driving to Naas or Kildare.

I think it's a sad indictment on Newbridge that the best we can offer ( IMHO ) is JRB's. And NO, am not saying that JRB's is a decent restaurant.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I think it's a sad indictment on Newbridge that the best we can offer ( IMHO ) is JRB's. And NO, am not saying that JRB's is a decent restaurant.

I think its more of a Socioeconomic status of the town more than anything.
    A large portion of it are the fast-food brigade so the town caters for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

More of a breakfast/Brunch town - Market Kitchen, Ubh, Dora Mays, Chat N Chew, No.5 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

bit pointless putting a BK there surely. Too far from the town for foot traffic and with online services near it on both sides on the M/N7 it's not going to get that trade either?

Random fact, the place where it's being built used to be a garage (if it's where I think it is) and many moons ago we broke down outside it in a Citroen XM and had to abandon until they were open to get it fixed!

ELM327 wrote: »

Random fact, the place where it's being built used to be a garage (if it's where I think it is) and many moons ago we broke down outside it in a Citroen XM and had to abandon until they were open to get it fixed!

P.E Nooneys? - wasn't it a meat wholesalers before that, or was it after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Il Ponte Nuovo would be my top of the pile. Jaipore took a big dip in standards the last couple years IMO. Beyond that, not much else. JRB's is alright. Pub grub and average at that. But honestly the burger in Eddies is better...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Cheensbo wrote: »
    P.E Nooneys? - wasn't it a meat wholesalers before that, or was it after?
    Was that not the dealer that had the citroen franchise at the sarsfields end of town?
    Is this not the maxol near the m7 roundabout and the racecourse

ELM327 wrote: »
    Was that not the dealer that had the citroen franchise at the sarsfields end of town?
    Is this not the maxol near the m7 roundabout and the racecourse

Nope that's Duffys, still there too. There's also E.P Mooney (Mitsubishi) down the back street.

I am on about Brennan's maxol near the curragh for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

GavMan wrote: »
    Il Ponte Nuovo would be my top of the pile. Jaipore took a big dip in standards the last couple years IMO. Beyond that, not much else. JRB's is alright. Pub grub and average at that. But honestly the burger in Eddies is better...

Thaiger does a good trade in takeaway and we are usually happy with the food out of there. Any time I'm in there though there is maybe 1\2 tables occupied - that probably shows how much they rely on takeaways to be able to remain viable and open.

Harrigan's menu really declined over the past couple of years

Completely agree re Newbridge and the lack of good places to eat - I'm always thinking if a real good place like Las Radas (Tapas in Naas) was to open in Newbridge it would do great business....a lot of people like me go to Naas for a good meal out

• Advertisement

Got a notification last night that Fujiyama will be open again this weekend - that is a quality restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Nope that's Duffys, still there too. There's also E.P Mooney (Mitsubishi) down the back street.

I am on about Brennan's maxol near the curragh for sure
    It was originally going to be a supermacs with drive through and then last year maxol signed the franchise agreement with BK .. so its looking like a BK .. I was hoping it was going to be a supermacs as not a fan of BK plus a drive through SM would have been handy as junction 14 ( Monasterevin) don’t have one and it does be jammed inside .
    I can’t see a Burger King doing well in that location.
    Still holding some hope it might be a SM

mxnwb.jpg

It'll be alright looking when done to be fair. Was really hoping for a supermacs closer than J14

My money's on BK anyway, pure shite

Seems we get the raw end of the stick a lot. No Supermacs, No Aldi, no decent restaurant.

And up to about 3 years ago, we didn't have a decent pizza joint - indeed sometimes I think we still don't have one lol

Seems we get the raw end of the stick a lot. No Supermacs, No Aldi, no decent restaurant.

And up to about 3 years ago, we didn't have a decent pizza joint - indeed sometimes I think we still don't have one lol

Aldi won't be long coming round, nor will the expansion to lidl.

Could really do with a filling station/shop/food setup there opposite the D.O.D. though, curse on KCC for rejecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

aldi have been granted planning permission and have done some preliminary work on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

harr wrote: »
    It was originally going to be a supermacs with drive through and then last year maxol signed the franchise agreement with BK .. so its looking like a BK .. I was hoping it was going to be a supermacs as not a fan of BK plus a drive through SM would have been handy as junction 14 ( Monasterevin) don’t have one and it does be jammed inside .
    I can’t see a Burger King doing well in that location.
    Still holding some hope it might be a SM
    It's an exceptionally busy fuel station.

The Brennans got planning initially and it was going to be a spar and Supermacs and deli. The "spar is coming" sign was up too and work had started.

Maxol made them a very generous offer which Brennans took and it became a Maxol owned property.

It's now virtually completed and I wouldn't be surprised if BK were open in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Aldi is due to be done in August. Whether that happens is another question but I was talking to staff due to move from another store to Newbridge in August. It'll be a welcome shop for me, drives me potty going to Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

ladyella wrote: »
    Aldi is due to be done in August. Whether that happens is another question but I was talking to staff due to move from another store to Newbridge in August. It'll be a welcome shop for me, drives me potty going to Kildare

Where is it going? I haven’t seen any work going on around the town..

• Advertisement

Where is it going? I haven’t seen any work going on around the town..

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.1768658,-6.8025207,3a,75y,181.5h,85.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEl_HfKEbZZE2pt1_0pbxAw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

It's going there, you can see the plans on kildare coco planning map

Advertisement